BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is returning
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Jun 11 2019, 11:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

British Comedy Guide:
The BBC is on the cusp of commissioning a revival of hit sitcom Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps.

Star Will Mellor revealed on social media this afternoon that a revisit special is in development by the show's original creator and writer, Susan Nickson.

The sitcom, about a group of friends struggling to enter adulthood and cope with being 20-something, first aired on BBC Two in February 2001, totalling 79 episodes by the end of its 9-series run in 2011, by which time it was established as a ratings-winning BBC Three format.

News of the show's revival comes after the entire series was published as an iPlayer box set to a huge positive public reception, and amidst a repeat broadcast of the series on Gold. Mellor explained today that legions of fans have been messaging him through social media, asking for the sitcom's return.

Sheridan Smith, Ralf Little, Kathryn Drysdale and Natalie Casey completed the original ensemble starring cast alongside Mellor, and although Little's character was killed off after Series 6 it seems he will return in the new project.

A source close to the production confirmed that both Mellor and Little have signed up, and explained: "Jonny is into local politics as a Tory, and Gaz has found himself as a single parent. It's unclear yet whether it's a Likely Lads scenario or the full gang."

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps. Image shows from L to R: Jonny (Ralf Little), Gaz (Will Mellor). Copyright: BBC.

The mention of The Likely Lads refers to the 1964 BBC Two sitcom of that name, focusing on two male best friends. In this case it would appear the revival could focus on Jonny (Little) and Gaz (Mellor) alone. They were first dating - and later married to - Janet (Smith) and Donna (Casey), respectively.

It is as yet unclear which channel the special might be for. The same source hinted to British Comedy Guide today that it could become a film project if the BBC pass on commissioning the show.

In a further hint as to the early stage nature of the planned return, the BBC told us simply: "There is no truth in this rumour."

However, British Comedy Guide has also spoken to creator and writer Susan Nickson, who confirmed the project's development. She said: "I'm totally up for it, I love those guys."

Further details about the project's progress, and the potential involvement of Sheridan Smith, Natalie Casey and other stars, will be announced in due course.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jun 11 2019, 11:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Would Sherdian Smith come back as Janet?

If does materialise, I really looking forward to seeing this back.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jun 12 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Only worth it if the full cast come back! wub.gif Will Mellor though phworrrr

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 12 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #4
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
This is a show I've been considering watching for a while, might as well now!

I believe it's all on the iPlayer.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 12 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jun 12 2019, 03:50 PM) *
Only worth it if the full cast come back! wub.gif Will Mellor though phworrrr

Omg yes Will Mellor is sooo fit and just gets better with age wub.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jun 12 2019, 05:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
They need the full original cast back.

Sheridan could be tricky but she might. She has revealed she won’t be in the Gavin and Stacey return.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:34 AM