BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radar: Which album does it fit best on?, What era do you class it from?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
What album does it fit best on?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Jordanlee
post Jul 7 2019, 09:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Radar was on Blackout but released as a single from Circus.

I can’t think of many major pop artists who’ve had tracks appear on more than one album! I think Rihanna may done it on A Girl Like Me with the singles from her previous album but that wasn’t a big UK success and she was still a new artist at the time unlike Britney who was globally known.

For me I feel like it’s just a Blackout track through and through. Maybe it’s because Blackout come first and I already knew the track well before Circus but it’s just not a Circus track for me.

It should’ve been released from Blackout tbh.

Crazy decision to put it on circus as the exact same song too!

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jul 7 2019, 11:14 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 7 2019, 10:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I'd say Circus but that's because I heard that album before Blackout. I also remember the video being released which was obviously during the Circus era.

I also tend to skip 'Radar' when I listen to Blackout because the singles being the first three tracks works perfectly for me.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 7 2019, 11:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Blackout for me. In the context of that album I LOVE it. It shoulda been single 3 at the time (followed by BTI/Toy Soldier), but they ruined any kind of momentum by releasing it as a single during Circus. Fine, contract issues/obligations including it as a bonus track was a fair compromise but to give it a release over what could've been her first ballad release since Everytime (assuming Out From Under or Unusual You got the chance) and getting the public back on board some more after the whole If U Seek Amy debacle could've been a smart move and probs woulda shifted some more albums. The public were kinda back in her grasp with Circus era.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 8 2019, 12:30 AM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
100% Blackout in terms of how comfortably it fits. Such an odd quirk in her discography that it was included on two albums & released as the final single from the latter album.

+Quote this post
Rush
post Jul 8 2019, 02:57 AM
Post #5
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564
QUOTE(Rush @ Jul 3 2019, 01:27 PM) *
any of the 'Blackout' singles, 'Radar' included
My impact kink.gif

Here in Australia, it was a radio single in August/September 2008, just before 'Womanizer'. It did well on a listener-voted nightly radio countdown I listened to, and had a decent lower 50 run on the official chart: 78-86-59-83-70-59-73-85-88-91 (then in 2009 got a higher peak but didn't last as long: 46-62-56-77-94). So I've always thought of it as a 'Blackout' single, and it fits much better there anyway. I appreciate the re-release though for the novelty and meme-ability of it (clearly it was robbed from being the fourth 'Femme Fatale' single).

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post Jul 8 2019, 07:42 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392
I always skips Radar on Circus

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 8 2019, 09:12 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
It's definitely a Blackout track for me, and should have by rights been the third single from that album.

Was it put on Circus because it was contractually agreed with the producers that it'd be a single from Blackout, but then wasn't?

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Jul 8 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 8 2019, 10:12 AM) *
It's definitely a Blackout track for me, and should have by rights been the third single from that album.

Was it put on Circus because it was contractually agreed with the producers that it'd be a single from Blackout, but then wasn't?

I don't think anything has been confirmed officially, however, it was supposed to be a single from Blackout. Like Rush said, it was even a radio single in some places before Womanizer.

It's likely contractual — Bloodshy and Avant probably gave her the song with the promise of it being a single. I remember reading that Blackout was going to be re-released (so Radar being included wouldn't have been weird) but they had enough songs and public momentum that Circus happened.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 8 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I loved radar as a album track on blackout and honestly would have fitted as a single more on blackout whereas the sort of feel of circus didn't fit Radar.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 9 2019, 08:51 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I don’t think it fits circus at all. Not that I ever listen to circus anymore but I used to skip radar on there while it’s still a highlight on blackout

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Jul 9 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
Sounds totally like a Blackout song

Funny how its one of my favs on Blackout but I skip it on Circus because it just sounds disjointed. I listen to Circus way more often though

This post has been edited by Euphorique: Jul 9 2019, 06:07 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:00 PM