BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ed Sheeran to release two more tracks this week!, (source: Joe)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
mdh
post Feb 21 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks to Joe for posting this in the BRITs thread. Go to that thread if you want to see the original post instead of me just regurgitating what Joe said.

Ed Sheeran is releasing two more tracks this Friday (24th February) - surely with the intention of occupying the entire UK top 5? One of the songs is getting a conventional release on Friday, and the other, supposedly a 'big collab' he's been 'trying not to reveal' is being premiered at the BRITs tomorrow evening, and getting an official release on Friday. He told Radio 1 this

He's looking likely to occupy the entire top 3 this week, and it doesn't seem unlikely that he'll take up the whole top 5 next week - on the day of his album release.

Opinions on this? Has Ed Sheeran ruined music? Has he saved the charts by injecting a welcome burst of phre$hness? Discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 21 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

By releasing tracks from his album he's not doing anything different than any other artist with an album coming out. He's popular, people like his music and so he will do well in the charts.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Feb 21 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Feb 21 2017, 12:20 PM) *
By releasing tracks from his album he's not doing anything different than any other artist with an album coming out. He's popular, people like his music and so he will do well in the charts.

Still, as a chart fan, it's really interesting to see his domination and definitely worthy of a thread.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 21 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Greedy. Me me me me me at the expense of lesser artists. Bad enough to get a deluge of album tracks by huge artists taking over the singles chart with a new album, but to deliberately plot it in advance is taking the michael.

Here's hoping the streaming/advance downloading really hit the album sales and backfires... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Feb 21 2017, 12:23 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

Sure it generates interest in the charts
Makes us all speculate what will happen
So sure is positive

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Feb 21 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #6
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

This isn't surprising tbh, he did about 7 instant grats from the last album, not including Sing :') I'm very interested in this collaboration though, I expect it's a huge name if he's kept it so secret, surely a #1 contender next week?

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Feb 21 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I kinda knew he was gonna do something like that
So the 2 Fri tracks
Are not Grats
But singles??

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Feb 21 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Bjork @ Feb 21 2017, 12:25 PM) *
I kinda knew he was gonna do something like that
So the 2 Fri tracks
Are not Grats
But singles??

No I expect they'll just be two more grats!

+Quote Post
Herbs
post Feb 21 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 214

Damien Rice duet please!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 21 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #10
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Exactly, I really don't think he's consciously trying to occupy the whole chart in order to ruin it for people who enjoy the charts and smaller artists... As Lewis said, loads of artists do this it's just that Ed is so popular he could release an interlude as an instant grat and it would probably go top 5 at least! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Feb 21 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Damien might be Eds hero
But hes not an A name
And doubt he'd agree
Hes pretty much off radar
And against charts and labels

+Quote Post
Seinfeld
post Feb 21 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #12
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
Member No.: 10,505
   No Gallery Pics

So bored of the Ed Sheeran dominance already. Unfortunately, we're going to have to get used to it. sleep.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Feb 21 2017, 12:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 21 2017, 12:31 PM) *
Exactly, I really don't think he's consciously trying to occupy the whole chart in order to ruin it for people who enjoy the charts and smaller artists... As Lewis said, loads of artists do this it's just that Ed is so popular he could release an interlude as an instant grat and it would probably go top 5 at least! laugh.gif

Absolutely this! He's not exempt from using the same techniques as other artists simply because he's way bigger than them and will clog up the top 10 laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Robbie
post Feb 21 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 366
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ Feb 21 2017, 12:16 PM) *
Thanks to Joe for posting this in the BRITs thread. Go to that thread if you want to see the original post instead of me just regurgitating what Joe said.

Ed Sheeran is releasing two more tracks this Friday (24th February) - surely with the intention of occupying the entire UK top 5? One of the songs is getting a conventional release on Friday, and the other, supposedly a 'big collab' he's been 'trying not to reveal' is being premiered at the BRITs tomorrow evening, and getting an official release on Friday. He told Radio 1 this

He's looking likely to occupy the entire top 3 this week, and it doesn't seem unlikely that he'll take up the whole top 5 next week - on the day of his album release.

Opinions on this? Has Ed Sheeran ruined music? Has he saved the charts by injecting a welcome burst of phre$hness? Discuss.
I like it! At least he's bringing some life back to the singles charts. Far better he releases a new single or two than the same records hanging around forever and a day. Plus it will help his streaming sales for his album due to the way the chart rules work...

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Feb 21 2017, 12:48 PM
Post #15
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

Ed Sheeran feat. Rihanna, Stay pt. 2 is coming music.gif

+Quote Post
Mangø
post Feb 21 2017, 12:48 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 151

I like that he's getting people more interested in the chart again, but I dislike the dominance of a single artist in the Top 10, it kinda ruins it for me.

I know he's absolutely huge right now but if he's not careful this could all backfire and people could end up becoming sick of him.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Feb 21 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #17
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Robbie @ Feb 21 2017, 12:46 PM) *
I like it! At least he's bringing some life back to the singles charts. Far better he releases a new single or two than the same records hanging around forever and a day. Plus it will help his streaming sales for his album due to the way the chart rules work...

I agree with you that it is great to see artists releasing new music - however it does eventually lead to a pile-up/traffic jam of tracks by the same artist in the Top 10 (see: Justin Bieber in 2015/16), and then perhaps growing resentment due to the over-saturation of a particular artist.

The problem is the music industry is focussed around a small number of artists who deliver the astronomical sales that prop up the rest of the market.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Feb 21 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #18
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, it would freshen up the charts, but so did the One Dance/Too Good/Controlla trio when they were first released heehee.gif

This post has been edited by PeteFromLeeds: Feb 21 2017, 12:56 PM

+Quote Post
mdh
post Feb 21 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I'm glad of it to be honest. It's a fair game, anybody can release a song at any point and who can blame Ed and his team for capitalising on the charts being easy to crack in their case. It's good for us too, high new entries are a rare thing these days so I welcome any opportinity for a fresh chart.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 21 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #20
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Tbh it's more the sheepish nature of society to blame, hype can sell anything. Ed is just one of those artists who gets instant hype and everyone is streaming his stuff straight away, it's a shame that other artists don't get that but that's how it is.

QUOTE(Atonement @ Feb 21 2017, 12:48 PM) *
Ed Sheeran feat. Rihanna, Stay pt. 2 is coming music.gif

Omg this would make my life *.*

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:59 AM