BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 8 years of Speak Now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Oct 24 2018, 11:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
ohmy.gif

8 years ago today, Taylor unleashed her third studio album and her best to date (that's just the tea soz x). The astounding thing is, despite her only being 19/20 at the time of making the album, she wrote the entire album SINGLE HANDEDLY (bar a co-write with Martin Johnson on If This Was A Movie) plus co-produced every track with Nathan Chapman wub.gif You really feel on the album that it's everything she went through in that period, with each song being about a different person.

What do you think of the album? How has it held up for you against her later albums? What are your favourite tracks?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 24 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
As I said this is still my fave of hers, the only track that brings it down is the hideous Never Grow Up which is one of her worst. It's one of those albums where I can't pick a fave out of like 5 or 6 tracks because they're all so strong - Mine, Sparks Fly, Back To December, Haunted, Enchanted, Dear John and Mean wub.gif Lyrically there's so much that shows exactly why she's such a talented writer and musically it fit her perfectly as she dipped into pop even more than ever before, pre-empting Red-1989-Reputation a tad. One of my fave albums ever, would probs be top 5 if not for NGU dragging it down a bit laugh.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Oct 25 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
Her best alvum for ‘enchanted’ alone.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:40 AM