BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Labour, and allegations of anti-semitism
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Apr 9 2018, 05:44 AM
Post #41
Paul Hyett
Group: Banned
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 8 2018, 08:10 PM) *
says it all.... laugh.gif

I just *knew* one of you would come up with that - the only question was which one of you it would be. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 9 2018, 08:50 AM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Apr 9 2018, 06:44 AM) *
I just *knew* one of you would come up with that - the only question was which one of you it would be. laugh.gif

appreciate the set-up thanks, always worth repeating. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 11 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #43
Howdy, disco citizens
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Well, at least Jeremy Corbyn has gained one new fan in recent weeks. Former BNP hatemonger Nick Griffin has announced his support for Jeremy Corbyn due to his stance towards Syria & his refusal to condemn the Syrian president for gassing people.

Of course, I'm sure it's just a major coincidence that the ex-holocaust denier Griffin has pledged his support for Corbyn following weeks highlighting alleged anti-Semitism within the Labour Party. It's been over a day since Griffin's endorsement, and to the best of my knowledge Jeremy Corbyn is yet to disavow his endorsement. I'm sure it'll come any day now...

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 11 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #44
is in hibernation
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Apr 11 2018, 08:54 PM) *
Well, at least Jeremy Corbyn has gained one new fan in recent weeks. Former BNP hatemonger Nick Griffin has announced his support for Jeremy Corbyn due to his stance towards Syria & his refusal to condemn the Syrian president for gassing people.

Of course, I'm sure it's just a major coincidence that the ex-holocaust denier Griffin has pledged his support for Corbyn following weeks highlighting alleged anti-Semitism within the Labour Party. It's been over a day since Griffin's endorsement, and to the best of my knowledge Jeremy Corbyn is yet to disavow his endorsement. I'm sure it'll come any day now...

The refusal of the rabid Corbynites to condemn their beloved leader under any circumstances disgusts me.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 11 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #45
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Same Ol @ Apr 11 2018, 09:01 PM) *
The refusal of the rabid Corbynites to condemn their beloved leader under any circumstances disgusts me.

They are, of course, largely the same Labour supporters as the ones who refuse to accept that Tony Blair did anything right at all.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 12 2018, 06:04 AM
Post #46
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 11 2018, 10:33 PM) *
They are, of course, largely the same Labour supporters as the ones who refuse to accept that Tony Blair did anything right at all.

Blair did many things wrong, but he realized, as Corbynites do not, that you have to appeal to more than just the hard-left to win elections. High-sounding principles mean nothing if you cannot get elected to put them into practice.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 12 2018, 07:04 AM
Post #47
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

seems as though left-wing filmmaker Ken Loach wants to deselect any Labour MP who is a Corbynite.

End of democracy in the Labour Party, quite frankly. The party that tolerated Jezza's endless attempts to remove all of Labour's previous leaders since he got into Parliament.

The natural result to a mass deselection of Centrist Labour MP's would be to encourage a new centrist party with actual experience of government in it's candidates. Oddly enough I hear there is a new party being backed with money looking for a role to play...

Which would split the Labour vote and give the Tories even more carte blanche to ruin the UK.

This isn't idle talk BTW, I have a friend, a decent human being who has been active in Labour politics for years and is standing as a local councillor, who has bizarrely become infected with Momentumism and wants to deselect people he was campaigning for only years ago, failing to see the hypocrisy of this position when it comes to Corbyn and that it can only lead to disaster for the party and for the country.

Despair much.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 12 2018, 07:12 AM
Post #48
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 12 2018, 08:04 AM) *
seems as though left-wing filmmaker Ken Loach wants to deselect any Labour MP who is a Corbynite.

End of democracy in the Labour Party, quite frankly. The party that tolerated Jezza's endless attempts to remove all of Labour's previous leaders since he got into Parliament.

The natural result to a mass deselection of Centrist Labour MP's would be to encourage a new centrist party with actual experience of government in it's candidates. Oddly enough I hear there is a new party being backed with money looking for a role to play...

Which would split the Labour vote and give the Tories even more carte blanche to ruin the UK.

This isn't idle talk BTW, I have a friend, a decent human being who has been active in Labour politics for years and is standing as a local councillor, who has bizarrely become infected with Momentumism and wants to deselect people he was campaigning for only years ago, failing to see the hypocrisy of this position when it comes to Corbyn and that it can only lead to disaster for the party and for the country.

Despair much.

Nice to see we don't disagree on *everything* then.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 12 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #49
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Apr 12 2018, 08:12 AM) *
Nice to see we don't disagree on *everything* then.

I am nothing if not even-handed in my criticisms, with the exception of the Libdems who are largely invisible and bit players in events (but who arent as schizophrenic as the current 2 main parties in any case, at least they have a clear idea of what they believe and want, all 3 or 8 of them, or whatever the current total is, and which I tend to agree with).

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 18 2018, 07:09 AM
Post #50
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Some good speeches from members of the Labour on anti-semitism in Parliament. Jeremy Corbyn should use this untapped literate and passionate resource within his own party. Mind you, that would mean actually attending and listening to them first...

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 18 2018, 07:26 AM
Post #51
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 18 2018, 08:09 AM) *
Some good speeches from members of the Labour on anti-semitism in Parliament. Jeremy Corbyn should use this untapped literate and passionate resource within his own party. Mind you, that would mean actually attending and listening to them first...

It's certainly a problem that isn't going to go away - it's one that all parties need to root out & eliminate.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 24 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #52
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

The Jewish Leadership Council were not satisfied with the outcome of their meeting with Jeremy Corbyn. From their longer statement, here are the actions that they had wished Corbyn & Labour to take in dealing with anti-Semitism, that were rejected at the meeting -

In particular, they did not agree in the meeting with our proposals that there should be a fixed timetable to deal with antisemitism cases; that they should expedite the long—standing cases involving Ken Livingstone and Jackie Walker; that no MP should share a platform with somebody expelled or suspended for antisemitism; that they adopt the full International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) definition of antisemitism with all its examples and clauses; that there should be transparent oversight of their disciplinary process.

I'm sure everyone's looking forward to hearing why Corbyn does not consider these proposals viable.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 24 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #53
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

That definition of anti-semitism redefines a Semite as exclusively Jewish. Most dictionaries disagree,

The evocation of the Holocaust helps to explain some attitudes. Nobody with an active brain cell can dispute that the Holocaust was one of the most appalling episodes of 20th century history. Equally, there can be no dispute that Jews formed by far the largest group of victims. However, many people feel that successive Israeli governments have used the Holocaust to justify everything they do. Some defenders of Israel suggest that criticism of Israeli governments is somehow anti-semitic. It isn't, any more than criticism of May's government is anti-christian.

Returning to the Holocaust, it is not anti-semitic or downplaying the suffering of Jews to point out that other groups were also victims. Those groups included Communists, the disabled, homosexuals, gypsies and trade unionists.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Apr 24 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #54
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

The media are loving this aren't they! The story goes into a 4th week even moving back ahead of the Whindrush scandal!

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 29 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #55
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Corbyn can make this whole ongoing issue go away.

"Anyone in the labour party found to be spreading antisemitism will be thrown out allowing them to be free to join other parties more aligned with bigotry."

That will also shut up the excusing of this behaviour by blaming anti-corbyn mp's - they would no longer have a complaint if that is the reason.

There is no reason this should not be policy. Unless there is substance to the claims....

Being against israeli politics is in no way incompatible with anti semitism.

Over to you Jezza?

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 21 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #56
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

Ken Livingstone has left the Labour Party following his suspension for alleged anti-Semitic comments.

Prediction - he'll be back in Labour within a year.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post May 21 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #57
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 21 2018, 06:11 PM) *
Ken Livingstone has left the Labour Party following his suspension for alleged anti-Semitic comments.

Prediction - he'll be back in Labour within a year.

Prediction: if Labour has him back then it will be a great way of signalling that they don't take it seriously. He could always stand for Mayor of London as in Independent candidate again, though, and get back in that way 4 years later?

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 3 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #58
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

The Corbynites are going absolutely bananas on Twitter about an hilarious sketch featuring Jeremy on the Tracey Ullman Show on Friday, which lampoons Labour's anti-antisemitism problem, alongside some of the other people whose company he keeps. Naturally, some of them have started complaining of BBC's anti-Corbyn bias (ignoring the fact that the same show was just as scathing about other political figures, Theresa May included), with some of them even claiming the sketch was written by David Baddiel (which it wasn't an accusation that one could claim is a wee bit antisemitic itself). Anyway, the offending sketch is below, and as the Corbynites don't want you to watch it, I would suggest definitely not watching it.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 3 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #59
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jun 3 2018, 01:34 PM) *
The Corbynites are going absolutely bananas on Twitter about an hilarious sketch featuring Jeremy on the Tracey Ullman Show on Friday, which lampoons Labour's anti-antisemitism problem, alongside some of the other people whose company he keeps. Naturally, some of them have started complaining of BBC's anti-Corbyn bias (ignoring the fact that the same show was just as scathing about other political figures, Theresa May included), with some of them even claiming the sketch was written by David Baddiel (which it wasn't an accusation that one could claim is a wee bit antisemitic itself). Anyway, the offending sketch is below, and as the Corbynites don't want you to watch it, I would suggest definitely not watching it.

It's funny cos it's true!

If Corbynites can't take a joke using material that is totally accurate then they are in the wrong business quite frankly. If it contained untruths then the complaints would be justified...

Humour is meant to ridicule the hypocrites in power (among other things) by showing them up for what they are. That they moan about an almost 60-year-old comedian who used to be a pop star and gave us The Simpsons shows how the concept of humour is alien to them. Oy vey!

Mazel Tov Corbynites....

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 17 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #60
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

Over 60 Jewish rabbis have written an open letter to The Guardian stating that Labour's definition of anti-semitism does not go far enough, and have claimed that it doesn't meet the international standards for anti-Semitism. The letter is unprecedented, especially as it sees ultra-orthodox rabbis sign alongside those of Reformed & Liberal Judaism.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:19 AM