BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
147 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The Tory lies and deceit thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post Nov 22 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Nov 21 2015, 11:44 PM) *
Are you suggesting the Bournemouth Echo is a bit sh1t? tongue.gif

Shall we say there is room for improvement tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 13 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I've missed a few opportunities to add to this but here's one...

On the day that the Commons was debating whether to extend bombing to Syria, the health secretary Jeremy Rhyming-Slang slipped out an announcement. He has decided that some of the figures showing how the NHS is doing will no longer be reported. So, if you want to know about A&E waiting times, tough. They won't be reporters any more. Similarly, there will be no figures on how long people are left waiting in ambulances outside hospital or left on trollies for more than four hours.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 13 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
How about the reviews on the banking crisis culpability, the banks who still own shitloads of bailout cash, are now 6 years old and beyond the date they can be held accountable, following "delays". The vast majority of big knobs who were in responsible decision making well paid jobs are still free to hold down city jobs. Not only can you cause billons worth of damage but you can get away scot-free. Now try stealing a bag of crisps from tescos and watch how much the system is prepated to pay out bringing you to justice. The rich and powerful are a cartel relying on oceans of poor to keep them rich.

Ive been reading private eye again, tch!

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Dec 13 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #24
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
Stealing a bag of crisps from a supermarket with CCTV footage is just a *tad* bit more open-shut a case (for who's culpable, what happened, when, and whether any crimes were committed) than the most complex financial meltdown in modern history though?

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 13 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Qassändra @ Dec 13 2015, 11:28 PM) *
Stealing a bag of crisps from a supermarket with CCTV footage is just a *tad* bit more open-shut a case (for who's culpable, what happened, when, and whether any crimes were committed) than the most complex financial meltdown in modern history though?

That doesn't excuse the fact that people are going to get away scot-free simply because it has taken a long time to consider all the evidence. I'm generally opposed to the idea of retrospective legislation. However, I might be prepared to make an exception if someone wanted to change this six-year restriction retrospectively.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Dec 13 2015, 11:45 PM
Post #26
Group icon
DROTTNING!
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Dec 14 2015, 12:42 AM) *
That doesn't excuse the fact that people are going to get away scot-free simply because it has taken a long time to consider all the evidence. I'm generally opposed to the idea of retrospective legislation. However, I might be prepared to make an exception if someone wanted to change this six-year restriction retrospectively.

Oh definitely, but I'm pretty wary of any assumptions that just because stuff as complex as this/the Chilcot Report have taken so long they're automatically lumped into the category of cover-up rather than cock-up.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 14 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Qassändra @ Dec 13 2015, 11:45 PM) *
Oh definitely, but I'm pretty wary of any assumptions that just because stuff as complex as this/the Chilcot Report have taken so long they're automatically lumped into the category of cover-up rather than cock-up.

I'm less forgiving I'm afraid. They all got paid outrageous wages and bonuses to be good at their job, and like almost everyone in positions of power, abused it, failed to listen to those in the know (this is still going on in local government and government) because they think they know better because they are paid more than some lackey who they see as just being negative and out to piss on their huge bonuses.

They all failed miserably at their jobs, and the only reason they haven't been brought to task for 115 billion pounds worth of debt is cos the politicians who were on the case (and not just Tories) are going to look as stupid as the bankers if it went to trial, as all sorts of inconvenient truths come out when the pigs start to squeal.

Fairly open and shut to me. The banks went bankrupt, those in control of them didn't even get a slap on the wrist. It would have been 114.9 billion times cheaper to concentrate on the professional thieves and give petty thieves a slapped wrist.

BTW don't get me going on bonuses: the last Labour government apparently "had" to honour the contracts of top bankers in the nationalised (failed) banks, re wages and bonuses, cos it was written down somewhere. Local government staff get our contracts rewritten at the drop of a hat, and our salary (as agreed in a "contract") reduced at bureaucratic whim. One rule for the rich one rule for the relatively poor.

Have I mentioned how much I loathe hypocrisy? Thought so... laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 16 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
can we add an about-face on fracking in AOB's and National Parks now? This is after the government pulled the plug on windfarms for being 15 miles off the coast as it would damage a World Heritage site by being in the completely opposite direction far out at sea, as opposed to drilling underneath landscapes and natural vegetation doing who knows what long-term damage to root-systems and wildlife. SSSI's are not protected.

Lies, lies, lies. Liar Liar pants on fire.

Can I just say, and I know "I told you so" remarks dont go down well generally, but I said not months ago that without the Lib-Dems reigning in the sheer nastiness we would soon find out what they contributed towards the coalition in preventing the wholesale Conservative power-hungry muscle. So, a quick "thank you very much" to all the effort that went into eliminating the Lib-Dems, and the totally ineffective campaign against the real baddies who dodged every bullet hiding behind the LibDems as cannon-fodder, and everyone fell for it.....

Be careful what you wish for or you end up with an unelectable opposition and a decimated handy brake on those who want to re-invent society as a rich-loving, tax-dodging, money-grabbing, vested-interested mirror image of themselves.

Effing depressing we have another 5 years of misery ahead, minimum.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Dec 17 2015, 09:17 PM
Post #29
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
The final day of Parliament is the traditional 'bury all the sh*t' day, and this year we've a VERITABLE BONANZA

* The government bill for special advisors ( Gideon Osborne has ten!) rose for 2015-16 to £9.2 million - up an inflation busting £800,000
* A damning report that reveals three-quarters of those affected by the so-called bedroom tax were cutting back on food to simply survive
* The report into the Muslim Brotherhood has finally been released concluding that they have a “highly ambiguous relationship with violent extremism” but not banning them, thus simultaneously alienating millions who never espoused violence in the first place and also winding up the Saudi's.
* The government published hospitality records showing George Osborne had a private dinner with Rupert Murdoch on 13 September- the day after Jeremy Corbyn became Labour leader
* The government announced a mass expansion of licences for fracking for shale gas: Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth confirmed that licences are being offered to companies to start looking for and extracting shale gas from 159 areas in England and Wales - including our national parks as ratified yesterday.
* The government published an announcement that conceded air quality will remain poor in major UK cities until 2020 and continue to fail to meet EU targets.
* As the Conservatives didn't get their way with tax credits, they've announced today that The House of Lords would lose the power to block certain legislation in the future.

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 17 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The Tories enjoy playing fast and loose with the rule, frequently exploiting the fact that we don't have a formal, written constitution. This week, the government finally got their way by persuading the Lords to vote against extending the vote to 16-and 17-year-olds for the EU referendum. They threatened to bypass the Lords by declaring it to be a money issue. Their justification was that they estimated the cost of extending the franchise to £6 million. That is, 15p per adult. Note, that is not 15p per year, it is a one-off cost of 15p per person. It is generally believed that their estimate did not include an adjustment to allow for the fact that drawing up the register for the following two years would be cheaper as most of the new names would already be known.

Of course, if they can have something costing as little as £6 million to be a money issue, they can do the same with pretty much anything, thereby rendering the House Of Lords totally redundant.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 17 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Dec 17 2015, 09:17 PM) *
The final day of Parliament is the traditional 'bury all the sh*t' day, and this year we've a VERITABLE BONANZA

* The government bill for special advisors ( Gideon Osborne has ten!) rose for 2015-16 to £9.2 million - up an inflation busting £800,000

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS

The cost of special advisers should have gone down after the election. After all, under the coalition, some Lib Dem ministers would have wanted their own advisers in addition to those advising the Tory ministers in the same department. Of course, in opposition, Cameron promised to reduce the number of special advisers.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Dec 17 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #32
Group icon
DROTTNING!
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Dec 17 2015, 10:38 PM) *
Of course, if they can have something costing as little as £6 million to be a money issue, they can do the same with pretty much anything, thereby rendering the House Of Lords totally redundant.

Ding ding ding! And quietly we slip into a unitary state.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 18 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Dec 17 2015, 09:17 PM) *

* A damning report that reveals three-quarters of those affected by the so-called bedroom tax were cutting back on food to simply survive
* The report into the Muslim Brotherhood has finally been released concluding that they have a “highly ambiguous relationship with violent extremism” but not banning them, thus simultaneously alienating millions who never espoused violence in the first place and also winding up the Saudi's.
* The government published hospitality records showing George Osborne had a private dinner with Rupert Murdoch on 13 September- the day after Jeremy Corbyn became Labour leader
* The government announced a mass expansion of licences for fracking for shale gas: Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth confirmed that licences are being offered to companies to start looking for and extracting shale gas from 159 areas in England and Wales - including our national parks as ratified yesterday.
* The government published an announcement that conceded air quality will remain poor in major UK cities until 2020 and continue to fail to meet EU targets.
* As the Conservatives didn't get their way with tax credits, they've announced today that The House of Lords would lose the power to block certain legislation in the future.

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS

Bonanza indeed!

House Of Lords, who Tories have supported forever, now they have "made the government rethink it's policy that it tried to slip through undercover of a batch" (The Lords don't have the power to block, only to send back) are suddenly the Spawn Of Satan and the Tories wish to continue to have a second house that gets paid to do nothing effectively. While I'm not the biggest fan of H Of L as it is set up, I am very much in favour of a second chamber to spot-check the all of the sneaky slimy low-down hidden undemocratic laws any government tries to get through by hiding it amongst other stuff. Loathesome.

Murdoch got off scot free from any personal culpability in News Corp guilt (and they ARE guilty), and is a propaganda machine for any number of pro-rich legislation that allows him to continue to increase power and money. Funny he should have lunch with the Chancellor....

"Special Advisors" is another way of saying "paying shitloads to people who are good at putting a case forward for stuff we intend doing, spinning it, and then having someone to blame when it goes wrong." It's the modern political way. It's also deceiptful, also loathesome, and it's insulting to the intelliegence of people who aren't fooled by BS.

Rich posh boys have a justified reputation for mocking plebs, anecdotedly amongst friends who deal with them and their City cronies. One of my fave games is to loudly slag off investment bankers and the rich when I'm on the tube in certain parts of London, giving reasons why of course, and watch the newspapers shift about uncomfortably.

How childish! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 28 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Dave is at again offering his sympathies, this time flooding. Perhaps if his government (and most others in the world, to be fair) were a bit less two-faced about global warming (cancelling wind-power farms, allowing fracking and not changing the law so that local government investments in environment and people unfriendly institutions cannot be cancelled, they now have a duty to get "Best Value" - like Oil, weapons of destruction and so on - then perhaps the links between more flooding, more damage and increasing global warming, melting ice caps and glaciers, might be seen more as cause and effect in the tiny little rich pea-brains.

Best Value, take it from those in local government, is not necessarily being forced to go for the cheapest option (that's why Labour changed the Tory legislation after it became bleeding obvious half of the companies winning bids ended up not being able to carry out what they signed up to) it's going for the most sensible and long-term most-profitable option. That would include not supporting, say, OPEC who are currently undercutting oil producers worldwide to drive them out of business/reduce their power, so that they can then raise prices and regain the political power in the world that they have enjoyed for so long, which allows them to get away with all sorts with no fear of political retaliation.

Have I mentioned that this government has issued dozens of statements showing them to be lying hypocrites? This is a fact.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Dec 28 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #35
Group icon
DROTTNING!
QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Dec 28 2015, 06:14 PM) *
Have I mentioned that this government has issued dozens of statements showing them to be lying hypocrites? This is a fact.

Yes, we get the gist without you repeating this exact sentence in every post.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 28 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Qassändra @ Dec 28 2015, 05:55 PM) *
Yes, we get the gist without you repeating this exact sentence in every post.

It never hurts to reinforce public opinion through repetition. That is, after all, how PR works tongue.gif

PS, somebody has to say these things, the Labour leadership seem to be off for xmas, rumours of imminent shadow cabinet reshuffles obviously more important, teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 28 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Dec 28 2015, 06:28 PM) *
It never hurts to reinforce public opinion through repetition. That is, after all, how PR works tongue.gif

PS, somebody has to say these things, the Labour leadership seem to be off for xmas, rumours of imminent shadow cabinet reshuffles obviously more important, teresa.gif

When it comes to exposing Cameron's lies, the Labour leadership seems to have been off for Christmas for over five years tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 29 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Dec 28 2015, 09:01 PM) *
When it comes to exposing Cameron's lies, the Labour leadership seems to have been off for Christmas for over five years tongue.gif

Ouch! (The truth hurts... laugh.gif )

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 30 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Can I just say Happy New Year Oliver Letwin? I'd also like to thank Oliver for helping to re-confirm my utter belief that posh public school boys should not be let anywhere near politics when they grow up, cos they have, y'know, f***-all experience of reality, life, and people outside their closeted privileged upbringing, which totally distorts their ivory tower view of the world. It's not as if the unhappy people of the time weren't actually SAYING what the problems were, it wasn't a huge secret, just didn't break through the walls of bigotry in the H of P it seems.

The ability to speak latin is of piss-all use outside of academia, and encourages Roman-Empire views of minorities, it would seem, if newly-released government historical documents are any example.... I mean, it makes Thatcher look positively socially advanced in comparison!

Good to know that there's still room for people like Mr. Letwin in current Tory governments, I'm sure they all feel cosy and warm together.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 30 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The real joke is that Letwin is claiming that his comments were "badly worded". Perhaps he could let us know how racist remarks could be better-worded. These comments were in a written memo, so he had plenty of opportunity to make sure they were worded correctly. As it is, they were certainly worded very clearly.

Mind you, Letwin does have form. He was one of the prime movers behind the Poll Tax. In the 2001 election campaign, he told a journalist that the Tories had plans for £20 billion of cuts but that they would prefer not to let the voters know. He was kept well away from journalists for the rest of the campaign. In another election campaign, he told another journalist that the NHS would not exist after a full Conservative term.

It's not only his mouth that has got him into trouble. He was photographed dumping documents in a public litter bin. He somehow got away with it because they were not classified Cabinet documents. They were "just" items of constituency correspondence. Apparently anyone corresponding with their MP should accept that their correspondence might end up in a public litter bin.

+Quote this post

147 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:31 AM