BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mack's #ThrowbackThursday Re-Up, This week: UB40, Mann/50 Cent, Usher
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 9th November 2023, 02:56 PM
Post #81
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

This Week:

1998- Brandy & Monica- The Boy Is Mine

The first song for this week is: 'The Boy Is Mine' which was the lead single from Brandy and Monica's second studio albums, Brandy being 'Never Say Never' and Monica's self-titled album. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK, in the US this would fare better where it would spend 13 weeks at #1 in the Billboard Hot 100. This would come 53rd in my Top 100 Songs of the 90s. This is a great song from them.

2000- Mystikal- Shake Ya Ass

Was used in:

2003- Blazin' Squad- Flip Reverse

Remember it for this particular performance on Top of The Pops:

'Flip Reverse' was the second single from Blazin' Squad's second studio album 'Now or Never'. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK. Blazin' Squad were a ten-piece group which featured Freek, Rocky B who is known to today's audience as Marcel who appeared on the third series of Love Island, Melo-D, Spike-E, Kenzie, Reepa, Krazy, Flava, Tommy-B, Strider. This probably isn't to everyone's taste but I enjoyed this from them. Kenzie would later appear on Celebrity Big Brother back in January 2005. As for Strider, Flava, Kenzie they would later form Friday Hill.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 7th December 2023, 02:33 PM
Post #82
Group icon

This Week:

1997- Somethin' For The People ft Triana & Tamara- My Love Is The Shhh!

1999- 702- Where My Girls At

2008- Alesha Dixon- The Boy Does Nothing

Commentary will follow.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 14th December 2023, 02:26 PM
Post #83
Group icon

This Week:

1992- Charles & Eddie- Would I Lie To You?

2008- Pussycat Dolls- I Hate This Part

2009- Jay Sean ft Lil Wayne- Down

This week, we have a UK #1 from Charles & Eddie, the second single from Pussycat Dolls' second studio album 'Doll Domination' which peaked at #12 in the UK and Jay Sean's most successful hit 'Down' which got to #1 in the Billboard Hot 100 and #3 in the UK.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 14th December 2023, 05:48 PM
Post #84
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Mack. @ Sep 26 2023, 03:08 PM) *
This Week:

1998- Melanie B ft Missy 'Misdemanor" Elliott- I Want You Back

The first song for this week is from Spice Girl Melanie B with his debut solo single 'I Want You Back' which featured US rapper Missy Elliott. This was released a single from the soundtrack to the film 'Why Do Fools Fall In Love'. This would go on and peak at #1 in the UK.
2008- Jennifer Hudson- Spotlight

'Spotlight' was the debut single from Jennifer Hudson from her eponymous debut album. This would go and peak at #11 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #24 in the Billboard Hot 100. This I remember correctly seemed to be played everywhere in the autumn of 2008.

2011- Wretch 32 ft Josh Kumra- Don't Go

'Don't Go' was the third single from UK rapper Wretch 32's debut album 'Black and White' this featured Josh Kumra. This would go and become Wretch 32's highest charting single and his only UK #1. For the featured artist Josh Kumra this would be his only UK hit. This would come 42nd in my Hip-Hop Songs of the 2010s.

MEL B!!!!

What an BOP!!!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th December 2023, 02:25 PM
Post #85
Group icon

This Week:

(Doing this two days early due to being busy on Thursday)

1982- Kool & The Gang- Get Down On It

'Get Down On It' was the third single from Kool & the Gang's thirteenth studio album 'Something Special'. This would go on and peak at #3 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #10. This is an classic from Kool & The Gang.

2002- Missy Elliott- Work It

'Work It' was the first single for Missy Elliott's fourth studio album 'Under Construction'. This was produced by Timbaland. This would go on and peak at #6 in the UK, in the US this would fare better by peaking at #2 in the Billboard Hot 100 where it stayed at #2 for ten weeks.

2010- Willow- Whip My Hair

'Whip My Hair' was the debut single for Willow Smith, she was 10 at the time when this was released. This would go and peak at #2 in the UK, narrowly missing out on breaking Helen Shapiro's record for the youngest female artist to have a UK #1. In the US this would peak at #11 in the Billboard Hot 100.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 20th December 2023, 05:29 PM
Post #86
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Willow - what an awful, awful song!! What wwre they thibkin, telling her to go for a solo career at 13?! Jesus H Christ!!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 11th January 2024, 01:25 PM
Post #87
Group icon

This Week:

1994- Brandy- I Wanna Be Down

This week, we have an debut single from R&B singer Brandy which was taken her self-titled debut album. This would go on and peak at #6 in the US. In the UK, this would originally peak at #44, in May 1995, this would re-released in the UK, where it would outpeak its original peak by peaking at #36, which would be Brandy's first UK Top 40 hit.

1998- Faith Evans- Love Like This

'Love Like This' was the lead single from Faith Evans' second studio album 'Keep The Faith. This would go on and peak at #7 in the Billboard Hot 100. In the UK this would peak at #24. This was later sampled heavily on Fatman Scoop's 2003 UK #1 'Be Faithful'. It is also based on a sample from Chic's 'Chic Cheer'.

Sampled by:

Sampled:

2001- City High- What Would You Do?

'What Would You Do' was the lead single for American hip-hop trio City High from their self-titled debut album. This would go on and peak at #3 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #8 in the Billboard Hot 100. This contains an sample of Dr Dre's 'The Next Episode'. This would their highest charting single for them in the UK and US.

Sample:

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 11th January 2024, 04:47 PM
Post #88
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Late to seeing but Love 'I Hate This Part' <3

'What Would You Do?' is a bop too!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 17th January 2024, 02:27 PM
Post #89
Group icon

This Week:

2007- T2 ft Jodie Aysha- Heartbroken

Which was 'sampled' by Digga D:

puke.gif

2009- Alicia Keys- Doesn't Mean Anything

2010- Far East Movement ft The Cataracs & Dev- Like A G6

This week, we have T2 ft Jodie Aysha, Alicia Keys and Far East Movement.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 23rd January 2024, 01:51 PM
Post #90
Group icon

This Week: (Doing this 2 days earlier as busy on Thursday)

1993- Snoop Dogg- Who Am I (What's My Name?)

'Who Am I? (What's My Name?) was the debut single from US rapper Snoop Dogg from his debut album 'Doggstyle'. This was produced by Dr Dre. This would go on and peak at #8 in the Billboard Hot 100. In the UK this would chart at #20.

2000- The Baha Men- Who Let The Dogs Out

I apologize not an popular choice but it is 'Who Let The Dogs Out' from Bahamian band Baha Men. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK, where it would be the fourth biggest-selling single of 2000. In the US this would peak at #40 in the Billboard Hot 100. In darts this was used as walk-on music for former BDO world champion Scott Mitchell whilist holding a toy dog on his lead.

2005- Simon Webbe- No Worries

'No Worries' was the second single from Blue band member Simon Webbe's debut album 'Sanctuary'. This would go on and peak at #4 in the UK. This would equal his highest charting single alongside 'Lay Your Hands'. Out of the Blue solo careers he would be the only band member who would have multiple Top 10 singles. Haven't heard this for a long time but this sounds great from Simon Webbe.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 1st February 2024, 02:08 PM
Post #91
Group icon

This Week:

2004- Usher ft Alicia Keys- My Boo

2004- Ice Cube ft Mack 10 & Ms.Toi- You Can Do It

2009- Chipmunk ft Talay Riley- Look For Me

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 8th February 2024, 02:09 PM
Post #92
Group icon

This Week:

1987- Beastie Boys- (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)

(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) was the fourth single from the Beastie Boys debut album 'Licensed to III'. This would go on and peak at #11 in the UK, in the US this would fare better by peaking at #7 in the Billboard Hot 100.

1993- Janet Jackson- Again

'Again' was the third single from Janet Jackson's fifth studio album 'Janet'. This would go on and peak at #6 in the UK, in the US this would fare better by peaking at #1 in the Billboard Hot 100 where it would stay for two weeks. In 2010, this would sampled by two-hit wonder Iyaz from his second single 'Solo'.

Featured on end credits of 'Poetic Justice':

Was sampled by:

2011- JLS- Do You Feel What I Feel?

'Do You Feel What I Feel' was the third single from JLS' third studio album 'Jukebox'. This would sample a Christmas song in 'Do You Hear What I Hear'. This would peak at #16 in the UK.

Sampled:

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 15th February 2024, 01:34 PM
Post #93
Group icon

This Week:

1992- Wreckx N Effect- Rump Shaker

Which sampled

Which was sampled in 2006 by:

2010- Black Eyed Peas- The Time (Dirty Bit)

Which sampled this:

2014- John Legend- All of Me

This week we have Wreckx N Effect 'Rump Shaker, a UK #1 hit for Black Eyed Peas with 'The Time (Dirty Bit) and a 2014 UK #2 hit from John Legend.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 22nd February 2024, 02:31 PM
Post #94
Group icon

This Week:

1996- Ginuwine- Pony

'Pony' was the debut single from US R&B singer Ginuwine's debut album. This would go on and peak at #16 in the UK, in the US this would fare better by peaking at #6 in the Billboard Hot 100. This had a resugrence thanks to the 2012 film "Magic Mike" and would feature in all three of the Magic Mike films. In 2015 this would get a house remake from Tough Love who collaborated with Ginuwine where it would peak at #39 in the UK.

Tough Love Version:

2005- Akon- Lonely

'Lonely' was the second single from Akon's debut album 'Trouble'. This would sample Bobby Vinton's 'Mr Lonely' which was done in an unnecessary Chipmunk song. This would go on and peak at #1 in the UK where it would knock off the Comic Relief juggernaut from that year that was '(Is This The Way To) Amarillo'. 'Lonely' would stay at #1 for two weeks. In the US this would peak at #4 in the Billboard Hot 100. I have to say although I'm probably in the minority on Buzzjack but I'm a fan of this.

2012- Pitbull ft TJR- Don't Stop The Party

'Don't Stop The Party' was the third single from Pitbull's seventh studio album 'Global Warming'. This would feature American DJ TJR. This would go on and peak at #7 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #17 in the Billboard Hot 100. 'Don't Stop The Party' is particularly very well-known in the world of darts as it is the walk-on music for flamboyant two-time PDC World Champion Peter "Snakebite" Wright.

Peter "Snakebite" Wright Walk-on

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 22nd February 2024, 03:41 PM
Post #95
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

'All of Me' *.* the song that he played at Kim and Kanye's wedding at the time jameela.jpg

'No Worries' is great.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 23rd February 2024, 02:01 PM
Post #96
Group icon

QUOTE(Roba. @ Feb 22 2024, 04:41 PM) *
'All of Me' *.* the song that he played at Kim and Kanye's wedding at the time jameela.jpg

'No Worries' is great.

Hi Roba,

Many thanks for commenting, smile.gif

Something I didn't know until yesterday that John Legend played 'All of Me' at Kim and Kanye's wedding at the time.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 29th February 2024, 12:42 PM
Post #97
Group icon

This Week:

1983- Michael Jackson- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

'P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing' was the sixth single from Michael Jackson's sixth solo album 'Thriller'. This would go on and peak at #11 in the UK, in the US this would fare one place better by peaking at #10 in the Billboard Hot 100. This was sampled in 2007 by Kanye West on his hit 'Good Life' which featured rapper T-Pain.

Sampled by:

1989- Soul II Soul ft Caron Wheeler- Back to Life (However Do You Want Me)

'Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) was the second single from their debut album 'Club Classics Vol. One'. This would feature British singer Caron Wheeler. This would go on and peak at #1 in the UK where it would stay there for four weeks, in the US this would peak at #4 in the Billboard Hot 100.

[b]1997- R Kelly- I Believe I Can Fly

This from disgraced singer R.Kelly, he is now locked up for 31 years for jail for after being found guilty of eight counts of sex trafficking and one of racketeering in a New York court.

Months later, he was convicted of child sexual abuse in a second federal trial in Chicago.

Enough said.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th March 2024, 01:05 PM
Post #98
Group icon

This Week: (Doing this 2 days earlier as busy on Thursday)

2002- Aaliyah- More Than A Woman

The first song for this week is from Aaliyah which was released posthumously following her untimely death in a plane crash she was just 22. This was taken from her self-titled third studio album. This would go on and peak at #1 in the UK becoming the first female artist to obtain a posthumous number-one single in the UK. In the US this would peak at #25 in the Billboard Hot 100. This is perfection this song and the music video thanks to production from Timbaland.

2004- Kelis- Milkshake

'Milkshake' was the lead single from Kelis' third studio album 'Tasty'. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK where it stay there for four consecutive weeks denied for the #1 spot by Pop Idol's Michelle twice, LMC vs U2 twice. In the US this would peak at #3 in the Billboard Hot 100. That time when I was younger when I thought she singing about milkshakes but it is something very different.

2004- Jamelia- Thank You

'Thank You' was the third single from Jamelia's second studio album 'Thank You'. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK where it would be denied for the #1 spot by the revival of Peter Andre.... This would be Jamelia's highest-chart single in the UK. Such a fantastic song this is from Jamelia, not heard this in a while.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 11th March 2024, 03:25 PM
Post #99
Group icon

This Week: (Doing this 3 days earlier as busy this week)

1989- Michael Jackson- Leave Me Alone

'Leave Me Alone' was the eighth single to be released outside of North America from his seventh studio album 'Bad'. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK, in 2006 this would be re-released where it would chart at #15 in the UK.

2006- Nelly ft Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp- Grillz

'Grillz' was from rapper Nelly which featured Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp. This would chart in the UK at #24, in the US this would fare better by peaking at #1 in the Billboard Hot 100. Probably in the UK people were unfamilar with what a 'grill is'. Grill is a type of dental jewelry which is worn over the teeth. I vaguely remember this from Nelly. This would sample Destiny's Child 'Soldier'.

Sampled:

2007- Nelly Furtado- Say It Right

'Say It Right' was the fourth single to be released in Europe from her third studio album 'Loose' and the third single in the US. This would go on and peak at #10 in the UK and become the first song at the time to chart in the Top 10 without an physical release, it was download only. In the US this would fare better by peaking at #1 in the Billboard Hot 100 where it stay there for an week. This is an classic song from Nelly Furtado and also thanks to Timbaland for producing this.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st March 2024, 12:22 PM
Post #100
Group icon

This Week:

1995- Outhere Brothers- Don't Stop (Wiggle Wiggle)

'Don't Stop (Wiggle Wiggle) was the debut single for the Outhere Brothers. This would go on and become their first UK #1 where it would stay there for 1 week, it had 5 weeks at #2 during its chart run.

2002- City High ft Eve- Caramel

'Caramel' was the second single from City High's self-titled debut album. This would feature rapper Eve. This would go on and peak at #9 in the UK, in the US this would peak at #18 in the Billboard Hot 100. Can't say that I've heard at all over the last few years. This would be their second and last hit. A decent guest rap appearance from Eve.

2003- Jennifer Lopez ft LL Cool J- All I Have

'All I Have' was the second single from Jennifer Lopez's third studio album 'This Is Me... Then'. This would go on and peak at #2 in the UK, in the US this would fare better by peaking at #1 in the Billboard Hot 100 where it would stay at #1 for 4 weeks. This has a guest appearance in the music video from boxing champion Lennox Lewis. This would sample 'Very Special' by Debra Laws.

Sampled:

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:44 AM