BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter's Lucky 13th Top 40 so far this month, run, hide, byebye // + writeup and track links
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Nov 10 2016, 03:23 PM
Post #1
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Sabrina Carpenter continues her unlikely #1 run this week as Run and Hide holds the top spot for the second week running. Ms. Carpenter joins Tove Lo and Youngr in notching up a consecutive double-runner at the top; an exclusive club out of the 10 #1s since July this year. Just below her, Clean Bandit and co ascend to #2 with Rockabye, a much stranger title but much better song than lead single Tears featuring Louisa Johnson, from earlier this year. Johnson’s own follow-up, So Good, is stalling a little in the charts – Simon Cowell won’t be happy! Elsewhere in the top 5, only new entry this week is Lucian and Beth Duck’s Calm Waters – up from #12. Highest new entry in the chart proper this week comes from Shura at #22, followed closely by another Empire album track (There’s No Need, #24) and finally a second entry for Gaga from latest effort Joanne, following lead single Perfect Illusion. That reached a #2 peak almost by default; only time will tell how John Wayne (debuting as this week’s #25) will match up. Also in this week's top 10, leaps for Jones, OneRepublic and Zara Larsson, while Empire of the Sun become the latest act to double-up there, thanks to the release and my recent purchase of their comeback album Two Vines. This is only the beginning...

More on that all in the next post, for now, here’s the full top 40 for up to the first week of November:

01 Sabrina Carpenter - Run and Hide[1-1]
02 Clean Bandit, Sean Paul, Anne-Marie - Rockabye [9-2]
03 Empire of the Sun - To Her Door [3-1-3-3]
04 Hayley Kiyoko - Gravel to Tempo [17-7-2-4]
05 Lucian ft. Beth Duck - Calm Waters [12-5]
06 M0 - Drum [5-4-6]
07 Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault [14-7]
08 Jones - Wild [34-22-12-10-8]
09 OneRepublic - Kids [13-9]
10 Empire of the Sun - Way To Go [40-10]
11 Kaiser Chiefs - Why Do You Do It To Me? [38-13-7-11]
12 George Maple - Lover [7-4-5-12]
13 Inna - Say It With Your Body [21-13]
14 Ren Phillips x Wide Awake - Blue Ruin [25-14]
15 Ritual - Bottle Tops [19-8-8-15]
16 Anne-Marie - Boy [28-16]
17 Tove Lo - True Disaster [35-17]
18 Girl Blue - Fire Under Water [40-29-16-18]
19 Two Door Cinema Club - Lavender [23-19]
20 Alicia Keys ft. A$AP Rocky - Blended Family [24-20-15-20]
21 Chainsmokers ft. ROZES - Roses [37-21]
22 Shura - What's It Gonna Be? [N]
23 Lil Debbie - Wiggle [35-26-23]
24 Empire of the Sun - There's No Need [N]
25 Lady Gaga - John Wayne [N]
26 Frenship ft. Emily Warren - Capsize [33-X4-26]
27 Jonas Blue ft. Raye - By Your Side [N]
28 Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber, M0 - Cold Water [10-11-X10-28]
29 AlunaGeorge - Mediator [39-15-9-15-X3-29]
30 Lucas Nord ft. Naomi Pilgrim - Do About It [14-15-18-30]
31 Kid Froopy - bb (four missed texts) [38-X2-33-31]
32 Feeder - Eyes to the Sky [27-18-22-32]
33 The Veronicas - On Your Side [38-33]
34 Sia ft. Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest [22-5-3-2-9-20-34]
35 Kreayshawn - The Ruler [39-35]
36 HyunA - How's This? [11-8-16-X5-36]
37 Wide Awake ft. Lovelle - Young God [32-24-37]
38 Sleigh Bells - I Can Only Stare [30-38]
39 Kungs - I Feel So Bad [N]
40 Cakes Da Killa x Peaches - Up Out My Face [N]

#1s this year:
AlunaGeorge - Mean What I Mean (1)
Britney Spears - Make Me (1)
Tove Lo - Cool Girl (2)
Clean Bandit ft. Louisa Johnson - Tears (1)
Dev ft. Nef the Pharaoh - #1 (1)
Empire Of The Sun - High And Low (1)
YoungR - Out Of My System (2)
Noonie Bao - Reminds Me (1)
Empire Of The Sun - To Her Door (1)
Sabrina Carpenter – Run and Hide (~)

Spotify Link to the playlist in full this week: click right here

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Nov 10 2016, 08:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Nov 10 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

Selected links this week:

A long-runner on my charts already for several weeks, Jones finally has a linkable version of Wild, the second track of that name to score highly for me this year following Troye Sivan's. Sadly the studio version isn't up on youtube yet, but have a listen to it on the playlist linked in my original post. Jones has been active for at least two years and earlier this year appeared on Honne's album, as well as recently releasing her own.

Wide Awake's second appearance on the chart this year and also this month. A nice remix that brings life and a degree of edge to Ren Phillips' original track featuring Namuli. I came across it on Spotify via looking up what else the artist Wide Awake had featured on following his last chart entry, Young God with Lovelle. Dubsteppy.

Shura's sweet LGBT love teen movie themed video has a poignance this week after Mr. Trump's election. I've been a Shura fan for about a year by now after first coming across her on 2Shy and Mura Masa's Love For That, but until recently was unaware she was also a new LGBT icon. A nice surprise for a group of people I'm always happy to see more representation of due to the sector I work in. Shura's most recent entry comes in at this week's #22.

Lady Gaga. Country. What more can be said?

Jonas Blue's latest effort featuring Raye. Not quite to the euphoric height of Perfect Strangers, but inoffensive, and currently hammered on Spotify ads and at my office, which helps boost it into its chart debut this week at #27. Only a preview of it on youtube right now will be helping boost its streams and purchases too. Good strategy!

And its a tactic also used by The Veronicas, only releasing a snippet of new single On Your Side. It's the third or so track from the comeback the Australian duo have mounted over the last year and a bit, after a gap of nearly ten years since their biggest UK chart success, Untouched. I can see this one doing well at least on Buzzjack, if not in the official charts. Comes in at #33 this week.

Kungs' bid not to be a one-hit (#2, no less) wonder comes with follow-up to This Girl, I Feel So Bad featuring Ephemerals. The producer is envy-causingly young for the level of success he's seen so far, and this looks to be a second official hit on the horizon - although with maybe a slightly strange sound for winter. It's already gone top 10 in France. Sneaks in this week at #39 on my chart.

And a slightly random one to close us off this week. I'm a big Peaches fan - she appeals to my liking of the badass and the bizarre all in one. Still slightly irritated I missed her tour this time last year. Here she is with Cakes da Killa on an appropriately for the title, in your face track. Very club-worthy.

Until next week, thaaat's all folks!

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Nov 12 2016, 02:27 PM

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 10 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #3
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Jupiter

Great to see Rockabye climbing music.gif

Nice to see What's It Gonna Be & By Your Side enter as well music.gif

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Nov 12 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

Cheers Pete! Links for this week now up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:50 PM