BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', First official spin off!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Apr 6 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Trailer debuts tomorrow!

Exciting!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post Apr 7 2016, 12:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
This already looks better than Episode VII.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Apr 7 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Omg I did a weep of joy seeing Genevieve O'Reilly standing there after all the stuff she film for Episode 3 got cut. Looks amazing.

+Quote this post
jark
post Apr 7 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #4
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
What a very underwhelming trailer. So many of the lines just fall flat. Felicity Jones does not look convincingly "rebellious".

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Aug 12 2016, 09:20 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
Hi

Reason for edit: Corrected the code

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 12 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I saw this while watching the Olympics, I'm SO HYPED

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Oct 13 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I know Star Wars isn't just about lightsabers, jedis and the Force but I'm really struggling to get hyped for this much when some of my favourite Star Wars components are missing. I'm sure it'll be a good movie but the spaceship action scenes have never been that exciting for me so the action in this is coming off a little boring for me. I love the beach/palm tree area setting loads but it doesn't seem like much of the movie is going to be set ther really. Lack of big star also makes me a bit less interested, I'm far more hyped to see Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt the same month really and the likes of Eddie Redmayne/Benedict Cumberbatch in other upcoming blockbusters.

This post has been edited by Josh.: Oct 13 2016, 05:35 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 22 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
http://collider.com/rogue-one-opening-crawl/

I know it's the point in spin-offs and this is only a minor thing but like I said before, everything about this is lacking in what I love so much about Star Wars and I'm really failing to have much hype for this whatsoever. The only thing that's really made me go 'omg' so far from the whole advertising campaign is the gorgeous beach shots. I know I'll probably end up loving it anyway but this doesn't seem like anything special to me, yet.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 13 2016, 03:55 AM
Post #9
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
This is brilliant. It's very much a 'Star Wars' film, and still has it's own feel to it at the same time. It serves excellently as it's own spin off! Very happy with it after not being as hyped about this until about a week or so ago!

+Quote this post
post Dec 13 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I actually think this feels just as satisfying as The Force Awkens. It doesn't have the same out and out crowd pleasing sensation as that did, but still fits into the saga effortlessly. The second half is explosive and I almost screamed at the end with PL! How did they do that?!

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Dec 16 2016, 11:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
QUOTE(Tinasha @ Dec 13 2016, 10:23 PM) *
I actually think this feels just as satisfying as The Force Awkens. It doesn't have the same out and out crowd pleasing sensation as that did, but still fits into the saga effortlessly. The second half is explosive and I almost screamed at the end with PL! How did they do that?!

The same way they replicated Peter Cushing for a lot of the film I imagine.

Really loved this. It serves it's purpose so well, I'll certainly be going multiple times. The only thing that seemed off for me was Vader's costume/voice.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Dec 17 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
James Earl Jones was the voice again though! I was heartbroken every single character you'd grown to like and root for f***ing died. I know it makes sense in slotting it into the universe and ensuring there's no conflicts with how IV worked but it still SUCKED SO MUCH

I saw this yesterday afternoon and I really enjoyed this! I haven't seen III or VII after the horror that was I and II but this makes me want to watch the original trilogy again so bad. Might have to look out VII.

Alan Tudyk was by far my fave. Was hilarious.

+Quote this post
post Dec 18 2016, 12:09 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Silas @ Dec 17 2016, 11:51 PM) *
James Earl Jones was the voice again though! I was heartbroken every single character you'd grown to like and root for f***ing died. I know it makes sense in slotting it into the universe and ensuring there's no conflicts with how IV worked but it still SUCKED SO MUCH
I saw this yesterday afternoon and I really enjoyed this! I haven't seen III or VII after the horror that was I and II but this makes me want to watch the original trilogy again so bad. Might have to look out VII.
Alan Tudyk was by far my fave. Was hilarious.

Omg you have to watch VII! It's in a different league to the prequel trilogy!

+Quote this post
post Dec 18 2016, 09:09 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
After my second viewing, here's my rank:

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One
Force Awakens
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 18 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
This isn't going to end up being very memorable for me but to say I haven't watched any of the main Star Wars movies, I quite enjoyed it and think I managed to follow most of the story, although the ending didn't mean much to me as I'm sure it will to everyone else. The robot was amazing, he made the movie.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Dec 19 2016, 11:32 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I loved this! Actually more than many of the main Star Wars movies - with no Skywalker overarching story it felt pretty free to tell a very compelling story of desperation and with the whole everyone dies at the end bit it just makes the entire experience so much more powerful, so therefore it felt very fulfilling in the way it connected everything together. Star Wars standalones are a really good idea.

The characters were really pretty good too, a large main cast that easily forms a band of brothers, that was a really nice touch for me.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Dec 20 2016, 12:42 AM
Post #17
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
QUOTE(Tinsel Boy @ Dec 16 2016, 11:24 PM) *
Really loved this. It serves it's purpose so well, I'll certainly be going multiple times. The only thing that seemed off for me was Vader's costume/voice.

I thought the voice was fine myself (I didn't actually know they'd get James Earl Jones back!), but I do agree about the costume, seemed like a children's party dress up, let's hope they make changes to that

This was pretty great, and I went in with quite low expectations due to the lack of hype/promo, but it felt like an authentic Star Wars film of old just like VII did, and I got goosebumps at the ending and Grand Moff Tarkin in the film! Was so shocked they managed to do that, I wonder if they could do it with Obi Wan in future films?

Rogue One herself was pretty great, if not quite up to Rey. though I definitely preferred the supporting cast. K2 and Chirrut in particular <3

This post has been edited by Wombanta Claus: Dec 20 2016, 12:44 AM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 20 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
7/10. The first part of the movie was sub-par, too many new characters with fairly flimsy depth (The Force Awakens was way better), though the second half was decent enough. I loved the cameos and build-up to the original Star Wars, most of all to stop that 40 year whinge about destroying the Death Star with a convenient flaw in the plans. Not convenient, it was planned, hooray! Also loved the CGI Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher, though the voice for Cushing had none of the Cushing nuances, I hope he would have approved, he was quite cool about stuff.

Of the new characters, the sarcastic robot was voiced nicely by ex-Firefly actor Alan Tudyk, and I liked Donnie Yen's, and the good new big baddie played wonderfully by Ben Mendelsohn, the rest just didn't have the usual flair, though for me. I can see why they killed them all off - bit that comes over as problematic for sequels, the ship and all the characters are gone. Rogue 2, new ship, new cast, leading up to Empire Strikes Back anyone?

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Dec 21 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
Empire doesn't really have the same untold story leading up to it - the natural successor would be following the Bothan spies stealing the plans for the second Death Star from ROTJ, but I don't really see the point now. Can't see how an Obi Wan film set between III and IV would be interesting, as good as Ewan McGregor was. Hyped for solo Han Solo in 2019.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Dec 21 2016, 01:19 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Loved it.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Force Awakens
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:47 PM