BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Funhouse Rate Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Frank!
post 20th March 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 761
Glad it's all your fault made it this high biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Frank!
post 20th March 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
My prediction:

5 - Please Don't Leave Me
4 - Bad Influence
3 - Funhouse
2 - Sober
1 - So What

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 22nd March 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #43
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
I love It's All Your Fault. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Frank!
post 23rd March 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Me too wub.gif it's really my fave from this album

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 23rd March 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
Bad Influence
Highest Score: 10 [lukuzz, aled, aidan, trouble,aaron, james, jonjo] Lowest Score: 5 [so called chaos]

Bad Influence was writen by Pink, Butch Walker, Billy Mann, MachoPsycho. And is the opening song to the Funhouse Tour.

This post has been edited by *Trouble*: 23rd March 2009, 08:11 PM

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 23rd March 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Please Dont Leave Me
Highest Score: 11 [jonny, jonjo] Lowest Score: 5 [so called chaos]

Please Don't Leave Me" was co-written by Pink and famed pop songwriter/producer Max Martin, who handled the production as well for the track. It is one of four songs from the album produced by Max Martin, with the number one single "So What" being another of the four. The song is a mid-tempo track that details a love-hate relationship. Pink sings of someone having a bad effect on her, yet not being able to let go of the person. She insists during the chorus, "I always say how I don't need you, but it's always gonna come right back to this, please don't leave me."

The song was one of the first three to be heard and performed off of Funhouse, being performed along with "So What" and second single, "Sober", live on Much Music, prior to the album's release.

The song is the third single from Funhouse.

The music video for "Please Don't Leave Me" was shot in late 2008, leaked to the internet on January 23, 2009, and officially premiered on Pink's YouTube channel on January 27, 2009. It was directed by Dave Meyers. A highly unique and unusual music video, it draws influences from the 1990 Stephen King based film Misery, as well as other similar thrillers. It utilizes both the horror/thriller genre, while also being interpretable as a dark comedy. In the week beginning February 27 the video was named Channel V's 'Ripe' clip of the week.

The male lead in the video was portrayed by actor Eric Lively. Brian Christensen served as stunt coordinator, Nikki Hester as stunt double for Pink, and Justin Sundquist as stunt double for Eric Lively.

It begins inside Pink's house, where after a fight with her boyfriend, she is shown trying to stop him from packing his stuff in preparation to leave. He exits the bedroom with his bags, and as he reaches the stairway Pink pleads with him to stay. He refuses and turns to leave. As he does so, he slips on some marbles on the floor and endures a rough fall down the stairs. He sees Pink coming towards him down the stairs, with an innocent expression on her face, and faints. He awakens, bruised and swollen in bed with Pink dressed in a nursing type of uniform, stitching up one of his wounds. She dances suggestively for him, while he tries to grasp for the telephone at the bedside, only to have Pink smash his kneecaps with a golf club (a direct imitation of one of the scenes from the aforementioned movie Misery).

Pink is then shown in the kitchen preparing a salad, rapidly and angrily chopping the vegetables with a large knife. Her boyfriend awakens in bed, and attempts to sneak out through the door, but Pink catches him at the doorway. She gives him a bewildered look while holding the bowl of salad, as he debates whether or not he can escape. He opens the door, only to be instantly attacked by one of Pink's dogs. He is next shown opening his eyes to Pink's face yet again, as she paints his face with clownish makeup, while he sits in a wheelchair. She is wearing another lavish outfit. His hands are tied, and he is bruised and battered almost beyond recognition. Pink grabs his wheelchair, spins it around a few times and pushes it off a high step, seeming to enjoy herself in the process. He flies out of the chair, into a room filled with carnival themed objects such as horses used in a merry go round and various dolls. Pink lays on top of him, acting completely innocent, and kissing his cheek. He manages to crawl out from under and begins to attempt another escape.

Pink chases him into the garage, where she grabs an axe and continues to stalk him through the house. He reaches the upstairs bathroom, and shuts the door just in time to block Pink charging psychotically down the hallway with the axe. The axe breaks through the wood, leaving a hole in the door. Pink looks in though the hole (a direct imitation from the Stephen King-based film The Shining), as the man grabs a spray can, spraying her in the eyes. Blinded, she flails backwards, and slips on the marbles from the beginning of the video, falling over the upstairs railing. The final scene shows the paramedics taking the man out on a stretcher, and Pink lying on the floor with her leg broken and the axe beside her. She gives him one final look of desperation not to leave as he is wheeled out, before blowing a kiss to the camera with a comically, psychotic look on her face.

The music video first aired on UK television on 4Music on March 8th, 2009 at 10:45pm. It showed the full video, uncensored.

This post has been edited by *Trouble*: 23rd March 2009, 08:13 PM

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 23rd March 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

Sober
Highest Score: 11 [lukuzz, nick f1] Lowest Score: 6 [so called chaos]

Pink wrote this song at a party hosted at her home, where everyone was drunk or drinking except for her, and she wanted them all to leave. She went to the beach and had a line in her head saying "How do I feel so good sober?". Eventually it had nothing to do with alcohol but with identities. "How do I feel so good with just me, without anyone to lean on?", Pink says in an interview. She also stated that the song was one of the darkest she wrote for the album. "Sober is a dark, kind of sad song. And it’s about the vices that we choose and I had this idea in my head, ‘Like how do I feel this good sober?...I don’t know it’s just a really, really personal beautiful song, one of my favorites

The music video was filmed in the last days of September in Stockholm, Sweden. A live video from London has been used in Australia and New Zealand to promote for the song until the official music video was released on November 25. It was directed by Jonas Akerlund.

The video starts with views from the city and then a little TV is turned on in Pink's bedroom and Pink appears in white. The song starts, and Pink is shown in the bedroom lying on the bed alone, and a girl is shown walking out of the door of the room. As the first verse starts, Pink is shown sitting on a sofa in a party where her doppelgänger is drunk and flirting with different girls and guys. Pink's doppelgänger is shown in the bathroom, throwing up. Pink enters the bathroom and sits beside her doppelgänger who seemed disturbed and then walks out. Pink is now lying on the bed, her doppelgänger calls her up, but Pink doesn't answer her cell. As the chorus begins, Pink is shown singing on her bed in her bedroom and on the sofa in the party. And then disturbing pictures of a white room where Pink is dressed with white outfit and wearing a white pageboy wig are shown. Verse 2 is sang in the same location. As the chorus starts again, Pink is shown walking in the room where the party was held where everybody is blacked out and drunk, including her doppelgänger. Various scenes from the video are then shown and the video ends with one of the Pinks walking out of the door of the bedroom leaving the other Pink alone.

The most controversial scene in the music video is a lesbian scene where Pink is making out with her doppelgänger. The scene starts as the bridge (music) starts, (Comin down, comin down, comin down...) and different clips of the love scene are shown at the end of the song. When shown on television, this scene is often cut or replaced.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 23rd March 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Funhouse
Highest Score: 11 [on your shore] Lowest Score: 6 [jonjo]

Funhouse is the title track to the album writen by Pink, Tony Kanal, Jimmy Harry. It is included in the Tour setlist and rumoured to be the forth single from the album.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 23rd March 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
So What
Highest Score: 11 [aled, aidan, aaron] Lowest Score: 8 [nick f1]

The song was written by Pink, Max Martin and Shellback. Martin also produced the track. Pink and Martin are responsible for their hit songs from Pink's previous album, including the US top-10 hits Who Knew and U + Ur Hand. In interviews, the singer stated that the song was not autobiographical, only a few aspects of the song were.

The melody and vocal delivery of the bridge section is a reminiscent of Cuz I Can, another released single by Pink.

The song was intended to be released to radio in the States later than its release date. As the song leaked on the internet, La Face Records decided to release the song on radio on August 18, 2008, as well as the digital version. The track was released on the American CHR on August 18, 2008. It was released digitally on American iTunes on August 19, 2008, and on September 2, it reached #1 on the store. The track has also peaked at #1 on iTunes Canada but they were instructed from SonyBMG that they were not to play it due to an international embargo on the track.

Meanwhile, in Australia, the song began receiving actual radio airplay from August 7 and was instantly on high rotation across both the Austereo and DMG Radio Australia networks. In New York, WHTZ better known as Z100 played the song on the morning show at 8:45am EST on the Elvis Duran and the Morning Zoo to great response.

The song was released in the UK on September 29, 2008. The song is currently on the A-list of BBC Radio 1 playlist.

It has been questioned whether Pink has something against singer Jessica Simpson, as this is the second time Simpson has been negatively referenced in a Pink single, the first being "Stupid Girls". Pink then said on the matter - "Everyone thinks I'm trashing Jessica Simpson, but I'm actually not at all, "I'm actually saying that she's cooler than me 'cause the waiter keeps taking my table and giving it to her." Pink was originally going to use "The pilot took my private jet and gave it to Haylie Duff" but it "wasn't as funny".

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 23rd March 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
Full Results & Points

Notice that some tracks got the same points, including Funhouse & So What biggrin.gif

So What 9.928571429
Funhouse 9.428571429
Sober 9.285714286
Please dont leave me 9.071428571
Bad influence 8.928571429
Its all your fault 8.785714286
Ave mary a 8.785714286
I dont believe you 8.5
Boring 8.285714286
Glitter in the air 8.142857143
Crystal ball 7.928571429
Mean 7.5
This is how it goes down 7.5
Why did i ever like you 6.428571429
One foot wrong 6.285714286

+Quote this post
Slick
post 23rd March 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #51
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I'm NOT happy that Sober and So What were Top 2. Please Don't Leave Me FTW.

+Quote this post
Frank!
post 24th March 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Thanks Laura biggrin.gif Great countdown

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 24th March 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254
Fantastic results IMO. Best song won.

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 24th March 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392
Defo not best song on album, but it's a good.

+Quote this post
Frank!
post 24th March 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
So What isn't my fave on the album... Great track, but deffo not the best on Funhouse imo

+Quote this post
Lee_J11
post 7th April 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #56
Group icon
You can call me Manboy
User: 488
Boring should have been higher...

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 12th April 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
think So What is a tad overated

+Quote this post
Aidan
post 12th April 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 6,246
A perfect Top 5. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 16th December 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Glitter In The Air was so slow on this and Funhouse way too high!!

However given how old this is I imagine people’s attitudes may have changed as mine definitely have!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 03:38 PM