BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Grey's Anatomy
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
▲▲▲
post 31st May 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #21
Group icon
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
User: 155

QUOTE(David John @ May 31 2011, 10:30 AM) *
I was a bit mixed on the finale this year. Apart of me expected a tense one like last year but it's without a doubt left doors open for season 8 and i have enjoyed the increase in Meredith's character development who wasn't a huge focus until the last 8 episodes. I think they cut down the actresses screen time in early season 7 episodes.

Apparently they're going to focus on the original characters next season because it's probably Meredith and Derek's final one. Ellen wants to be with her family (snooze) and Patrick wants to devote more time to films (snooze). They were never going to top the finale last year obviously but this one was so dull - no surprise there.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post 31st May 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,344

QUOTE(▲▲▲ @ May 31 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Apparently they're going to focus on the original characters next season because it's probably Meredith and Derek's final one.

Surely the show will finish then? After all, it's is called Grey's Anatomy and is based around Ellen's character. It would seem a bit silly to keep dragging it out when the title character has left the show.

+Quote this post
▲▲▲
post 31st May 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #23
Group icon
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
User: 155

QUOTE(LϴVETT @ May 31 2011, 11:33 AM) *
Surely the show will finish then? After all, it's is called Grey's Anatomy and is based around Ellen's character. It would seem a bit silly to keep dragging it out when the title character has left the show.

Ellen has given Lexie "her blessing" to become the new Grey. They'll probably go down the ER direction.

+Quote this post
David John
post 31st May 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,566

Oh i hope that isn't the case. If its true, i hope Season 8 is the last then. Meredith and Derek have been the glue that holds the show together. A huge centre piece. That would be like continuing Friends without Ross and Rachel.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 31st May 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

There's no way this show can pull it off without Mer and Der, especially Meredith. She's the glue of the show. With both of them out, there's just no point anymore. No one cares about Lexie, Teddy, Owen, Arizona, Mark, April or Avery enough to keep watching the show for them.

+Quote this post
David John
post 31st May 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Although really Season 8 should be the last. If anyone remembers that in the first episode, the chief said that they would be spending seven years in the doctor's program they are in. Season 1 wasn't set in a full year as it was the shortest season.

Would make sense to end there and allow us to see where each's characters career's led to.

This post has been edited by David John: 31st May 2011, 02:50 PM

+Quote this post
jark
post 31st May 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #27
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Maybe Christina could get her OWN SPIN OFF. *dreams*

+Quote this post
David John
post 1st June 2011, 07:00 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Its been confirmed Patrick dempsey is leaving after Season 8

In a way i don't blame him, he has been doing the show for a very long time. 8 years is a long time. I do hope Season 8 is the very last now.

Patrick Dempsey To Leave Anatomy

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 1st June 2011, 07:13 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

QUOTE(JΛRK @ May 31 2011, 03:57 PM) *
Maybe Christina could get her OWN SPIN OFF. *dreams*

If only.

Cristina is the main reason I watch the show.

Really hope Meredith stays too as I don't want it to end just yet!

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 1st June 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon

Well Ellen did say she was gonna leave after her contract is up (Season 8) http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a320...eave-greys.html

+Quote this post
jark
post 3rd June 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #31
Group icon

So three seasons in and I've literally only just realised that when Derek talks about ferry boats he's not talking about 'fairy boats'. I've spent so long wondering what the hell a fairy boat was and why a heterosexual man would be interested in them. Even with the many scenes which have taken place on the ferry boat I didn't put 2+2 together. It wasn't until Mark Sloane said it that I realised. Gah.

+Quote this post
jark
post 9th June 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #32
Group icon

The season 3 finale was amazing! Quite understated actually and it takes a bit of getting used to think that Burke won't be in it again but they had been building up to that nicely without ever making it too obvious what would happen.

Other thoughts... Thatcher is a bast*rd. I bloody hate him. Mixed first (brief) impressions of Lexie. Callie has been really bloody annoying all season, constantly making George jump through hoops and then only starting to treat him like her equal when it was already too late with regards to him and Izzie. I loved Alex's strange little relationship with Rebecca/Ava even though it was totally implausible that she'd be stunningly beautiful after that horrific accident and so much reconstructive surgery, haha. Such a shame he didn't get to tell her how he really felt.

But most of all I'm SAD. Sad because Dr Addison Forbes Montgomery is leaving and I'm going to have to watch the obviously-quite-crap Private Practive just to get my fix of her. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. Have to say though, a bit miffed that she didn't even get a proper goodbye scene with Derek, or even that beast Sloan?!

+Quote this post
David John
post 10th June 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Actually they weren't building up to Burke's departure because he was fired at the last minute. But if you didn't know that, i can see why you would think that

Looking back, Callie was a rather meh character. It's by Season 5 where she became a likeable character. Mainly because of the character change they did to her.

+Quote this post
jark
post 10th June 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #34
Group icon

Yeah I did actually know about Isaiah Washington being fired but it felt like they were building up to some sort of obstruction getting in the way of the wedding what with Burke being so much more enthused about it than Cristina. Paving the way for the exit of a main character in the space of one episode is tough but I think they did a reasonable job. It was lovely but sad that Cristina knew he'd gone because his trumpet and record collection were gone too.

+Quote this post
David John
post 10th June 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Burke's departure was a big one for the show i felt personally. I would love to know what could of gone on if he had stayed on. I think him staying wouldn't of allowed Character development for Christina as her character was so focussed on him for three seasons.

+Quote this post
jark
post 30th June 2011, 12:08 AM
Post #36
Group icon

I'm surprised to say that season four is surprising me as it's going on... the last few episodes have been as strong as or stronger than anything in season three. I'm three from the end now and loving the direction it's taking. Biggest surprise for me is Erica Hahn... I absolutely cannot get enough of the woman. She's my favourite character type, strong and vulnerable. Love her. I'm seething that she only lasts one season.

+Quote this post
David John
post 30th June 2011, 06:49 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I loved Erica. There was slight controversey when they sacked her. They Network didn't like her character and where it was going with Callie. Of course, it made way for Arizona.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 30th June 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I'm still waiting for my SODDING BIRTHDAY PRESENT of Seasons 2,3,4 and 5 to arrive. Not amused in the slightest.

+Quote this post
jark
post 30th June 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #39
Group icon

Oh my god. You'd better do a proper MARATHON Phil.

Season 4 character rate, just because:

08.5 Alex Karev
08.5 Callie Torres
10.0 Cristina Yang
09.5 Derek Shepherd
10.0 Erica Hahn
07.0 George O'Malley
08.5 Izzie Stevens
08.5 Lexie Grey
09.0 Mark Sloan
10.0 Meredith Grey - total fucking hero
10.0 Miranda Bailey
09.0 Richard Webber

Izzie is beginning to feel like a spare part, George was destroyed by the Callie pairing and the Izzie thing did nothing for either of them but every other character is becoming greater with each season. Callie has benefitted so much from not being stuck with mopey loser George it's unbelievable. Her chemistry with Erica is ridiculous.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 1st July 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #40
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon

I hated Hahn so much, terrible character.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:18 PM