BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wicked | November 2024, Film Adaptation Of The Musical!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 16th June 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Finally a release date announced for the movie version of Wicked 💚 Have been waiting for this for about at least 4 years so I'm so excited that something finally seems to be happening! (Even if it is ages away!)

Who do you want to play Elphaba and Glinda?

And defying gravity on the big screen will be *.* 💖
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th June 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really pleased about this news. I would LOVE for them to do the live singing thing that was done with 'Les Miserables'! Hope they know what they want to do with it.

Which one is the one Idina plays? Coz I think Samantha Barks would do that role well. (I speak as if I know what I'm talking about, I don't. I really wanna see the musical though!)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 17th June 2016, 07:05 AM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Very excited for this, my second favourite musical I've seen live (behind Lion Kin, ofc!) and the book was equally as good too. Really hope things move smoothly and we don't get any pushbacks.

I hope they don't do too much snipping and we get near enough full versions of the best songs like No One Mourns the Wicked, Popular etc. And I really don't want Something Baaad to be cut but already thinking it will be sad.gif

Samantha Barks would be fantastic I think for Elphaba. I hope we get cameos from the likes of Idina too.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 17th June 2016, 08:12 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

YAAAAAS

I don't really have any worries about them doing the 'big' songs right, but I will be so very pissed off if they mess with No One Mourns The Wicked.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th February 2019, 11:47 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Been pushed back 2 years (hardly surprising when they have NO cast as of yet laugh.gif)

22nd December 2021 now.

Long time to wait. It's gonna be directed by Stephen Daldry (who did 'Billy Elliott I believe).

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 22nd May 2024, 07:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Wasn't sure whether to revive this thread or create a brand new one, but thought it would be funny to look back and see that it's finally on the way, eight years after this thread was made biggrin.gif Now with Jon M. Chu ("Crazy Rich Asians" and "In The Heights") as the director

Cynthia Erivo has really gone onto such big things, I can't believe that I first saw her in the failed X Factor musical back in 2014 laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th May 2024, 01:55 AM
Post #7
Group icon

I think this looks like it could be pretty fun. However, I saw 'Wicked' in theatre last year for the first time and although it was good, I wasn't completely bowled over by it, bar the excellent 'Defying Gravity'. The songs are catchy enough, but I just wasn't that enamored by the story on the whole. I wonder if it'll be easier for me to digest in movie form...

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 28th May 2024, 09:46 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Tafty³³³ @ 24th May 2024, 02:55 AM) *
I think this looks like it could be pretty fun. However, I saw 'Wicked' in theatre last year for the first time and although it was good, I wasn't completely bowled over by it, bar the excellent 'Defying Gravity'. The songs are catchy enough, but I just wasn't that enamored by the story on the whole. I wonder if it'll be easier for me to digest in movie form...

I was the same, I liked the show but it wasn't my favourite musical by a long stretch.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 28th May 2024, 10:16 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

I loooooooooved the show (saw it in 2012)

I am still nervous about this release, mainly as I can't see how Ariana Grande is going to work in it. Fingers crossed it will knock it out of the park

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th May 2024, 10:36 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I wasn’t sure about Ari either, on paper she seems right, visually you can see her as Glinda, but I was worried about her vocals being right for the songs that Glinda performs. The newest trailer put that to rest a bit though, we only heard a bit but her vocals do sound quite Kristin Chenoweth, I just hope she puts her own spin on it enough and hasn’t vocally trained to be too similar because you just can’t be Kristin Chenoweth’s Glinda.

With Cynthia, she makes perfect sense as Elphaba already and yet feels so different to Idina’s, can’t wait to hear her do No Good Deed, although that won’t be until part 2 comes out D:

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 19th June 2024, 12:36 AM