BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Made Inc. The A.M., Off-topic, general chat...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jan 16 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #21
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

What a brilliant article. Glad to see one praising them instead of moaning about them or sensationalising something for once.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jan 25 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #22
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Sixteen-year-old Magdalena Szablinska ran a popular fan account dedicated to the boy band, with fellow fans flooding Twitter with tributes to her.

A teenage One Direction fan has collapsed and died outside her school, prompting hundreds of tributes from fellow "Directioners".

Sixteen-year-old Magdalena Szablinska suffered a cardiac arrest as she stood at a bus stop outside St Mark's Catholic School in Hounslow, London.

Despite doctors desperate efforts they were unable to save her, leaving her parents struggling to come to terms with the death of their "angel".

Her dad Tadeusz told the Evening Standard: “We are trying to come to terms with this. She was an angel and everybody has said so. So many people have contacted us to pay their respects, she was so loved.

“She liked One Direction and had so many friends on Facebook, she loved school and was very popular and doing very well, she was our star.”

Magdalena, known as Magda, had had her photograph taken with One Direction dozens of times, and ran a Twitter fan account called @1DCrew, amassing nearly 10,000 followers.

Following her tragic death, many of them paid tribute to her using the hashtag #RIPMagda.

Messages included: "#RIPMagda You were a truly dedicated Directioner. Now you have earned your wings and can watch over our boys."

Another said: "#RIPMagda I still can't believe that they are no longer here. She was so beautiful! I will never forget her! I'm broken by this."

The Evening Standard also reported Magda's headteacher Paul Enright had been to visit her parents at their Hayes home last night to deliver the results from her mock AS Level exams.

The bright student scored A grades, despite being unable to speak English when she first arrived in London from Poland eight years ago.

Mr Enright said: "She was a really special girl, so full of life and good humour. She was a bright girl and picked up English very quickly. We were expecting her to get very good A level grades. She had tremendous potential.

“She was always looking out for her friends and was a role model for other students. Any young death is a tragedy but this has been particularly sad for the community.”

What a massive shame. sad.gif My thoughts are with her family, and I'm glad she got the opportunity to meet Harry!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 12 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #23
nabad

Although just rumoured before and played down (kind of), Simon has said there are going to be talks of a One Direction TV show (reality or not?):

One Direction could be following in the footsteps of The Wanted and The Saturdays and getting their own reality show, Simon Cowell has revealed.

However, The X Factor mastermind says their upcoming fourth studio album remains the priority.

Speaking at Britain’s Got Talent auditions in London today, Cowell, 54, said: ‘I think there’s something in the works, a possible TV show. We’re going to be talking about that in the next couple of weeks.

‘They’re always busy these guys. But the important bit is they’ve got a new album out this year.’

I think this could be great, and whatever channel it's going to be on will surely give them some record-breaking ratings! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Feb 13 2014, 06:29 PM
Post #24
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

WHO HAS BEEN IN MY DREAMS???

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 13 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #25
nabad

Apparently that's fake kink.gif but it's sooo LOVELY either way (laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Feb 13 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #26

Of course it's a fake! laugh.gif I think if it was real the internet would literally have been broken by teenage girls and the gays!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 16 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #27
nabad

One Direction more confident with fame

One Direction have developed people skills since becoming famous pop stars.

The 'Little Things' hitmakers - consisting of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson - are currently the biggest boy band in the world and they think their confidence has soared since they took part in 'The X Factor' in 2010.

Liam, 20 said: ''I think for me - and for you, Zayn - we weren't that confident and because you have to talk to so many people it gives you so many more people skills. When I used to go to family parties as a kid I couldn't hold a conversation. Even with my own uncle. So it's nice that I've now got those skills.''

Zayn, 21, added: ''It's really built our confidence and our social skills. We do find it a bit easier to carry ourselves and speak to people - it's cool.''

However, Niall and Harry, both 20, have joked that it's all ''downhill'' for them now because they've reached their twenties and have started coming into their own.
Niall said: ''Like getting on stage - last year alone we did over 100 shows. So that helps with confidence. But I think we've all become our own people now because we're at that age where we're all turning 20 and we are who we are now, I guess.''

Harry added to We Love Pop magazine: ''We're over the hill, he's trying to say. It's all downhill from here!''

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Feb 16 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #28
baddest of them all
Member No.: 6,764

LOOK AT LIAM IN THAT PIC OMFG

He's so brown

And gorgeous

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 16 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #29
nabad

It's all about Zayn

(u should start commenting on how perfect Zayn is Kath x)

This post has been edited by Calum Sandé: Feb 16 2014, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Feb 16 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #30
baddest of them all
Member No.: 6,764

I'm quite surprised at what Liam said tho, he comes across as super confident, the most confident in the group for me personally. I'd have never thought that although Niall is quite a chatterbox I've noticed.

If only I had met Liam before X Factor, I would have gave him all the skills and confidence he needed

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 16 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #31
nabad

QUOTE(• K♡TH @ Feb 16 2014, 07:35 PM) *
I'm quite surprised at what Liam said tho, he comes across as super confident, the most confident in the group for me personally. I'd have never thought that although Niall is quite a chatterbox I've noticed.

If only I had met Liam before X Factor, I would have gave him all the skills and confidence he needed

something like that for the latter?! ohmy.gif

I do agree that behind Harry he seems like the most confident! Niall and Zayn give off shy vibes (which ofc myself and Jáhq can help with any time kink.gif x)

This post has been edited by Calum Sandé: Feb 20 2014, 07:36 AM

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 20 2014, 07:37 AM
Post #32
nabad

The Metro have an article about what was said at the BRITs by the boys last night, seemingly twisting it to make out as if there's friction among them:

Liam Payne has pretty much confirmed that all is not well in the One Direction camp.

Niall alluded to the fact that things may not be going swimmingly for the boys when he revealed on Twitter that the fivesome hadn’t been ‘together for a while’ earlier in the day. However, it was Liam who really twisted the knife in when he admitted that they’d not seen each other in THREE MONTHS before today.

Speaking to James Corden at the bash, Liam, 20, said this evening’s event was ’the first time we’ve seen each other in about three months.’

Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis are due to kick of their Where We Are stadium tour in South America in April.

FGS, they were just on an extended break seeing their family, etc. drama.gif

+Quote Post
G R I F F
post Feb 20 2014, 09:10 AM
Post #33
Guests

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there are rifts between the band. Harry seems slightly detached from the rest of the band. I think he'll leave before the band splits up.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Feb 20 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Even the very very best of friends needs time away, so them not seeing each other is very natural, i bet they had contact with each other in that time frame whether it be phone or text.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 20 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #35
nabad

It wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't spoken at all during the break! They hadn't seen their families, friends, etc for months because of the schedule and to finally get the time to go out and embrace being able to do all that before beginning the cycle again will have been lovely! I can't say I noticed any tension at all among them last night and they all seemed in touch with each other (Harry didn't seem distant from the others unsure.gif).

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 24 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #36
nabad

What an amazing article this is *.*

Who hasn't heard of One Direction?

Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson make up one of the biggest bands on the planet.

At the 2014 Brits they took home the award for 'Global Success'.

The boys also bagged the British Artist Video of the Year award which was voted for by fans on Twitter during the show.

More proof of the fan power of the countless 'Directioners' and of the band's international superstardom - but what is it that makes them so successful?

Money matters

The Global Success Award is presented to the act with the highest international sales - minus UK sales - achieved during the year.

This means they have a huge following outside of their home countries - the UK and Ireland - and this isn't an easy thing to do.

They're huge in America which is an incredible boost for sales; according to Nick Gatfield, the chairman and chief executive of Sony Music Entertainment UK, One Direction represented a $50 million business by June 2012. and it's since been reported the band will hit the one billion dollar mark in 2014!

Sinead Garvan from BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat says One Direction have lots of ways to make money.

She says: "They have fans of the generation that will actually buy albums. They do extensive tours which are already sold out so that will make them a lot of money. But also merchandise, these are a band who have their own fragrances, posters - anything with One Direction on, you can buy it."

In April 2013 the band made the Sunday Times Rich List, and according to that they each had an estimated combined wealth of £25 million ($41.2m), making them the second wealthiest musicians in the UK under 30 years old (topped only by Adele).

After the release of Midnight Memories, One Direction became the first band in US Billboard 200 history to have their first three albums debut at number one.

Superstar support

The boys famously formed after taking part in The X Factor in 2010; they were grouped together during the competition and went on to finish third.

But that didn't stop Simon Cowell - who owns part of the company behind the show - snapping them up with a record deal.

From there, they shot to superstardom; their three albums, Up All Night, Take Me Home and Midnight Memories have broken several records and topped the charts of most major markets.

Music industry critics say their success is largely down to being backed by Simon Cowell and a powerful record label, as well as using social media to stir up a huge fan base.

One 'Directioners'

One Directioners are nearly as famous as the band itself; that's the nickname given to loyal 1D fans, and in a previous interview Twitter's head of entertainment for the UK, Sunil Singhvi said: "It was the UK fans' excitement about One Direction that really got them started."

He added: "The fans' ability, via Twitter, to tell Europeans about One Direction really catapulted them there, then from Europe to America, and now it's a global phenomenon."

The boys are keen tweeters and their management say they do all their own tweeting, using the social networking site to give behind-the-scenes glimpses of their lives.

After the 2014 Brit Awards the group posted a message saying: "Wow - we're still thinking about just how incredible 1D fans really are!"

Staying popular

Radio 1 Newsbeat's entertainment report Chi Chi Izundu says: "record sales in the UK would suggest it's on the decline (not by a huge amount) but still popular around the world."

She added: "The shelf life of an X Factor band is normally only 3 years - so they've already surpassed that."

Harry Styles famously said in an interview: "we all sat and watched the film of The Beatles arriving in America. And, to be honest, that really was like us...."

"...Stepping off the plane, the girls, the madness. It was exactly the same as when we got there - just 50 years earlier."

Speaking to Top of the Pops Magazine, the musician added: "None of us think we're in the same league as them music-wise. We'd be total fools if we did.

"Fame-wise, it's probably even bigger, but we don't stand anywhere near them in terms of music."

...a little bit of luck

And, of course, 1D's success is down to a little bit of luck.

Just think - what if one of them hadn't entered that series of the X-Factor? What if the judges hadn't noticed their potential? What if Harry had lost his voice on the day of his first audition? Well then, the biggest boyband in the UK...might never have been!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 25 2014, 12:39 AM
Post #37
nabad

A One Direction tribute band are being paid to travel around the world to perform for fans – even though they look nothing like the boys.

Matt Brinkler, 24, Henry Allan, 23, Jamie Searls, 23, Aaron Foster, 23, and David Ribi, 22, call themselves Only One Direction although they bear little resemblance to the real boyband.

That hasn’t stopped them earning thousands of pounds from tours, birthday parties and festival appearances where fans often storm the stage.

The band play a one-hour set, filled full of hits, after learning all of the band’s songs.

David, who sings as Niall, told The Daily Star: ‘I think the best way to describe it is to say it’s like being in a flash mob.

shares Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Is this the worst One Direction lookalike band ever?Erm… so who’s supposed to be Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson? (Picture: Caters)
A One Direction tribute band are being paid to travel around the world to perform for fans – even though they look nothing like the boys.

Matt Brinkler, 24, Henry Allan, 23, Jamie Searls, 23, Aaron Foster, 23, and David Ribi, 22, call themselves Only One Direction although they bear little resemblance to the real boyband.

That hasn’t stopped them earning thousands of pounds from tours, birthday parties and festival appearances where fans often storm the stage.

The band play a one-hour set, filled full of hits, after learning all of the band’s songs.

David, who sings as Niall, told The Daily Star: ‘I think the best way to describe it is to say it’s like being in a flash mob.

‘There’s all this greatness and craziness when you’re on stage and then as soon as you’ve done the meet and greet afterwards – everything goes back to normal.

‘It’s like you’re famous for a little while and you get the buzz of being on stage – but none of the stresses and pressure – you can just walk down the street like a normal guy.’

Aaron, who stands in for Liam Payne, added: ‘The reaction of people when we perform is crazy.

‘It’s mental – when there are girls crying, they want you to touch their hands and sign their skin – its a really surreal experience.’

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Feb 25 2014, 12:41 AM
Post #38
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

L
M
A
O

I actually cannot.

+Quote Post
Calum
post Feb 25 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #39
nabad

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Feb 25 2014, 12:41 AM) *
L
M
A
O

I actually cannot.

kink.gif

The boys have also been nominated for two Kids' Choice Awards - Favourite Music Group and Favourite Song (for 'Story of My Life'). Pretty obvious they'll win (no?) cheer.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Feb 25 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #40

Why does the 'Liam' have blonde hair?? And I don't think I've ever seen Louis wear DEL BOY'S HAT.

I can't believe they're all roughly my age, they look so OLD.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:11 PM