BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum search function question
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Leon T
post Feb 10 2020, 12:23 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 102,006
   No Gallery Pics

Hey everyone,
How can I search all forums for a keyword at once? When I click on a forum such as POP, I can see the search box at the bottom, but that only lets me search that forum. Is there a search box that searches all forums at once? Also, I'm getting this message that I have to wait 40 seconds before I'm able to do another search. Is that how it is normally?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
m
post Feb 10 2020, 01:12 AM
Post #2
I asked for my account to be banned
Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Hey, welcome! If you go to Member Tools (up at the top, a little to your right), then More Search Options. That should do it for you, do say how you got on happy.gif

The 40 second waiting period doesn't happen every time but it's quite frequent.

+Quote Post
Leon T
post Feb 10 2020, 02:14 AM
Post #3
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(m @ Feb 9 2020, 05:12 PM) *
Hey, welcome! If you go to Member Tools (up at the top, a little to your right), then More Search Options. That should do it for you, do say how you got on happy.gif

The 40 second waiting period doesn't happen every time but it's quite frequent.

Ah! Thanks for the tip! How did I get on this forum? I was searching music charts to get more familiar with the latest greatest and this forum came up in Google. I'm a full time musician, but a bit disconnected with pop culture, so I'm here to benefit from this type of information.

Is there a particular forum for musician members here? Would that be the LOUNGE?

+Quote Post
m
post Feb 10 2020, 02:20 AM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Leon T @ Feb 10 2020, 02:14 AM) *
Is there a particular forum for musician members here? Would that be the LOUNGE?

There isn't - it comes up as a suggestion sometimes that maybe we should have a personal creativity section on the forum. I guess the Lounge can work for things like that sometimes but not always. Did you have anything in particular in mind you wanted to share?

+Quote Post
Leon T
post Feb 10 2020, 03:01 AM
Post #5
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(m @ Feb 9 2020, 06:20 PM) *
There isn't - it comes up as a suggestion sometimes that maybe we should have a personal creativity section on the forum. I guess the Lounge can work for things like that sometimes but not always. Did you have anything in particular in mind you wanted to share?

Since most members around here have a passion for music, it'd be nice to have a dedicated forum to see their own personal output if they're musician type. Example: There's so much talk about Bille Eilish and so on and so forth. I have my own opinions about her songs, but I also like to take a song and twist it in a different way. I just tried to post an example link, but apparently I'm not allowed to post links just yet.

If you had a dedicated musician forum, we could share our own creative musical attempts I guess. It's just a suggestion of course. Maybe this is the wrong place for that type of activity. Thanks

+Quote Post
m
post Feb 10 2020, 03:11 AM
Post #6
   No Gallery Pics

Like I said, suggestions like that have been brought up before. I'm not sure if I was ever vocal about it myself but I do remember wondering that maybe there should be a general creativity forum here, where people can post their stuff and get feedback, maybe ideas for collaborations etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:44 AM