BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Disney 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Disney's in for a huge year.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Tafty³³³
post 15th November 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Disney are set for a HEEEEEUUUUUGE year next year.

- Dumbo [Tim Burton Live Action]
- Captain Marvel [Marvel's first female led Superhero movie]
- Avengers 4 [Part 2 of Infinity War]
- Aladdin [Guy Ritchie Live Action]
- Toy Story 4 [Disney Pixar sequel to their most successful franchise]
- Spider-Man: Far From Home [Sequel to 2017 smash Spider-Man Homecoming]
- Lion King [Jon Favreau Live Action]
- Frozen 2 [Sequel to the most successful animated movie of all time]
- Star Wars Episode IX [The last in the new trilogy for SW. JJ Abrams back in the drivers seat for this]

MONSTER!!!!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th November 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

1. The Lion King [most anticipating]
2. Spider-Man: Far From Home
3. Dumbo
4. Avengers 4
5. Captain Marvel
6. Toy Story 4
7. Frozen 2
8. Aladdin
9. Star Wars Episode IX [least]

I think Avengers or Frozen will be the biggest next year. Star Wars has lost it's magic and people are realising that now, it'll be a huge movie but I don't think it will be the biggest of the year. The Lion King will be huge too I think although it depends how the public responds to it

VERY excited for my top 4/5, TLK is my favourite animated movie of all time and the cast for the live action remake looks fantastic. Avengers 4 will be a spectacular movie but it'll obviously end with them basically reversing everything that's happened in the two movies so it seems a bit pointless in the MCU's future, hopefully I'm proved wrong though. Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4 will be great movies I'm sure but I'm not feeling the hype compared to anything else here. Tbh neither are sequels I really wanted. Live action Aladdin isn't on my wishlist either

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 15th November 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

wait Dumbo/Aladdin/Lion King all coming in the same year?? Surely one’s getting pushed back at least - have there been any live action remakes this year?

Seems a but too much for me and I can see something like Dumbo being overshadowed!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 15th November 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

I'm so excited for the Marvel Films and the Lion King.

Toy Story is the best trilogy of all time and the idea of a fourth one just terrifies me. I just want to it be good so much 'Forky' isn't giving me much hope.

Out of them, I think Dumbo might underperform. Seeming it's coming soonest there really is no hype.

Disney also have Artemis Fowl & Penguins next year but they'll obviously not going to be huge.

They're also distributing 'Glass' in international markets which I'm so excited for. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th November 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Avengers 4 [Most Anticipated]
The Lion King
---
Captain Marvel
Toy Story 4
Dumbo
Spider-Man: Far From Home
---
Star Wars Episode IX
Frozen 2
---
Aladdin [Least Anticipated]

I'm anticipating them all somewhat, but the bottom 3 MUCH less than the others. Avengers 4 is ofc my most anticipated.

I've gone for TLK to be most successful and Aladdin least successful. I feel like this Star Wars is gonna get the franchise back on track though considering JJ Abrams is at the helm again.

Aladdin seems like it'll struggle the most to me as I think thats the one that isn't released during any half term weeks? The rest are perfectly planned around kids holidays and things. Plus, I can't see Guy Ritchie (who's been behind a few flops recently) really pulling in much crowd.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 15th November 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

They're all under the Disney family but a couple of these are through Marvel and Lucas Pictures so different subsidaries.

The Avengers 4 will be the biggest grossing, but you could expect all to go past $500m worldwide, I think they are all well staged too in terms of releasing and they probably appeal to different audiences so it won't massively split it audiences.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 15th November 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #7
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Avengers 4 will be the biggest just because of how big the third one was, though I think The Lion King will come close, that will surely be an absolute spectacle and the film is so beloved in the first place, depends on public reaction, but they'd have to be pretty terribly to get this wrong.

I've heard NOTHING about Aladdin, that's surely gonna get a bit overshadowed?! ohmy.gif Dumbo possibly as well, but I feel like that will still get enough attention. I will admit I didn't know Frozen 2 was so soon as well, but I can see that still being massive just on it's name.

Star Wars IX will be big but they've got a task on their hands turning around the backlash of Last Jedi and Solo (though I trust JJ Abrams will do that), I feel like it may 'underperform' by comparison but still be big.

Difficult to predict Toy Story 4, I guess it depends on public reaction as there were a fair few (including me) that didn't think this needed a sequel and I can't say I'll be rushing to the theatre, but it'll obvs still sell well.

I've been a bit fatigued with superhero movies so I'm not sure with Spider Man, but I am interested in Captain Marvel. I'm sure both will be big either way.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 15th November 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

An golden treasure of riches to look forward to from Disney next year.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 01:03 PM