BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

42 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joanne ● Album Discussion Thread, 👒 | i got a diamond heart ~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Oct 23 2016, 08:57 AM
Post #521
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Group: Members
Member No.: 67

A-Yo is SO SUBPAR. I mean even in comparison to 'Perfect Illusion' (which I love but it's not mainstream accessible in comparison to all of her previous singles) its weak. It's equivalent to 'Manicure' or 'Eh Eh' in the vein that it should be a 7-8/10 great album track and not one of the few valid choices for second single.

DIC IS THE ONLY NEXT SINGLE CHOICE. Best track on the album and I'd rate that a 9/10. Only 10/10 moment for me is 'Angel Down'

I'm liking the album a bit more as I force myself to re listen. But it doesn't feel like the album I wanted from her and perhaps that is my own issue.

Perhaps I only love Lady Gaga's music and not Joanne's. This album just doesn't channel the freedom and bravery her last albums exemplified, but I think that is what set her apart. Joanne seems caged to me, you & I is similar to this genre, but it's superior to 90% of this album. But, I respect her as an artist 100%. Her current vision or sound just doesn't speak to me. Good for her on releasing a project that is completely her vision and not a rehash on the current trends. See you next album Gaga.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 23 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #522
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

'Angel Down' has really surprised me, as the first Gaga ballad I properly like. ohmy.gif Am I right in interpreting that as being about Orlando?

I find 'A-Yo', 'Joanne' and 'Hey Girl' painful to listen to quite frankly... but there are some nice tracks on here, but nothing I'm really going to find myself going back to. sad.gif

I do really wish she hadn't gone in this direction, although my main worry before any of this was that she'd try going down the dance-pop route and come up with something mediocre or sub-standard. I think I'll just say that this is simply not my thing, rather than proclaim it as a "bad" album. Some of the lows on ARTPOP were far worse.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 23 2016, 10:24 AM
Post #523
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

Also, is 'A-Yo' absolutely confirmed as the next single? I mean, nothing really stands a chance at this point but that really would be suicide.

+Quote Post
post Oct 23 2016, 10:28 AM
Post #524
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Adored her SNL performances. I feel like her vocals are still getting better.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Oct 23 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #525
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

Dancin' In Circles could be a SMASH if handled correctly. Unfortunately the biggest players in pop have terrible management in charge of saving era's after even just a single mishap.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 23 2016, 10:44 AM
Post #526
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

'A-Yo' does seem quite similar to 'Manicure' although I have to say I actually quite like 'A-Yo'! It's certainly not single-worthy though and releasing it as such would suggest it was the musical path Gaga was taking from here on out and it's really not what I'd like her to be associated with, despite having a soft spot for it.

Still haven't listened to the album. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Oct 23 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #527
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Oct 23 2016, 11:44 AM) *
Still haven't listened to the album. ph34r.gif

You're not missing much. sad.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 23 2016, 01:00 PM
Post #528
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

Finally got this today! Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons, Come To Mama and Hey Girl are definite highlights for me!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 23 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #529
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

The more I listen to this the more I love it. For me, what sets Gaga apart from other pop singers in the biggest way is her voice and writing abilities and this album shows them off
perfectly. It's nice to be rid of the OTT productions and imagery that at time totally overshadowed the actual music.

QUOTE(Tyler @ Oct 23 2016, 09:57 AM) *
A-Yo is SO SUBPAR. I mean even in comparison to 'Perfect Illusion' (which I love but it's not mainstream accessible in comparison to all of her previous singles) its weak. It's equivalent to 'Manicure' or 'Eh Eh' in the vein that it should be a 7-8/10 great album track and not one of the few valid choices for second single.

DIC IS THE ONLY NEXT SINGLE CHOICE. Best track on the album and I'd rate that a 9/10. Only 10/10 moment for me is 'Angel Down'

I'm liking the album a bit more as I force myself to re listen. But it doesn't feel like the album I wanted from her and perhaps that is my own issue.

Perhaps I only love Lady Gaga's music and not Joanne's. This album just doesn't channel the freedom and bravery her last albums exemplified, but I think that is what set her apart. Joanne seems caged to me, you & I is similar to this genre, but it's superior to 90% of this album. But, I respect her as an artist 100%. Her current vision or sound just doesn't speak to me. Good for her on releasing a project that is completely her vision and not a rehash on the current trends. See you next album Gaga.

I have to disagree there, I think this album is the bravest and the most free I've seen/heard her be. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Oct 23 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #530
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

This is not a popular opinion at all but this is my favourite album of hers since The Fame. I've been kinda gradually turned off more and more with every era ever since The Fame Monster, she just got a bit too weird for me lol. I've always loved her songs like Brown Eyes, Speechless, Hair and Dope the most so this is the perfect album for me biggrin.gif I'm not surprised it's flopping but who cares happy.gif

Oh and somebody said earlier Come To Mama sounds Christmassy, it reminds me of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) actually, I knew it reminded me of something!

Dancin' In Circles kinda reminds me of Cheap Thrills

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: Oct 23 2016, 03:59 PM

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Oct 23 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #531
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

I hated A-YO so much when I heard it first but it has really grown on me. Great performance.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 23 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #532
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

According to Headline Planet, Lady Gaga’s Joanne is not going to sell nearly as well as Artpop did, but it is still going to earn the No. 1 slot on the sales and consumption chart.

While the first-week sales of Lady Gaga’s Joanne does not even come close to the first-week sales of Artpop, chances are pretty good the album will still take the No. 1 slot for both Top Album Sales and Billboard 200 charts.

Open day sales data suggests Joanne is expected to sell between 125,000 and 135,000 pure copies in the United States this week. This number should be more than enough for Lady Gaga’s album to land on the No. 1 slot for the Top Album Sales.

Yay! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 23 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #533
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I'm finding this album to be much more of a grower than I had originally anticipated. With every listen I'm appreciating and liking it a whole lot more than the last time. It's actually a beautiful piece of work. Anywhere near her best? Asbolutely not. But I'm just being drawn back to it time and time again. Glad to see it getting success.

'Sinner's Prayer' is currently the track that's hitting me the hardest right now. So, SO good!

+Quote Post
p a v
post Oct 23 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #534
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(Tyler @ Oct 23 2016, 11:57 AM) *

Exactly what I think really.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Oct 24 2016, 10:41 AM
Post #535
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Just finished my first full listen to the standard and my highlights / least faves appear to be the opposite to the majority. I'd say John Wayne and Dancin' In Circles are the two I cared about the least. Sinner's Prayer and Joanne (so haunting and beautiful <3) were my stands outs aside from the songs we heard prior to the album release and I love Florence on Hey Girl.

It doesn't have the moments of her previous albums but I could give it repeat listens without being tempted to skip as nothing came across as a particular dud either.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 24 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #536
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Rob Spears @ Oct 23 2016, 01:11 PM) *
You're not missing much. sad.gif

I've got round to it. I was ready to give up before 'Perfect Illusion' but stuck with it because I do like that song and I love 'Million Reasons' that follows. The second half of the album definitely saves it - if Gaga wants stripped back and vocal focused, this is how to do it. 'Come to Mama' and 'Hey Girl' are great; I think the former would make a great single.

I hope the first half grows on me. Seems like a lot of people here like that half though, but I have to say I found 'Diamond Heart' probably the worst on the album.

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Oct 24 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #537
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,666

https://twitter.com/musicnews_facts/status/...458014033645568

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Oct 24 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #538
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

Ok, so I've decided to forget this album is by my second favourite artist as I am just disappointed. If I ignore the fact it's Lady Gaga, it's not a bad album. There's no real duds, it's just odd. My favs are 'Diamond Heart', 'A-Yo', 'John Wayne', 'Sinner's Prayer' and 'Come To Mama'.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 24 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #539
BuzzJack Idol

#3 in today's UK midweek update with 17,477 sales so far.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 24 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #540
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Oct 24 2016, 05:05 PM) *
I've got round to it. I was ready to give up before 'Perfect Illusion' but stuck with it because I do like that song and I love 'Million Reasons' that follows. The second half of the album definitely saves it - if Gaga wants stripped back and vocal focused, this is how to do it. 'Come to Mama' and 'Hey Girl' are great; I think the former would make a great single.

I hope the first half grows on me. Seems like a lot of people here like that half though, but I have to say I found 'Diamond Heart' probably the worst on the album.

So glad someone else feels the second half is better than the first!

Hey Girl is just spot on for me, Florence has a stunning voice.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:54 PM