BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Is Zara the best of the new pop girls?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Who's your favourite of the new pop girls?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew.
post Sep 11 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

In the past few years there's been load of up and coming pop girls but which one is your favourite? DISCUSS~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Sep 11 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
1. Zara Larsson (my fave obviously)
2. Dua Lipa (I think I understate how much I love her!! great album and LOVE her personality)
3. Hailee Steinfeld (would be an easy #2 if we got some more of her, it feels like ages since Most Girls sad.gif)
4. Anne Marie (again I just need more from her! it feels like she's disappeared since 'Ciao Adios' sad.gif)
5. Alessia Cara (I don't mind her tbh. None of her music has had any effect on me though laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Sep 11 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Hmm, I feel Hailee and Anne-Marie are much smaller than the other 3... anyway.

01 Zara Larsson
She just has too many great songs. I prefer 'So Good' to 'Dua Lipa' bc Funeral <33 Her voice is special and her personality is incredible. She is very loyal to her fans and that is the main thing.

02 Dua Lipa
She could overtake at some point as New Rules is better than any Zara song (and that's saying something!). The only reason she's not first is because I preferred So Good to Dua Lipa.

03 Anne-Marie
She's absolutely amazing. She has such a great personality which is very much needed in a pop star. Alarm was a huge pop song! Ciao Adios was also great but she's in 3rd place purely because we haven't had that much from her as of yet!

04 Alessia Cara
Ok, Here is one of my favourite songs of all time. It's just so beautifully sung and well written. She's 4th because I haven't really dug into her stuff as much as I have the others. I tried to listen to her album but I never really got stuck in which is odd considering how much I love Here. Scars is also beautiful. Once she moves on to her 2nd era then she could climb this list. I see a lot of potential in her and she's going to be huge in the US. Not sure about in the UK but she is definitely the next big thing overseas.

05 Hailee Steinfield
I find Hailee a bit meh. I'm not completely sold on her voice and I wasn't a huge of Starving. It just seemed so trend chasing. The other girls mentioned here aren't chasing trends as much, and I'd say that they've all found their own style quite quickly whereas Hailee seems to just be stuck in the middle of no where. Not saying that I dislike her, because that's very much not true, but she needs to figure out what route she wants to take and keep in that lane.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 14 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Yes

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 14 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Although Dua Lupa does come close...

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Sep 14 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
01. Zara Larsson - There's still so much more potential in her, I really hope she releases Permission because it truly is an absolute bop of an anthem
02. Alessia Cara - I think she will be the most popular out of them all but I love Alessia, her recent album is arguably better than So Food
03. Day Lipa
04. Hailed never going to happen steinfield
05. Anne Maria

+Quote this post
Razor
post Sep 14 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,924
Zara and Alessia are the best for me. Dua and Hailee are good tho.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 14 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
01 Dua - she has it all, looks, personality voice and amazng material.
02 Alessia - I underrate her but her voice is FLAWLESS and the album was solid, the next I feel will bring her to the next level. She seems just lovely too <3
03 Hailee - she just makes SUCH good pop, I need an album soon.
04 Zara - I didn't enoy So Good as much as I expected and the era was a bit messy
05 Anne-Marie - not heard enough but she is fab from what I have heard.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Sep 15 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Wait, Charlie XsX should be on the list tbh

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Sep 15 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
🙄
Who?

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 19 2020, 01:43 AM
Post #11
Group icon
is in hibernation
I randomly remembered starting this topic for some reason lmao and almost three years on so much has changed with these five laugh.gif Alessia has flopped into oblivion, Hailee has barely been here, Zara is in v murky waters commercially and still hasn’t released an album, Anne smashed but now Birthday has underperformed and Dua has just STORMED ahead. This is how I’d rank them now:

1 Dua Lipa
2 Zara Larsson - this is hard because Dua has absolutely smashed it out of the park since 2017 and as much as I’ve loved Zara’s material she hasn’t done enough really and I don’t see her pulling out anything like Future Nostalgia but obviously hardly anyone has that. However although I stan Dua I’d still say Zara is the much better performer.

3 Anne Marie - I don’t get why y’all can’t stand this girl, she makes bops and I saw her on Celebrity Juice, she’s got a fab personality imo! Speak Your Mind is basic but it slaps. Idk if I’d want to see her live though.

4 Hailee Steinfeld - I Love You’s is cute but she’s obviously more of an actress than a singer career wise and that’s fine

5 Alessia Cara - I have a friend that’s the actual double of her but I couldn’t even hum one of her solo songs, Stay is that bitch though

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 19 2020, 02:11 AM
Post #12
Group icon
🙄
Alessia deserved so much better. I honestly still think Growing Pains would have been a minor hit if they added an extra chorus instead of prematurely ending it!

Or they should have done a re-release of I’m Yours! I’m sure Alessia can bounce back but she’s going to need to jump on som generic Collabs tbh

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 19 2020, 02:12 AM
Post #13
Group icon
🙄
Dua’s management is incredible. They’ve been excellent with every single thing with this campaign, had Zara had similar management / labels, I’m sure she would be in a similar position as Zara can dance / sing / perform but she just has messy as f*** campaigns and single choices!

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post Jun 19 2020, 09:47 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030
Dua has obviously done the best, but Zara definitely has the potential to be successful. However, I think 'Love Me Land' could be make or break for her.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 19 2020, 02:04 PM
Post #15
Group icon
🙄
Yeh Love Me Land will be crucial, especially with Airplay! All The Time never managed A-List on BBC Radio 1 and Like It Is wasn’t played by Capital or Radio 1 / 2.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 PM