BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nate's Top 40 (15/3/24) #24, Earned My Stripes, 300 Tracks In My Adidas Track Jacket...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Y'all Starlight
post 15th March 2024, 09:19 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Pronouns: he/him
User: 153,406

Welcome to my chart!!!

Week 24: 15/3/24

newright.png01. Twenty One Pilots - Overcompensate [01-01]
newright.png02. Fred Again.., Lil Yachty & Overmono - stayinit [28-02-02]
newne.png03. Ariana Grande - bye [03]
newright.png04. Vampire Weekend - Capricorn [08-07-04-04]
newdown.png05. SZA - Saturn [01-03-05]
newup.png06. Charli XCX - Von dutch [10-06]
newne.png07. Ariana Grande - imperfect for you [07]
newne.png08. Justice - Incognito [08]
newne.png09. Ariana Grande - we can't be friends (wait for your love) [09]
newdown.png10. Ariana Grande - yes, and? [01-03-04-06-06-06-06-07-10]
newup.png11. Lil Yachty - A Cold Sunday [13-04-10-08-13-11]
newdown.png12. Don Toliver - Bandit [04-01-02-03-06-12]
newup.png13. Everything Everything - City Song [17-13]
newne.png14. Ariana Grande - eternal sunshine [14]
newne.png15. Ariana Grande & Troye Sivan - supernatural [15]
newdown.png16. Everything Everything - The End Of The Contender [05-03-09-05-05-16]
newup.png17. Free Nationals, A$AP Rocky & Anderson .Paak - Gangsta [31-20-17]
newne.png18. Ariana Grande - don't wanna break up again [18]
newdown.png19. Caroline Polachek - Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry In The Mouth [37-10-09-19]
newdown.png20. Hunnygloss - Crimson [01-02-08-20]
newne.png21. Ariana Grande - true story [21]
newdown.png22. Noah Kahan & Gregory Alan Isakov - Paul Revere [13-07-04-11-22]
newdown.png23. Shygirl & Lolo Zouaļ - mute [34-15-09-16-23]
newre.png24. Dua Lipa - Training Season [12-16-xx-24]
newdown.png25. Justice & Tame Impala - One Night/All Night [16-02-01-02-03-11-12-25]
newdown.png26. Kim Gordon - BYE BYE [18-26]
newne.png27. Kenny Mason - JUMPIN IN [27]
newdown.png28. Declan McKenna - Mulholland's Dinner And Wine [39-xx-24-05-12-22-28]
newne.png29. Laufey - Goddess [29]
newne.png30. Ariana Grande - the boy is mine [30]
newdown.png31. Fat Dog - All The Same [40-25-16-14-19-31]
newdown.png32. „$, Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign - TALKING (feat. North West) [08-04-13-14-32]
newne.png33. Ariana Grande - i wish i hated you [33]
newne.png34. Ariana Grande - ordinary things (feat. Nonna) [34]
newne.png35. Dog Race - It's The Squeeze [35]
newright.png36. 21 Savage - redrum [04-08-10-08-19-25-36-36]
newne.png37. Sega Bodega - Deer Teeth [37]
newne.png38. Kamasi Washington - Prologue [38]
newne.png39. Kim Gordon - I Don't Miss My Mind [39]
newne.png40. Machinedrum & Tinashe - ZOOM [40]

Twenty-One Pilots manage to overcome both Fred Again.. + friends and a huge Ariana Grande album bomb to get a 2nd week at #1 cheer.gif 'Overcompensate' remains at #1 for another weeks thanks to some high streams, the gap was very close between the top three tho! The highest debut of Grande's gargantuan album bomb comes in the form of 'bye' which has seemed to have split the forum, It's one of the best songs of the album idc what you think laugh.gif Ari also gets two other top 10 debuts with the underrated gem 'imperfect for you' and the bop that everyone agrees should be the next UK #1, 'we can't be friends (wait for your love)'. The latter always felt like it was going to be a hit when I first saw the title of the song in February, brackets typically suggest that a song is intended to be a hit. The first single from Charli XCX's upcoming album 'brat' (the infectious 'Von dutch') is also on the rise this week hitting a new peak of #6. Finally, Justice have served us with another incredible single from their upcoming album 'Hyperdrama', meaning that 'Incognito' debuts in the top 10 this week.

This Week's Number One Song

The Highest New Entry This Week (Excluding The No. 1)

Retro Chart Pick (My Favourite Song From The UK Top 10 On This Day) - This Week Taken From 2013

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post 16th March 2024, 07:39 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Hey Nate!

Bye is decent but not one of my favourites on the album unfortunately. Saying that, the album is really good.
We can't be friends formmw is the epitome of what Ariana is capable of and should be doing. It's amazing.
Oh yes! I'm so glad to see training season enter again wub.gif. Perfect song, it's brilliant.
I think ordinary things is rather good. I'm quite surprised it isn't featured on more charts!

Nice chart! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 16th March 2024, 07:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hi Nate!

Nice to see "Overcompensate" at the top, the return for "Training Season", the debuts for "Goddess" and Ariana debuts.

Great chart!
Take care.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 17th March 2024, 11:57 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Laufey and Sega Bodega cheeseblock.png

I'm PERCHEDT for Goddess!! (Have yet to gone through last week's NMF sadly)

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 17th March 2024, 06:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

QUOTE(JSG @ Mar 16 2024, 07:39 AM) *
Hey Nate!

Bye is decent but not one of my favourites on the album unfortunately. Saying that, the album is really good.
We can't be friends formmw is the epitome of what Ariana is capable of and should be doing. It's amazing.
Oh yes! I'm so glad to see training season enter again wub.gif. Perfect song, it's brilliant.
I think ordinary things is rather good. I'm quite surprised it isn't featured on more charts!

Nice chart! happy.gif

Hi James!

'bye' has certainly had quite a split reception here which is a bit surprising to me laugh.gif Agreed that the album is of a very high standard, possibly my fav Ari record to date already ohmy.gif Indeed 'we can't be friends' is Ariana at the peak of her musical abilities and powers, more bangers pls Queen! Idk why 'Training Season' dropped out last week lol. Anyway, hyped for both 'Radical Optimism' and her headlining set at Glastonbury in a few months cheer.gif 'Ordinary Things' was one of my least favourite songs from the album although I still really like it. Incredible to see feature GOAT Nonna breaking records across the world with her appearance on the song, she should feature on more tracks biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Sergej @ Mar 16 2024, 07:38 PM) *
Hi Nate!

Nice to see "Overcompensate" at the top, the return for "Training Season", the debuts for "Goddess" and Ariana debuts.

Great chart!
Take care.

Hi Sergej!

This may possibly be the last week for 'Overcompensate' at #1. I feel like the #1 may go to Ariana, again.. kink.gif I haven't really paid attention to Laufey so far in her career but 'Goddess' has really struck me heart.gif I should really check out the rest of her discography!

QUOTE(uhsting @ Mar 17 2024, 11:57 AM) *
Laufey and Sega Bodega cheeseblock.png

I'm PERCHEDT for Goddess!! (Have yet to gone through last week's NMF sadly)

Hi Jack!

'Deer Teeth' has just been hovering outside of my top 40 for a few weeks now so I'm happy to hear that you are advocating it's appearance! I'm sure you'll really enjoy 'Goddess', a stunning piece of work from Laufey wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th March 2024, 06:58 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hey Nate hi.gif hope you're having a good week so far!

I'm of course very much here for the Ariana takeover *.* 'we can't be friends (wait for your love)' and 'imperfect for you' are my two favourites on the album so great to see them both in your top 10! Ari did a wonderful job of performing them live on SNL. 'supernatural' with Troye is getting better and better also... would approve of that being a future single <3

Also pleased to see Justice and Sega Bodega entering, Dua re-entering plus the climbs for Charli and Everything Everything *.* I see they're both playing at Big Weekend this year!

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 20th March 2024, 08:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 20 2024, 06:58 PM) *
Hey Nate hi.gif hope you're having a good week so far!

I'm of course very much here for the Ariana takeover *.* 'we can't be friends (wait for your love)' and 'imperfect for you' are my two favourites on the album so great to see them both in your top 10! Ari did a wonderful job of performing them live on SNL. 'supernatural' with Troye is getting better and better also... would approve of that being a future single <3

Also pleased to see Justice and Sega Bodega entering, Dua re-entering plus the climbs for Charli and Everything Everything *.* I see they're both playing at Big Weekend this year!

Hi Jade!

'eternal sunshine' wub.gif What a truly fantastic project from Ari, possibly even her best already for me. She really did do a incredible performance of those two songs on SNL, hoping for some more promo/possibly a tour to help give this era even more longevity! I really have no clue why I prefer the Troye version of 'supernatural' to the original but I really do, more collabs between this dynamic due pls biggrin.gif

'Incognito' is yet another fantastic track from Justice's upcoming album, perhaps it'll be their best to date (maybe their most commercially successful as well). 'Deer Teeth' has been bubbling under my chart for a few weeks but I'm pretty pleased with it entering now. I wasn't really enlightened by the Saturday lineup of Big Weekend (with an exception for RAYE & Shygirl), a rather drab lineup imo. But... the Sunday lineup is so, so good! Coldplay, Vampire Weekend and Everything Everything in the same day?!?!?! What a stacked list of names cheeseblock.png I know that Luton is rather far from where I stay but last year was such an incredible experience, I'm very tempted to purchase tickets once again (the tickets are also really reasonably priced - £34 including booking fees for a day this year ohmy.gif)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 05:28 AM