BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How will streaming affect One Direction?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 24th August 2014, 01:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

So as we all know, streaming is included in the singles chart now. Do we think this will have a good or bad effect on them in the long run?

I feel it would most definitely benefit their big hits like WMYB, Story of My Life, etc. by giving them longevity even if their peak *may* be a little lower (well, not in the case of WMYB). I think Little Things could potentially have missed #1 due to how close it was between them and Bruno but he was a new entry too, so it would've been close still. Fairly sure Midnight Memories wouldn't have made it into the top 40, #39 is just way too close for comfort and no doubt some of the big hits were sat just outside with bigger streaming sales.

I think in the long run, they may end up peaking a fair bit lower with post-album singles, but the pre-album singles will still be top 3 hits as long as they've got the huge loyal fanbase.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 24th August 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #2
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
User: 20,799

It won't.

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 24th August 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #3
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
User: 20,799

kink.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 24th August 2014, 10:47 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

I think it will definitely have an affect on them. I can't see the average streamer being a One Direction fan or vice versa. I'm not saying it will lose them 10 or 15 places (cough Sats cough) but in a close week like Joseph said, it could make all the difference between a comfortable number 1 and an unlucky number 2.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:03 PM