BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 5 Years since 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Jul 7 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

5 years a week ago, Rihanna released the most shocking and transitional video of her career. It was age-restricted on Youtube (sissies) and for some it marked a confirmation that Rihanna had changed for worse, turning them off her but the majority saw the passion behind the project and appreciated the video, be being one of them cool2.gif

Do how y'all feel about this video, 5 years on?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jul 7 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
My thought at the time was OMG BOOBS. It's definitely an attention seeking video, and I don't mean that as an insult at all because what a video *.* The last 2.5 minutes are the best of course, wonderfully EERIE. She did that.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 7 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Her best video and one of her very best songs. The cultural impact this song has... you would honestly have believed it had Drakes - One Dance level of chart success. ICONIC.

I absolutely LOVE Kelly Clarkson's live lounge of it! So soulful and just... OOMF!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jul 8 2020, 12:16 AM
Post #4
Group icon
is in hibernation
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 7 2020, 09:13 PM) *
Her best video and one of her very best songs. The cultural impact this song has... you would honestly have believed it had Drakes - One Dance level of chart success. ICONIC.

I absolutely LOVE Kelly Clarkson's live lounge of it! So soulful and just... OOMF!

In my house it had 11x Drakes - One Dance level of chart success sarah11.png

It might have seemed like a flop at the time in the UK because of it's uncharacteristically low peak for Rih, but honestly this did fine. It was an OA/OS release at a time when most songs were being held back so it naturally was at a disadvantage, got very little airplay and in early 2015 you still needed good download sales to be really high on the singles chart, and this like Needed Me isn't a song that will do well on paid for. It's gone gold and spent 23 weeks on the chart, a hit wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 AM