BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
39 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "ANTI" // 8th Album, OUT NOW - TIDAL, iTunes. Physical 5th of feb
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Aug 8 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I thought I might as well open this new thread as we know Rihanna has been possibly working on new tracks such as the song Nicky Romero has been working on which is confirmed below. Also, we now possibly have confirmation that Rihanna's 8th studio album is scheduled for release this autumn, most likely in November.

According to MTV.it: (translated by Google)
Riri is planning to release a new album later this year.The new material will be worked in the next few weeks and will probably be materialized in November in the eighth disc of her career (!).

http://news.mtv.it/musica/rihanna-nuovo-al...-novembre-2013/
Furthermore, here is confirmation on MTV.com that Nicky Romero has been working on a follow-up to 'Right Now' which he co-produced with David Guetta:

MTV News caught up with Nicky Romero at the Tomorrowland festival in Belgium, where he informed us that his professional relationship with Rihanna is far from over. "We actually produced the record called 'Right Now' on her album Unapologetic. So I made that one together with David Guetta and now we're working on a follow-up."

The production on the track will be "out of the box," he told us, adding quickly with a smile, "In a smooth way."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1711661/n...nna-track.jhtml
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Aug 8 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Lets hope she gets out more than two successful singles this time! Her lead singles are usually always killer so I anticipate this greatly.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 8 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #3
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

I hope she flops* so she can finally take a freakin' break! Releasing an album every year isn't what she should be doing especially when the material is getting worse. Loud>>>Talk That Talk>>>>>>>Unapolegetic

*Not really of course but there's gotta be soemthing to stop this woman from releasing albums right?!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Aug 8 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #4
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

The last era really was the pits, I really hope for better this time.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 8 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #5
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

I really hope she can find a way to redeem herself with this album (obviously NOT going to happen), because the last two albums have been an utter mess. Only really about 3 highlights on each (more-so Unapologetic which had the fantastic What Now, Lost in Paradise and Love Without Tragedy). She really needs to take time out after this album and come back in a few years with a Greatest Hits, and songs up to the standard of the Loud era. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 8 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

There was nothing wrong with Talk That Talk and Unapologetic, it's just unfortunate that she's Rihanna and she had SO much to live up to with the perfect run of Good Girl Gone Bad/Rated R/Loud, which only had about 6 or 7 below average tracks (if that!) between them for me, ultimately they fell flat. Unapologetic is a lot better than Talk That Talk overall for me, Stay, Diamonds, Lost In Paradise, Pour It Up and Love Without Tragedy are amazing but TTT only really has We Found Love and Where Have You Been as huge highlights.

But he needs a proper Only Girl/We Found Love style dance smash this time around, Right Now just wasn't good enough and that's why they didn't bother with it as the lead single. Diamonds was flawless but I wouldn't want her to make a habit of that style of song as lead singles.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 8 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #7
nabad

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 8 2013, 09:38 PM) *
There was nothing wrong with Talk That Talk and Unapologetic

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 8 2013, 09:38 PM) *
TTT only really has We Found Love and Where Have You Been as huge highlights.

So there obviously was something wrong with it then...?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 8 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Calum Sandé @ Aug 8 2013, 10:00 PM) *
So there obviously was something wrong with it then...?

I worded it wrong, what I meant that it wouldn't get SO much hate if it wasn't by an artist like her with such highly acclaimed albums. It's a bit like Sweet 7 by Sugababes sort of, that would be held in a higher regard than it was if it was by a more 'faceless' girlband like Girls Can't Catch or Parade.

Aside from the ones I mentioned and two or three below average songs, the others are largely on the same level of 7.5/8 out of 10. Same with Unapologetic really.

+Quote Post
Scene
post Aug 8 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #9
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand any potential Rihanna single is welcome but on the other, it NEEDS to be FAR better than Unapologetic. That was the first album by Rihanna I haven't bought since her debut. 'Pour It Up' aside, it was just dull. Even 'Diamonds' and 'Stay' got boring - I didn't even purchase 'Stay'.

Rihanna needs to seriously think about what her next album needs to be. I don't want a Loud Part 2 because we already have that album but at the same time I don't want an album from her that is even worse than her last. I'd love Rihana to explore Afrobeat more on album 8 but I don't think it's particularly popular in the US.

I'll never say no to a 'Man Down' sequel though. heart.gif

This post has been edited by SceneofSIXCrimes: Aug 8 2013, 10:58 PM

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 8 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #10
nabad

When did she release Loud Part 2, exactly? heehee.gif

Like you though, I'm definitely up to another song similar to Man Down. One of the highlights from Loud. <3

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Aug 9 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #11
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'd really like something like Rated R. I mean, I know it wasn't her biggest success but something you can actually tell she put effort in herself would be nice.

+Quote Post
~ * G R I F F * ~
post Aug 9 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #12
Guests

No, she goes too much into the Rated R direction already but just makes the songs more mainstream. I would like another Good Girl Gone Bad, this doesn't feel like the year to put out another Loud.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 9 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #13
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

YES! Working with Nicky Romero, on his own <3 Hopefully it'll be as killer as I'm anticipating! Which album was meant to be 'Loud' "Part 2", Scene? laugh.gif 'Talk That Talk' was far too urban/not as radio friendly and 'Unapologetic', well...

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 9 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #14
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

I think he meant we already have Loud, so he doesn't want a pt2

+Quote Post
Acoustic
post Aug 9 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 8,919

I think Unapologetic was a much stronger album than TTT.

I always love some new Riri.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Aug 9 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #16
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

I actually am looking forward to another album from Rihanna, with the underperformance of "Pour It Up" and "Right Now", it feels like we've actually had some sort of break from her this time. The lead single is bound to première in September and I'm hoping for an upbeat comeback single!

+Quote Post
Scene
post Aug 9 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #17
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I meant we already have Loud so there isn't much need for a part 2 album. The great thing about the likes of Good Girl Gone Bad, Rated R, Loud and Talk That Talk (I liked that album tongue.gif) is that they all sounded fresh and original when compared to Rihanna's back catalogue. She's never gone back to a sound which is why I think she's remained really popular. I know Christina tried to keep reinventing herself but she was too drastic and spent 4 years for each reinvention. laugh.gif A real Afrobeat/Caribbean-influenced album would be amazing.

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 9 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #18
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

A Rihanna feat. Nicky Romero lead single would be amazing wub.gif I never really got into Right Now, but obviously as that flopped they're not going to make Right Now part 2 as her new single.

+Quote Post
Scene
post Aug 9 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I'm not really keen on the NR collab tbh. But then I'm only basing my opinion on 'I Could Be The One' and 'Right Now'. At least the flopdom of 'Right Now' can motivate them both to create something that isn't too generic.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Aug 10 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

It's a bit late for a Rihanna album campaign... doesn't she normally have the lead single out by the first week of August?

+Quote Post

39 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 AM