BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Album Nine, Reggae Album? RELEASE DATE STILL TBA.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Jul 19 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #1
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

It seems like Rihanna has already started R9 from this tweet (Alicia Renee wrote for ANTI) ohmy.gif

It'll be really hard for her to top ANTI imo but Queen Rih never fails to surprise me *.*

What do you want for R9? Be sure to comment your thoughts below biggrin.gif

EDIT: Josepvinaixa.com has confirmed a new song called 'Mayday' has been registered!

This post has been edited by jlj: Nov 26 2020, 09:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phil2
post Jul 20 2016, 10:33 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,626
   No Gallery Pics

defently back towards a smash eg we found love, the loud era was prob my favourite so kind of those lines, smash it back to dancefloor hits!

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Jul 20 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #3
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

I can't see her topping ANTI but then I didn't think she'd ever top Rated R and she did, so who knows?
I think she probably will be more hit-focused with this release, but I'm not completely sure. Would love an album of BBHMMs but I can't see that happening 😫

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 20 2016, 10:56 PM
Post #4
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Cremey @ Jul 20 2016, 11:37 PM) *
I can't see her topping ANTI but then I didn't think she'd ever top Rated R and she did, so who knows?
I think she probably will be more hit-focused with this release, but I'm not completely sure. Would love an album of BBHMMs but I can't see that happening 😫

I agree tbh. I'd be very disappointed if she did a Loud type album after the experimentation of ANTI (though I doubt she'll do this) but I can see her doing a slightly more 'pop' album.

This post has been edited by Andr00w: Jul 20 2016, 10:57 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 4 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #5
is in hibernation

Another new song, 'Shotgun' feat. J Cole has been registered!

This post has been edited by Andr00w: Aug 4 2016, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 18 2017, 11:50 PM
Post #6
is in hibernation

Just found this article from just before Wild Thoughts was released, it looks like Album nine may be on it's way to deliver us Jesus later this year *.*

QUOTE(Revolt)
It’s been over a year since Rihanna released ANTi, the double-platinum, No.1-reaching album that spawned the juggernaut “Work” and defied what many, including us, expected of her. And despite some major Grammy snubs (courtesy of the ever-formidable Adele and inescapable Lemonade aftermath), RiRi showed no signs of defeat, maintaining unwavering presence by strongholding our airwaves and eardrums with more album singles (including “Kiss It Better,” “Needed Me,” and “Love on the Brain”) and distinctive guest appearances everywhere (see: Drake’s “Too Good,” Calvin Harris’ “This Is What You Came For,” Future’s “Selfish,” Kendrick Lamar’s “Loyalty,” Mike WiLL Made-It’s “Nothing Is Promised,” and a yet-to-be-revealed collabo with DJ Khaled).

The singer has yet to provide any details into the release of new music. But, to be fair, she’s been busy being honored by both Harvard University and the Parsons School of Design; stunning (as she is prone to do) at both Coachella and the Met Gala; flexing her acting chops on A&E series Bates Motel and possibly an upcoming Twitter-conceived film; and expanding her design empire into jewelry and more Fenty x PUMA merch.

But if she wasn’t going to speak up, Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw has done so for her. According to Idolator, during a backstage interview at the BBC station’s Big Weekend music festival, he told The Daily Star, “I heard she’s got new music soon.” Adding about possible release dates, he reportedly said, “Well, I don’t know. It’s the end of the year.”

Despite the vague details, Grimshaw may not be too far off. Rihanna has been registering songs with both ASCAP and BPI (the British Phonographic Industry) since last month which could give us a major clue as to what we can expect on #R9. Here are the tracks we know of, so far.

"JOYRIDE"

Travis Scott, co-writer: Despite being blamed by songwriter-producer Glass John (“Kiss It Better”) as the reason ANTi was delayed, La Flare (real name Jacques Webster) and RiRi went on to collaborate on “Woo,” tour together, and reportedly date. And now it seems they’ve reunited.

Hit-Boy, co-writer: The super-producer, real name Chauncey Hollis, served as the brain behind the boards on Jay Z and Kanye West’s “Niggas in Paris,” Beyonce’s “Flawless” and “XO,” and G.O.O.D. Music’s “Cold” and “Clique,” among many (like many) others. He’s also previously worked with Rihanna on ANTi’s “Pose” and “Woo,” and Talk That Talk’s “Watch N Learn.”

Allen Ritter, co-writer: The songwriter and producer has contributed to more tracks than we have space to list but, for now, consider: Kanye West’s “All Day,” Drake’s “Controlla,” Big Sean’s “Blessings,” and Travis Scott’s “Pick Up The Phone.” He also co-wrote RiRi’s “Work.”

"BODY LANGUAGE"

Key Wane, co-writer: Born Dwane Weir II, the producer-songwrier has contributed to Big Sean’s “Beware” and “IDFWU,” Beyonce’s “Partition,” Drake’s “All Me” and Meek Mill’s “Amen.”

Tink, co-writer: The Timbaland-approved singer, real name Trinity Home, has seven mixtapes under her belt (one of which spawned her charting, Aaliyah-sampling single “Million”) and a debut album on the way.

Derrus Rachel, co-writer: Having already formed a relationship with RiRi after nabbing writing credits on ANTi’s “Desperado,” “Woo,” “Needed Me,” Rachel has also contributed to DJ Mustard’s “10,000 Hours” featuring Ella Mai.

“LOCK AND KEY”

Supa Dubs, co-writer: The Kingston, Jamaica-born producer, real name Dwayne Chin-Quee, boasts credits on Drake’s “Controlla” and “Too Good,” PartyNextDoor’s “Not Nice,” and Nina Sky’s “Turning Me On.”

Kranium, co-writer: Hailing from Montego Bay, Jamaica, the reggae and dancehall singer, real name Kemar Donaldson, had his own Billboard charting hit in 2015 with "Nobody Has To Know" which peaked at no. 32 on the Reggae Digital Songs list.

Derrus Rachel, co-writer: See above.

“PHATTY”

Buju Banton, co-writer: The icon and veteran dancehall-reggae musician, born Mark Anthony Myrie, has been sampled by everyone from Cypress Hill to Selena Gomez and, for Rihanna, working with him could be a dream come true considering she named his 'Til Shiloh album one of her top 3 to listen to on repeat.

“ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS”

Ryan Gladieux, co-writer: The multi-talent recorded JoJo’s “f*** Apologies,” engineered Pitbull and Kesha’s “Timber,” and produced Flo Rida’s “I Don’t Like It, I Love It” featuring Robin Thicke.

Paul Salva, co-writer: The DJ made waves back in 2012 when his remix of Kanye West’s “Mercy” was put in radio rotation and has since been behind the official reworks of tracks from Chromeo, Nelly Furtado and, prophetically, Rihanna’s own “Needed Me” and “Sex With Me.”

All of these have some great names on them, Joyride sounds most promising from the names on it! Can't wait for her to release a new album, ik this isn't nearly as long as the wait between Unapologetic and ANTI but I'm always impatient when it comes to the Queen ;o

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 19 2017, 05:45 AM
Post #7
is in hibernation

Pinned this so it doesn't get lost like the other thread!

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Aug 19 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #8
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I can't remember the article but she also worked with Skrillex and Blackbear on music recently.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 19 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #9
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Atonement @ Aug 19 2017, 09:46 AM) *
I can't remember the article but she also worked with Skrillex and Blackbear on music recently.

Not sure on Blackbear but Skrillex is usually great *.*

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Aug 19 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

I can't WAIT for new music. Love all the excitement at the beginning of a new era.
I'm hoping the beginning of R9 will go a lot more smoothly than R8. Even through it was all worth it in the end for the masterpiece that is ANTI, I hated not knowing what was going on at the start, the random single releases that weren't even on the album... I'll never be happy that BBHMM didn't make the cut, haha 😭

Loving the sound of PHATTY from that *.*
Also, hoping that Joyride won't actually be on there because that's a Tinashe track she was oroginally naming her second album after...her version leaked a while back as well and it was nothing special really either :')

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 19 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Omg Skrillex and Rihanna YES

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 19 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #12
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

I need a bit more pop than Anti but I'm so readh

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Aug 19 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #13
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I know a lot of other artists are releasing this fall as well but I don't want to wait until 2018 so I hope something is coming soon.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 19 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Q4 would be fab, we've had Wild Thoughts and Loyalty to sort of tide us over but she hasn't been like Justin Bieber level of omnipresence with her features so Q4 would be perfect to properly come back! I'd love something more poppy too, a mixture of songs like Work and Wild Thoughts with some more pop leaning stuff would be great, all we got on Anti really was Love On The Brain but I'll definitely have another song like that wub.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 19 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #15
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 19 2017, 03:25 PM) *
Q4 would be fab, we've had Wild Thoughts and Loyalty to sort of tide us over but she hasn't been like Justin Bieber level of omnipresence with her features so Q4 would be perfect to properly come back! I'd love something more poppy too, a mixture of songs like Work and Wild Thoughts with some more pop leaning stuff would be great, all we got on Anti really was Love On The Brain but I'll definitely have another song like that wub.gif

I agree, although the only thing I'd be worried about is Q4 sales. Yeah ANTI had a botched release but I fear that the long gap between Unapologetic and ANTI really harmed her ability to sell MASSIVE numbers like she used to and to stay high in the chart you kind of need those unlike at this time of year where like 3k will get you a top 40 laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Aug 20 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #16
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love a Q4 release so much. I think she could definitely pull it off with the right singles and promotion.
ANTI was a bit of an odd one because of the free copies and the odd build up, hopefully R9 will be a much more standard release. With good promo/a huge single I'm confident she could get HUGE Q4 sales.

So excited for the first single 😍

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 20 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #17
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

I'm so ready for new Rihanna, can't believe it's already been 18 months since ANTI!

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Aug 20 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

That's actually crazy! I was about to be like 'uhhh it's only been a year!' but it really has been 18 months ohmy.gif
Really doesn't feel that long ago at all.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 31 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #19
is in hibernation

QUOTE(MTV)
Rihanna and Diplo made headlines just a few weeks ago after the producer revealed the Bajan superstar rejected his music... twice, but things might be turning around for him.
In a new interview with iHeartRadio, Diplo cleared up the controversy - it's all love! - and let slip some MAJOR news about Rihanna's current day-to-day
Diplo's actual words were, "We talked a little bit because she's writing a lot of new music right now for her next project and, hopefully, we can connect."
That's nice and all, Dip, but we're a bit busy screaming over the news that Rihanna is currently WRITING FOR HER NEW ALBUM.

The Major Lazer producer knows better than to give away exact details of a pop queen's music, although he did hint about the reggae direction of the album.
"I know that we both have the same affinity for dancehall and reggae and things like that. I know she knows she's a fan of our [Major Lazer's] music."

And will their beats be good enough this time? "You always gotta to be on your toes and work harder and she made me feel that way and I love her to death."
Sounds like this might be the perfect time...

LET'S DO THIS

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Aug 31 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #20
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

*.* Can't wait!

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM