BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> THE BIG HOUSING DEBATE, Election issue #1
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Doctor Blind
post 29th April 2015, 05:26 PM
Post #21
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Renting is not dead money, that is a mantra repeated by trapped home owners to convince themselves that after having over-leveraged themselves massively in order to 'buy' a house (which they don't and won't own for another 25 to 30 years when the mortgage is paid down), they are better off than those who haven't. In Germany the model of renting works very well for instance...

House/asset prices are unsustainably high and very soon there will be some quite large deflation in prices because wages are very unlikely to increase as the global economy stagnates and globalisation puts a downward pressure on them.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Kath
post 29th April 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Apr 29 2015, 06:09 PM) *
She resents paying taxes for people to stay on Housing Benefit in rented places for life. She said that young people should do more to help themselves.

Yes - I resent my taxes going straight into the pockets of unscrupulous private landlords too!

As for moving where the cheaper properties are - they are usually in places where there is little work. As for 'leaving a property to your kids' - forget it! When you become old you'll have to sell it to pay for your care home fees - so your kids start off at square one anyway!

This post has been edited by Kath: 29th April 2015, 05:29 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 29th April 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

Why am I doing this? Editing but going into the 'quote' option! Stupid cow!

This post has been edited by Kath: 29th April 2015, 05:29 PM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th April 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Apr 29 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Bricks are also good for smashing politicians house windows biggrin.gif if we want to get technical on this

Lol. Can we start with that tw*t IDS, Iain Duncan Smith then, for all his welfare cuts and picking on the sick and disabled. mad.gif I see he's not been seen much on TV or the campaign trail and failed to turn up to a meeting of all candidates in his ultra safe constituency.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: 29th April 2015, 05:35 PM

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 29th April 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #25
Group icon

Housing benefit shouldn't be required for those in work, but then most of the 'jobs' than the Conservative and Liberal Democrat government claimed to have created in this new FANTASTIC economy (that has declining manufacturing and construction) are paying nowhere near enough. So tax revenues are down and we end up paying more out of that tax to as Kath says unscrupulous private landlords. It's a total mess, and I doubt any party will seriously address the problem - which is a TOTAL LACK OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th April 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Apr 29 2015, 06:34 PM) *
Housing benefit shouldn't be required for those in work, but then most of the 'jobs' than the Conservative and Liberal Democrat government claimed to have created in this new FANTASTIC economy (that has declining manufacturing and construction) are paying nowhere near enough. So tax revenues are down and we end up paying more out of that tax to as Kath says unscrupulous private landlords. It's a total mess, and I doubt any party will seriously address the problem - which is a TOTAL LACK OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING.

Agreed, wages should be high enough for people to not need HB but then if they were higher why shouldn't they, with a deposit for a home, get a mortgage? Every house that comes on the market here, London E6, is sold very quickly for buy to rent. Landlord with multiple properties snap them up I've been told, sometimes without even seeing them or a survey being done. One near us went in 2 days, yes, you guessed, buy to rent.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: 29th April 2015, 05:39 PM

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 29th April 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #27
Group icon

QUOTE(Common Sense @ Apr 29 2015, 06:37 PM) *
Agreed, wages should be high enough for people to not need HB but then if they were higher why shouldn't they, with a deposit for a home, get a mortgage?

Absolutely, I'm just arguing that at the moment with a very top end market (likely to collapse) it would be a bit silly to load up with huge debt you can barely afford to pay back at record breaking emergency low interest rates when you could quite easily end up in negative equity and paying back double or even triple what you expect to if interest rates increase slightly. You could end up with nothing!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:22 AM