BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You and Your Favourite Football Team
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Sep 26 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #1
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Thought it would be an idea to start a thread where you post about your favourite football team with the following questions:
  • Why do you support that team?
  • What do you think about the state of your team currently?
  • The first match you saw when you watched them on the TV?
  • The best game that you've seen from them?
  • The best moment of your football team?
  • Who has been your favourite player to have played for the club?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Sep 26 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I'll do Liverpool, as my other football team is just my local side.. force of habit!

Why do you support that team? I was a big Michael Owen fan. Naturally I remember watching UEFA Cup games on Channel 5, and from then it just kinda stuck
What do you think about the state of your team currently? We're in a really good states. A few places where we can improve, but I'm relatively happy and very optimistic about the present and the future. The main thing now for me is we're not over-reliant on one player as we have been for as long as I can remember supporting Liverpool.
The first match you saw when you watched them on the TV? I can't remember exactly, but I am sure it was against Celtic in the UEFA Cup.
The best game that you've seen from them? The best I have ever seen us play was against Arsenal in 2014.
The best moment of your football team? 2015 Champions League Final, no question.
Who has been your favourite player to have played for the club? There's been so many.. Owen, Gerrard, Torres.. but my favourite has to be Suarez.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 26 2016, 09:31 PM
Post #3
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

Glory glory Man United for me!!

Why do you support that team? It was 'inherited'. My mum and her whole family are United supporters. My gran, who died when I was very young, was a season ticket holder and I'm now carrying on that tradition. I've grown up on stories my mum told me from when she used to go to see United with my gran way back in the day of terraces and hooligans. Nobody messed with my Gran, she carried a bloody brick in her handbag! laugh.gif
What do you think about the state of your team currently? The rebuild is in progress. Moyes did some good demo work and LVG built us some foundations...

...now the house is starting to come together. There are moments of great promise so we shall just wait and see how long it takes for Rooney to be axed for good.
The first match you saw when you watched them on the TV? f*** knows, mid 90s probably
The best game that you've seen from them? Recently would be the 20mins we demolished Leicester in. Of all time tho, f*** knows.
The best moment of your football team? Hard to single out a single moment of brilliance from the Fergie era given how trophy filled it was but probably doing the treble at the end of the 90s.
Who has been your favourite player to have played for the club? Ronaldo. Of the current crop probably Blind at the moment, and Ibra of course because Zlatan is just a machine.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Sep 26 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

My favourite team is Manchester United

Why do you support that team?

At first there was influence from my mum who has supported Man United since the 1970's and despite my dad being an Arsenal supporter I sided with Man Utd. I eventually grew to really like the way the played football at the time and now I've supported them for so long that I have an emotional attachment to them that will never be broken.

What do you think about the state of your team currently?

Ever since Sir Alex Ferguson left we have been a shadow of our former selves and haven't recovered from the loss of the greatest manager in the history of football (in my opinion) but we did some good business in the summer and I think we will improve over the next few years and possibly win the Premier League within the next few years if not this season.

The first match you saw when you watched them on the TV?
I'm not too sure who it was against but it was a Champions League match on ITV in the 1990's. The first thing I remember seeing of Manchester United was Eric Cantona's FA Cup winning goal in 1996.

The best game that you've seen from them?

The 7-1 win against Roma in the Champions League in 2007 was the best performance I've seen. But the most special match will be mentioned in the next question...........

The best moment of your football team?

Seeing them win the treble in 1999 but the Champions League final against Bayern Munich in particular. I was a kid in Primary School when this took place and I remember crying for most of the match when Bayern Munich were winning 1-0 thinking that we were going to lose. Then when Teddy Sheringham equalised in stoppage time I was jumping up and down and shouted as loud as I could with my mum. When Ole Gunnar Solskjær scored the winner the same thing happened again and I ended up going to school the next morning with a headache laugh.gif

Who has been your favourite player to have played for the club?
Probably Ryan Giggs for his longevity

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Sep 27 2016, 11:56 AM
Post #5
Nah.
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Carlisle United of course.

My dad has supported them for 60 years and counting and I am continuing the tradition.

Can't remember seeing many games on television, usually lose in front of the cameras and I certainly do not remember the first time.

Best moment I recall was Wembley victory on TV (not the first). I went to (both the old Wembley and the new), we lost on both occasions and then won when I wasn't there.

Most nerve wracking time I recall was Carlisle's Northern area final 2nd leg in (Johnstone's Paint Trophy as it used to be). 4-0 up from the home leg and we lose 3-0 in the away leg. The last few minutes of that game was clutching at my hair (what was left of it)...

I don't go to the games anymore, they are too far to get to. I do recall a win at Southend sometime ago..

The state of the team is very good, unbeaten in the League. We need more wins than the draws we have mostly obtained so far...

Probably Danny Grainger, the captain who organised the team's contribution to helping the victims of the floods. Ian Harte is another that springs to mind as he was a defender who outscored the striker one season.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Flatcap: Sep 27 2016, 12:00 PM

+Quote Post
richie
post Sep 27 2016, 12:31 PM
Post #6
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

Sunderland

•Why do you support that team?

Exactly. Ok, family ties.

•What do you think about the state of your team currently?

They are their own worst enemy. At one point it was a ridiculous number of own goals, now it seems to be playing for the first 60 minutes then going completely to pieces in the last 30. Even the annual purple patch in April and May is becoming tedious now and it'd be nice if they could hang on to a manager for any length of time.

•The first match you saw when you watched them on the TV?

No idea. Probably their first season in the Premier in the derby. I do remember listening to the game live on the radio when they were in the 1985 Milk Cup final against Norwich.

•The best game that you've seen from them?

Probably when they beat Chelsea 3-0 a few years ago. That or take your pick from the past few derbies.

•The best moment of your football team?

Before I was born, but easily the 1973 FA Cup win over Leeds.

•Who has been your favourite player to have played for the club?

Marco Gabbiadini (late 80s)

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Oct 2 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #7
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Manchester United

•Why do you support that team?

A massive fan of the team of the treble of 1999 and since then always followed them. My mum was also a Man United supporter.

•What do you think about the state of your team currently?

A team in progress following the ending of the Ferguson era

•The first match you saw when you watched them on the TV?

I think although I don't remember it well a vague idea it was the 1996 FA Cup Final against Liverpool

•The best game that you've seen from them?

The 8-2 win over Arsenal.

•The best moment of your football team?

The 1999 Champions League final. Football, bloody hell!

•Who has been your favourite player to have played for the club?

Very hard to pick but probably Cristiano Ronaldo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 AM