BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pete's EOY Top 100 2017, It has some good songs in it
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post 30th November 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

Apart from Gucci Gang, which I will give you as being crap, I absolute love the rest of your top 5 worst songs. kink.gif

I know you probably don't want to know but Boujee is the 'cool' way to say bourgeois. laugh.gif

Glad to see Sunstroke Project made #1 in your charts. Massive highlight during Eurovision this year.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 30th November 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #22
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I don't really mind Bad & Boujee now but good call on Rockstar & Gucci Gang. Like I don't understand the point of them.
QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Nov 29 2017, 02:28 PM) *
yep hate every one of those 5, especially Gucci Gang, like I don't even get how someone could actually listen to that and get enjoyment from it, just PRAYING it doesn't get as huge here as in the states
yaaaaas feel sorry for me

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 30th November 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

The mainstream song of the year is so great!
It's my favourite song from JP Cooper so far!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 1st December 2017, 01:39 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I love 'Congratulations', 'Rockstar' and 'XO TOUR LLIF3' sad.gif but 'Gucci Gang' is atrocious so I'll forgive you x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 1st December 2017, 01:50 AM
Post #25
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hate all 5 of your hate chart as well! cheer.gif (and September song as well oops kink.gif)

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 1st December 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #26
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Bad And Boujee, XO Tour Llif3 and Rockstar have something in common.
They all had a review from Rap Critic.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 1st December 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Flooded by replies tongue.gif Thanks everyone! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Josh! @ Nov 30 2017, 08:05 PM) *
I can already tell this is going to be my favourite EOY to read this year, I'm creased at the picture references and your commentary is fab too laugh.gif wub.gif

I'm glad Bad and Boujee made it in the hate chart over your other two contenders! I think the others are bops tbh but I barely remember how this even goes, shocked it was such a huge hit in the US when they've had better singles/features for sure.

I like the whole top five of the hate chart aside from that though, oops! But at least "Congratulations" would be my second least favourite so I'm kind of pleased at that winning (losing?) laugh.gif

The picture references stop here I'm afraid, glad you've liked them though! Thanks Josh!

QUOTE(D0bz @ Nov 30 2017, 07:41 PM) *
ALL of those 5 in your hate chart are amazing kink.gif (well l except for Gucci Gang but I still enjoy it somewhat).

Your mainstream song pick makes up for that tho, still a great track!

Glad you like September Song though - holds up so well! Thanks Dobbo!

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Nov 30 2017, 08:21 PM) *
Apart from Gucci Gang, which I will give you as being crap, I absolute love the rest of your top 5 worst songs. kink.gif

I know you probably don't want to know but Boujee is the 'cool' way to say bourgeois. laugh.gif

Glad to see Sunstroke Project made #1 in your charts. Massive highlight during Eurovision this year.

Third one in a row where you love the worst songs sad.gif Bourgeois just means posh really doesn't it? 'Bad and Posh' sounds like a rubbish name for a song (but a great name for a double-act) Thanks Lewis!

QUOTE(Cody Cranberry @ Nov 30 2017, 10:02 PM) *
I don't really mind Bad & Boujee now but good call on Rockstar & Gucci Gang. Like I don't understand the point of them.

To annoy people I think laugh.gif Yeah I agree with you there. Thanks Cody!

QUOTE(sergejdordij98 @ Nov 30 2017, 10:18 PM) *
The mainstream song of the year is so great!
It's my favourite song from JP Cooper so far!

Same! Still waiting for a song from him that matches it in any way sad.gif Thanks Sergej!

QUOTE(Slade @ Dec 1 2017, 01:39 AM) *
I love 'Congratulations', 'Rockstar' and 'XO TOUR LLIF3' sad.gif but 'Gucci Gang' is atrocious so I'll forgive you x

Oops, the fourth person in this string of replies sad.gif Glad you fell the same about Gucci Gang though. Thanks Jade!

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Dec 1 2017, 01:50 AM) *
Hate all 5 of your hate chart as well! cheer.gif (and September song as well oops kink.gif)

I hope there are some songs in my Top 100 you like tongue.gif Glad you're annoyed with the trap-fest as well though. Thanks Sam!

QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Dec 1 2017, 03:50 PM) *
Bad And Boujee, XO Tour Llif3 and Rockstar have something in common.
They all had a review from Rap Critic.

Nice to know! Thanks Dalek!

*aaaand relax*

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 1st December 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #28
Group icon

Album of the Year - Declan McKenna - What Do You Think About the Car

Charting Songs from This Album:
01 The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home
03 Brazil
03 Why Do You Feel So Down?
08 Humongous
87 Mind

It might seem weird but coming into 2017 I really didn't rate this guy. I mean, I knew he existed, but I was just a bit like 'ugh, another kid doing odd music'. Then January comes along and The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home dropped, and I was completely taken by both the song and its message. Then he followed up with a re-release of Brazil, which now sounded just as good, an incredibly catchy piece of music. After Humongous the album dropped, so I could re-hear all the other great songs on the album, and for the first time since Lukas Graham's self-titled, album tracks in the form of Why Do You Feel So Down and Mind charted in the Top 100! I'm really looking forward to new music from him!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 2nd December 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #29
Group icon

Honourable Mention: Linkin Park - One More Light

Peak: 04 / Month of Peak: September 2017

Linkin Park's Chart History:
2017 23 Talking To Myself
2017 45 Heavy (Linkin Park ft. Kiiara)
2017 04 One More Light

So, unfortunately this year we lost another star this year in the form of Chester Bennington. I don't think it hit me as hard as it hit some, but I did enjoy Linkin Park's songs when I was younger and I did know a lot of their songs without realising. It was about a month later when they released this as a proper tribute, and this did really resonate with me. It wasn't just the reason for the release, it was the message of the song iteslf - that every death affects someone, however insignificant it might feel to the rest of us. RIP Chester, you will be missed.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 3rd December 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #30
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Amazing choice there, One More Light is beautiful wub.gif Might be worthy of a mention in my thread too so I'm glad you reminded me of it!

I hope to recognize a fair amount of the songs in your top 100 tongue.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd December 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #31
Group icon

QUOTE(Riser @ Dec 3 2017, 12:41 AM) *
Amazing choice there, One More Light is beautiful wub.gif Might be worthy of a mention in my thread too so I'm glad you reminded me of it!

I hope to recognize a fair amount of the songs in your top 100 tongue.gif

Indeed wub.gif Such a brilliant and touching choice of release. Thanks Jordan!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd December 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #32
Group icon

Honourable Mention: Relient K - Candy Hearts

Peak: 34 / Month of Peak: September 2017

Relient K's Chart History:
2017 34 Candy Hearts

Now you're probably wondering why on earth a song that peaked at #34 has been given an honourable mention. The answer is simple - it currently holds the record for the most weeks (21) spent in the Top 100 of my chart (I mean it's now joint leader with Lost Frequencies but he's going to be making another appearance so he doesn't need this tongue.gif ). I think it was Jacob who first introduced me to this band, but by the time I discovered this existed I was already almost 5 months out of it. My original plan was to enter it low and then immediately drop it out so that it at least got a chart position, but then it just kept growing on me. It finally hit the Top 40 on New Format week (giving it another lease of life as it had fallen to 97 the week before), and it only just dropped out of the Top 100 this week. So there you go wink.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd December 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #33
Group icon

Honourable Mention: The Kooks - Be Who You Are

Peak: 05 / Month of Peak: May 2017

The Kooks' Chart History:
2017 05 Be Who You Are
2017 12 Broken Vow

So this year, The Kooks came back! Even if it was just for two songs to be featured on a 'Best Of' album. This was the first of those two songs, and really took me back to the 00s when this sort of amazing music was still a thing in the charts. A really catchy chorus, and all the indie-components needed for me to love this song, but clearly they're no longer chart contenders as this sort of music has now been replaced by the sort of music that fills up all of my 2017 Worst Songs. Their follow-up, Broken Vow, reached #12 but gains the 'Comically Swift Chart-Run' award once I'd realised what the song was actually about.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd December 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #34
Group icon

Honourable Mention: Jessie Ware - Selfish Love

Peak: 03 / Month of Peak: October 2017

Jessie Ware's Chart History:
2017 03 Selfish Love
2017 68 Alone

Another artist I had no feelings whatsoever for until a few months ago, when I heard this. This really hit me, once again being the same sort of sound I listened to when I was young. At one point I was certain this was going to be #1, but then Oceans and Lukas Graham had other ideas. Unfortunately I then 'went off' it quite quickly, spending a mere 5 weeks in the Top 40. The 'proper' single 'Alone' was also a very good song, but not good enough to reach the Top 40 in my chart.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 3rd December 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Both of the Linkin Park singers released after the Chester news will be in my eoy. I haven't actually watched the video yet. not sure I can bring myself too atm as it feels so unreal sad.gif one more light is lovely though.

September Song too is a great song <3 also will be in my eoy!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd December 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #36
Group icon

Honourable Mention: Axwell /\ Ingrosso - More Than You Know
(this is the last one I promise)

Peak: 10 / Month of Peak: July 2017

Axwell /\ Ingrosso's Chart History:
2016 03 Thinking About You
2017 10 More Than You Know

A dance song at last! You'd almost think I wasn't a dance fan tongue.gif It did only peak at #10, but this is one of the reasons I switched to my new format - by the time I really liked this song, my systematic OCD-craving self had already thrown it down to #21 and a run of 10-21-5 would have probably made my brain explode. Words cannot describe how delighted I was at this going Top 40, and it's missed out on my Top 100 by one place!

This post has been edited by PeteFromLeeds: 3rd December 2017, 03:12 PM

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd December 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #37
Group icon

QUOTE(Rob S @ Dec 3 2017, 02:59 PM) *
Both of the Linkin Park singers released after the Chester news will be in my eoy. I haven't actually watched the video yet. not sure I can bring myself too atm as it feels so unreal sad.gif one more light is lovely though.

September Song too is a great song <3 also will be in my eoy!

Glad you like these songs! One More Light is such a good song, such a shame this is how it was released sad.gif Thanks Rob!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 3rd December 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

More Than You Know wub.gif same thing happened to me lol, cus the week after it peaked at 8 was when it really hit me but I already dropped it down to 15 and I couldn't have it go 8-15-3 or something ://

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th December 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I do like Jessie Ware's output this era, but it isn't QUITE as strong as previous offerings, it feels like something is missing.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 4th December 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #40
Group icon

#100: Throttle - Found You (Make Me Yours)

Peak: 03 / Month of Peak: July 2017

Throttle's Chart History:
2017 03 Found You (Make Me Yours)
2017 17 Tell Me You Love Me (Galantis & Throttle)

So let's kick things off! As a side note, I'd forgotten to include one of my #1s so I've just added it in now, if anyone was looking forward to seeing Bublé in the Top 100 you've got a song about a llama to thank for ruining your dreams. Anyway, in at #100 is Throttle's first single to hit my charts, 'Found You'. It's one of those with a drop that's really catchy but is just made up of vocals that make no sense whatsoever, but the high-pitched vocals in their entirety make this song for me I think. The video also caught my attention, you don't tend to get videos with a guy and a massive teddy bear going clubbing nowadays. His next single is a collab with Galantis, which mayyy be appearing a bit later on wink.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 02:53 AM