BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Trump, Russians and Corruption, The Golden Years
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post 7th April 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #241
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

That would be war crimes. The Geneva Convention is still a thing

Ooooh actually. Locking him up in The Hague would get rid of him 🤔
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 7th April 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #242
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(common sense @ Apr 7 2017, 10:23 AM) *
Rightly so too. Chemical attacks on civilians cannot go unpunished. He should send ground troops in too and then sort that little idiot out in North Korea. A few missiles there would sort him out.

Yes, because it's worked so well in Iraq and Libya hasn't it?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 7th April 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #243
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I think military action is the right course of action, and I suspect Clinton would have done exactly the same too if she were President. I don't think it needs ground troops yet, but the situation with Russia and Syria is just a joke. What is the point of sanctions if Russia can just veto them.

It will be interesting to see how the situation plays out now, I guess probably more bombings and the EU getting involved too. Very interesting how the far right/left seem to be against the bombings.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 7th April 2017, 11:40 AM
Post #244
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(common sense @ Apr 7 2017, 10:23 AM) *
Rightly so too. Chemical attacks on civilians cannot go unpunished. He should send ground troops in too and then sort that little idiot out in North Korea. A few missiles there would sort him out.

because that worked out so well last time in Iraq.... ISIS anyone? half a million dead? Putin supports Assad. So USA vs Russia? That will work so well, 2 fascist nutters mad at each other.

"sort" that idiot in N Korea by dropping missiles? You mean the nutter with nuclear weapons and an itchy trigger finger right next to South Korea, democratic country?

Oh that can only turn out well too. You voted for Brexit didn't you? Obviously not thinking things through is habitual. Either that or you love to see innocent people die, which kind of goes against your first 2 sentences.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post 7th April 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #245
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,342

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 7 2017, 12:05 PM) *
I think military action is the right course of action, and I suspect Clinton would have done exactly the same too if she were President. I don't think it needs ground troops yet, but the situation with Russia and Syria is just a joke. What is the point of sanctions if Russia can just veto them.

It will be interesting to see how the situation plays out now, I guess probably more bombings and the EU getting involved too. Very interesting how the far right/left seem to be against the bombings.

I think more military action may be the only way possible now. Assad NEEDS to go.

Also the alt-right are in meltdown over this btw, they're turning against Trump. I think Trump made the right decision here, even better that he didn't feel the pressure to tell the media yesterday exactly how he would respond to the Syrian chemical weapons attack except that he would respond, well now we know.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 7th April 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #246
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 7 2017, 01:09 PM) *
I think more military action may be the only way possible now. Assad NEEDS to go.

Also the alt-right are in meltdown over this btw, they're turning against Trump. I think Trump made the right decision here, even better that he didn't feel the pressure to tell the media yesterday exactly how he would respond to the Syrian chemical weapons attack except that he would respond, well now we know.

I suspect it's because the alt-right want to use Assad to defeat ISIS. Which is absolutely terrible logic.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post 7th April 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #247
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,342

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 7 2017, 01:29 PM) *
I suspect it's because the alt-right want to use Assad to defeat ISIS. Which is absolutely terrible logic.

Spot on.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 7th April 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #248
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Destorying the base that carried out the chemical attacks was the right choice. The videos from the chemical attack are absolutely heartbreaking and anyone who uses such a thing should have that capability destroyed.

Unfortuantely, tensions with Russia will increase further and ISIS are already taking advantage of a weakening of Assad's power. Increased miltary action may be needed now. It's a big mess of a situation sadly and only ones to suffer will be the people of Syria. I really hope the situation there will be solved in the near future.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 7th April 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #249
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

I don't know enough about the Syrian conflict to make any comment on whether Trump and the US has made the right move by bombing following the chemical attacks, so I am going to do something that no person has ever done on the internet - show a bit of humility by not commenting on something I don't feel qualified to talk about. (Although Assad doesn't seem like a nice fellow).

What I do find interesting however, is the amount of cognitive dissonance that Trump's attacks on Syria have induced across everyone on the political spectrum.
- Many of the far-right/white nationalist/alt-right figureheads (Spencer, Duke, Hopkins, et al) have disavowed him for attacking Syria.
- The liberal leaning news network MSNBC has PRAISED Trump for his actions, and I've seen Tweets from Syrian refugees (highlighted by the BBC) who have also praised Trump for his actions (normally prefaced with the "I've never supported Trump, but..." disclaimer).
- Lots of countries have praised Trump's actions, including some that I hadn't expected to come to their defense (including Germany and Canada).
- the fact that America is fighting against the side that Russia are on is causing much confusion amongst those who called Trump a Putin puppet only yesterday
- All the Republicans who criticized Obama for his actions in Syria in 2013 are now seemingly fine and dandy with attacking it now (although admittedly, many of them weren't fine and dandy with it until relatively recently).

It's interesting times.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 7th April 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #250
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

well I have some theories for the wide-ranging responses to Trumps bombing.

The Alt-right are trying to spark a wave of anti-Islamic hatred, so handy to have an enemy you can dehumanise and use to drum up patriotic fervour. Trump has actually showed a bit of compassion for once (possibly through his daughter) and has so far done the sensible thing which is hit the machinery causing the atrocities rather than carpet-bomb and make it worse.

That humanises Islam, so obv the right-wing fascists loathe it.

The non-violent non-extreme countries are behind this approach because it's just about the only sensible response without escalation in the region, having failed to get the only peaceful alternative through in the UN thanks to Russia.

Russia are calling the pot black-arse, having been closely involved in causing the deaths of civilians here and elsewhere over the last 2 years, so a bit hypocritical to claim it goes against international convention. Ditto the Republicans slagging off Obama, and Trump slagging off Obama for not doing exactly what he has just done, having urged via Twitter (and with the help of the Repubs) to stop him doing that in the first place, although Obama wanted to show Assad what he would face if he didn't stop the murdering.

Trump, meanwhile, is well aware that the FBI investigations into his traitorous cabinet is about to start picking them off one by one for violations against the Constitution (the President can't do shit to stop this) and the law in general - some of them will spill their guts to avoid a harsher sentence, so there's a real risk the top brains behind it all (Hi Brannon, among several) will be going to prison before long. watergate dragged on for a year or two, I see this one running till the end of the 4 years cos there's SO much more dirt from SO many people. Trump realises he needs to try and get rid of the Russian lovin' cos that is going to come back and bite his arse sometime in the future. A bit of public opinion support may well distract what is going on politically....

+Quote this post
Brer
post 7th April 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #251
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 7 2017, 12:05 PM) *
I think military action is the right course of action, and I suspect Clinton would have done exactly the same too if she were President.

Fairly sure this was part of the reason a lot of people voted for Trump (hence why the alt-right are turning on him to some degree now, because for some reason they deluded themselves into thinking Donald 'you have to go after their families' Trump wasn't going to bomb Syria).

+Quote this post
danG
post 22nd July 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #252
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Sean Spicer resigns as press secretary Won't be missed.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 22nd July 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #253
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens

QUOTE(danG @ Jul 22 2017, 02:09 PM) *
Sean Spicer resigns as press secretary Won't be missed.

Well, perhaps by the writers of Saturday Night Live.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 22nd July 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #254
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Spicer's replacement is Anthony Scaramucci I hope he will be appointing Len Fandango as his number two.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd July 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #255
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:02 PM) *
Spicer's replacement is Anthony Scaramucci I hope he will be appointing Len Fandango as his number two.

Surely he was Christopher Lee in the man with the golden gun?

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th July 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #256
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

This might not be the right thread for this but the Republicans have officially failed to repeal Obamacare yet again, with a little help from John McCain (proving himself to be one of the more respectable Republicans after all, alongside Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski who also voted against the latest effort). As I understand it the latest bills being rejected by the Senate means if they want to try again any time in the next year they'll need 60 votes to pass it (which is simply not ever happening). Healthcare is safe from being mangled at least until the next midterm elections. Hooray.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 28th July 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #257
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

hooray to that! It's the right thread for it, as they have tried every crooked wheeler-dealing way of effectively killing poor Americans, including not even telling people elected to vote on these things what they were actually voting for.

McCain should vote that way, I wonder if the twitter-storm of criticism from previous well-wishers and comments of being a hero had an effect. First time Trump has called him a hero, for instance, which says it all.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 31st July 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #258
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:02 PM) *

Ah well, he didn't last long. This White House really is totally dysfunctional.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 8th August 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #259
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens

If you'd like, I can forward you on the address of the nearest Confessional so you can make your peace with God before the inevitable apocalyptic event that's upon us.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 8th August 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #260
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Utterly terrifying. We'd better have nothing to do with this conflict when the US goes steamrolling in.

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:35 AM