BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Heartstopper, Netflix | season 1 out now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 21st May 2022, 12:08 AM
Post #21
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Such a pleasant surprise to have two seasons confirmed at the same time! wub.gif Phenomenal!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 21st May 2022, 10:21 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I binged watched the whole thing in one go last night, was up until 2am watching it (haven't been up since midnight in forever haha)... loved it what a great heartwarming series! Thanks for the rec Jay!!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd May 2022, 09:46 AM
Post #23
Group icon

QUOTE(spiceboy @ May 21 2022, 11:21 AM) *
I binged watched the whole thing in one go last night, was up until 2am watching it (haven't been up since midnight in forever haha)... loved it what a great heartwarming series! Thanks for the rec Jay!!

wub.gif I’m really glad you enjoyed it! It’s always a good idea to listen to me teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th May 2022, 09:14 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

6 episodes in so far (I have been slowly watching one before work each morning - my patience lies with TV apparently) and it's adorable! Some parts have been painfully relatable - like down to my 15th birthday being spent in the exact same way as Charlie - going bowling and dating someone of the same gender on the down low laugh.gif I feel like a lot of time with my own thoughts in lockdown made me revisit a lot of feelings that had been locked away for years and this is triggering a lot of the same too. The representation is wonderful to see and the young (very talented, likeable) actors are adding to the authenticity. As a bisexual woman I'm intrigued to see how Nick's self-discovery journey will progress!

Loved reading everyone's posts in here heart.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd June 2022, 01:21 PM
Post #25
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I loved this so much. I found it emotionally intense to watch as well. Its wonderful that this could happen now. Honestly every character was a gift <3

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 19th June 2022, 11:17 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Came into my wife watching the final episode of this this morning. It’s not really aimed at the likes of me a straight middle aged man but really enjoyed the final scenes.

And the song at the end when they are on the beach after coming out I think was the wonderful Sunflower Bean if anyone wants to check their new album that came out in May 🥰

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 29th August 2022, 08:30 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Late to the party, but watched this all in one go today.

Was really good and extremely well played. Looking forward to Series 2... and 3 now biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th September 2022, 09:41 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Filming for Series 2 started yesterday...

Be interesting to see what is covered in Series 2 given Books 3 and 4 are meatier/ more happens then the first 2 volumes which Series 1 covered.

Wouldn't surprise me if Series 2 focussed just on Book 3 and setting up all the stuff that's in Book 4.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 14th September 2022, 10:20 AM
Post #29
Group icon

I'm just so excited to see more of it! I hope it can come out by late spring next year <3

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 14th September 2022, 12:25 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Kit's been a victim of trolling after being accused of queerbaiting as he seems to have a gf.

he is evidentally straight and feels quite coached in the "sexuality has no labels" school of media training all hetro man seem to have now.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th September 2022, 12:31 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Yeah bullied off of Twitter for holding hands with a female co-stars - by fans of show that is about respecting people's sexualities, not pressuring them into come out and being positive.

If he's straight, bi, gay, or figuring out what he is, why the hell does it matter and why do people of so-called 'fans' feel the need to comment on it anyway.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 14th September 2022, 06:11 PM
Post #32
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Sep 14 2022, 01:25 PM) *
Kit's been a victim of trolling after being accused of queerbaiting as he seems to have a gf.

he is evidentally straight and feels quite coached in the "sexuality has no labels" school of media training all hetro man seem to have now.

Not labelling your sexuality is ENTIRELY valid. Less of this ridiculous "straight until proven otherwise" attitude please.

The trolling is exposing how toxic parts of Twitter can be and how people like to gatekeep sexuality. Kit also literally plays a bisexual character, yet the idea of him potentially being bi (or any number of other sexualities of course) isn't even on the table, it's just woman = straight = queerbaiting.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 14th September 2022, 06:12 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

Wow this is sad to hear. Forcing someone off social media for a completely unfounded reason. The stans certainly know how to ruin things.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 14th September 2022, 06:34 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I'm with Joseph on this on, sexuality isn't as black and white as just woman = straight lol. Sexuality is so complex, and being attracted to one gender doesn't explicity mean one thing, it's things like this that make people scared to come out as gay or anything other than straight really. We should learn and do better.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 14th September 2022, 06:40 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Sep 14 2022, 07:34 PM) *
I'm with Joseph on this on, sexuality isn't as black and white as just woman = straight lol. Sexuality is so complex, and being attracted to one gender doesn't explicity mean one thing, it's things like this that make people scared to come out as gay or anything other than straight really. We should learn and do better.

100% agreed - what's even more ridiculous is that that's what Heartstopper is all about in the first place. The fans in question literally have learnt nothing from the show

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 14th September 2022, 06:43 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

It's a shame that people focus on such non issues like this, LGBTQ+ people get enough hate as it is, so to see the hatred coming from within our own community is so disappointing. And like the say, Heartstopper's whole premise is to accept people for who they are!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 14th September 2022, 06:46 PM
Post #37
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment in here. This is why visibility for sexualities beyond just straight & gay is so important and why the character of Nick Nelson was celebrated in the first place - bi representation on TV isn't good enough, not to mention sexualities that may be less common (but equally important + relevant to recognise). A show that was nothing more than a beacon of positivity for every aspect of LGBTQ+ should not be seeing this level of toxicity in its fandom sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 14th September 2022, 06:49 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'Queerbaiting' seems to be the latest term that twitter has ran with and diluted its meaning along the way. In this particular case - as you guys say - why does the default have to be so black and white just because a woman is in the picture? I do wish that bisexuality - and other sexualities that can be more invisible - was taken more seriously.

In more positive news I do look forward to Season 2 of Heartstopper as it's a comfort show for sure.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st January 2023, 06:06 PM
Post #39
Group icon

A deleted scene!

So sweet! I'm a little surprised that it got cut actually because I feel like it adds a bit more context about why Tao is not happy with Charlie, and the developing romantic feelings between him and Elle.

laugh.gif I loved this!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 2nd January 2023, 02:29 AM
Post #40
Group icon

That was hilarious! Hope S2 drops early in the year!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:00 PM