BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Logan, 02/03/17 | Hugh Jackman's last outing as Wolverine
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 23rd March 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Mar 23 2017, 12:39 AM) *
I find your criticisms odd. The plot was predictable, how so? What was predictable about showing the former superheroes on their last legs. It wasn't like the film had a happy ending either, the 2 main characters from the x-men films die.

I think it was great, it was a very well put together self contained plot, which showed a very different side to the superhero franchise. A darker side, a vulnerable side. It didn't end with the good guys saving the world, it ended with 2 guys who knew their time was up using what time they had left to help a few kids. It all might have been in vein, the film lets you decide that but it wasn't either going out in a blaze of glory but merely giving hope to the children.

I guessed pretty much what was going to happen throughout, maybe I've seen too many movies laugh.gif

The dark tone made it fairly clear it was going to be a Last Stand, but setting it in the future, of course, means that they can totally ignore it and any subsequent franchise Marvel movies are free to change that future (which then makes it pointless to me). I find it hard to believe that 2 of Marvel's key superheroes (plus every other superhero XMen and otherwise who is listed "dead") are going to stay "dead" even if it means new actors taking on the role, so I couldn't get emotionally involved in the plotline which is obviously just me! Great performances though, especially Patrick Stewart.

It's a sort of "Alternate Future" just like the ones in several of the previous movies which also didn't happen, as per the last X-Men.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd March 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I'm pretty sure Wolverine will be retired from X-men films from now on, no one will take Hugh's place and him dying in his last film was surely a sign to put Wolverine to bed.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 23rd March 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Him dying didn't stop him being in the comics still though. With all the alternate universes out there I'm sure Wolverine will be back.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 23rd March 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #24
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Mar 23 2017, 05:48 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Wolverine will be retired from X-men films from now on, no one will take Hugh's place and him dying in his last film was surely a sign to put Wolverine to bed.

There is no way that happens. Wolverine is as iconic as Batman/Spiderman/Superman.

He will be back on screen within the next couple of years with a different actor. With the X-Men franchise they have a real opportunity to cast someone else in the role in the next film. The danger of course he will be compared to Hugh Jackman.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 23rd March 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Wolverine could return in the next X-Men movie quite easily if the character was due for a comeback cameo role, as the setting will be in the 80s, Logan is set in the future, sadly Hugh Jackman won't be reprising his role though.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd March 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I just cant imagine anyone else in the role. It is not like the role has been shared like Professor X etc as Wolverine didn't age properly so Hugh has been in every film bar Deadpool.

The casting would have to be amazing not to get a backlash from fans.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 07:14 PM