BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Divergent Series: Allegiant, Release Date: 18.03.2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Sep 15 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Divergent" was one of my favourite movies of the last year and "Insurgent" was a very good sequel! The new film seems very intriguing! Robert Schwentke undertook the directing again! Allegiant – Part 1 will be released March 18, 2016!

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Sep 15 2015, 09:48 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Sep 15 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Can't wait for this! cheer.gif

Hype.

+Quote this post
post Sep 16 2015, 08:53 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I thought Divergent was pretty average and Insurgent was pretty much unwatchable (didn't it get like 25% on Rotten Tomatoes too? unsure.gif) 0. I hope they can improve on the last two, but I don't see it happening.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 16 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
EXCITED

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 14 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 14 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
These movies just keep losing me, I find it hard to keep track of who's on what side and what they're all fighting for. There was a bit more excitement towards the end that I got slightly more invested in but mainly I'm just here for Angel Elgort's beautiful face. And there's still another one to come!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Mar 14 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Hasn't this got 0% on Rotten Tomatoes?! mellow.gif

Thankfully I've never seen the movies, they look confusing and boring enough from the trailers alone!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 14 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
QUOTE(Jack @ Mar 14 2016, 06:49 PM) *
Hasn't this got 0% on Rotten Tomatoes?! mellow.gif

Thankfully I've never seen the movies, they look confusing and boring enough from the trailers alone!

Not that bad but still an utterly horrific 17% so far! (and considering it's only got 30 reviews I imagine it's going to drop lower with the US release this week laugh.gif). Flopping quite badly at the box office as well!

Don't know if I'm anticipating or dreading this, really hope they don't make a mess of this (again)!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Mar 14 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I noticed that it had 0% after the first 13-ish reviews, before picking up a tad laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Mar 14 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
This was such a let down, I really liked the first, I thought they did well with the second too even though it did deviate from the books, but this one just seemed to be all over the place, like they tried to do far too much with it and the storyline was just lost. I'll still go see the last one as I was a big fan of the books but I'm not holding out much hope in them redeeming it

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 15 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Owww, this was so disappointing. They just keep getting worse... Divergent I actually really liked, Inusrgent deviated too much from the book but this was just not enjoyable.

One of the main problems was how utterly fake the outside world looked, I know it's not a real place but it's difficult to empathise with characters who don't feel real because their world looks like a cardboad cutout. Some of the CGI was just terrible and took me out of the movie a lot.

Another problem was that Tris is actually quite a good character and well acted as well but much like the book, a major flaw is that Four starts to get a larger share of the story. It didn't work great in the book because Tris had the much more exciting storyline but it works even less here because Four in the films is so irritating and Theo James is just abysmal. This film definitely suffered from the lack of Tris and excessive amounts of Four.

The storyline was alright though, Peter continued to be great and had some funny quips that were enjoyable. Caleb is also quite good, it's a shame we don't see more of them.

Also what is with Jeff Daniels playing the same character in three movies within six months (The Martian, Steve Jobs and now this). I know typecasting is a thing but what boring roles. Also lol at the final shot of him behind Tris, a group of girls behind me started wetting themselves laughing, a really bad ending shot for a pretty bad film, quite fitting laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Apr 6 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Loved Divergent while Insurgent was a decent follow-up if a little slower and took multiple watches for me but I think this was just about as good as the first instalment, especially surprising for in essence what is a "part 1" which usually suffer from being a build-up to the better part 2. But this felt like very much a full instalment in itself and worthy of not being advertised as a part 1.

Shocked at the poor reviews for this, I think it's as much due to the fact that this genre has been overdone after The Hunger Games, Maze Runner, this and a few other one-offs (e.g. The Giver) and now that The Hunger Games is done there's less demand for something to fill the wait. I personally can't wait for Ascendant, shame to hear its budget has been slashed but hopefully it won't be noticeable.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 21 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Lionsgate is planning to wrap up the “Divergent Series” with a television movie and a spinoff series, Variety has learned.

Negotiations are in the early stages, but instead of having “The Divergent Series: Ascendant” open in theaters next year, the studio wants to wrap up the film series on the small screen, according to an individual with knowledge of the situation. That would then segue into a standalone television series set in the same post-apocalyptic world.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/divergen...ant-1201818694/

:')!

+Quote this post
Qween
post Jul 21 2016, 11:37 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
That's quite a shocking comedown really. None of them made MUCH money so I suppose they weren't really inclined to hope for the best with the final one (especially as other franchise closers recently haven't done more than their predecessors). I wonder if they'll be able to afford all the cast?

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 22 2016, 12:46 AM
Post #15
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Oh dear laugh.gif Honestly, I saw and quite liked the first one, but it didn't inspire me to see the rest and the constantly poor reviews haven't helped matters either. I think/hope this shows that NOT EVERY SODDING FRANCHISE NEEDS THE FINAL SPLIT INTO TWO FILMS A YEAR APART (ruined the Hunger Games for me honestly) and also just for these YA science-fiction dystopia novel to screen adaptations to be a bit more imaginative and inspired in the future, the concept of Divergent was intriguing, but in execution, it really was just Hunger Games lite.

I'd be surprised if there's enough interest to sustain a spin-off series really, that seems like just flogging a dead horse.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 22 2016, 12:49 AM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jul 24 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Is anyone really going to be here for a tv series of this though??

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post Oct 19 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513
Really really love all three books, and the whole reveal that it was a social experiment to get populations to have desirable characteristics was ingenious! BUT that whole concept gets lost in the movies and I have been really disappointed with how they've turned out so far. Divergent was pretty good and Insurgent was okay but Allegiant was just terrible, I don't think I'll even bother watching part 2 because I don't think it's going to be any better..it's a real shame because the books are great!

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jun 1 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Divergent: Allegiant" is the latest film of the "Divergent" series, which was released in domestic cinemas during last year's March. "Allegiant" is based on the third book of the homonymous best seller novel by Veronica Roth. Although I have not read the books yet, I really liked the two first films because they convinced me that Divergent is an interesting and exciting story. I believe that Shailene Woodley was the perfect choice for this role and Kate Winslet was so convincing as the villain of this case of film. The producers of "Allegiant" hoped to repeat the success of the first two films but it had a disappointing result in the Box Office.
Tris with Four and the other three companions -one of them is her brother-, go through the walls of Chicago, after earlier having escaped from the soldiers of Evelyn. However, what they face is a devastated place where there is no sign of human life. Despite this, the soldiers of Evelyn will go through those walls too and they will chase "divergents" in the desolate earth. Meanwhile, an unknown group of soldiers arrives and helps Tris and her companion. However, their intentions will not so pure as originally shown to "divergents". "Allegiant" was more a thinker than the previous films, but it had less action scenes, something I did not expect to see in the new chapter based on its official trailer. It may have stunning visuals effects, beautiful photography and nice editing, but its evolution is very likely to disappoint many fans of the series. Robert Schwentke took over the directing for the second time after his successful work in "Insurgent", Akiva Goldsman and Brian Duffeld dealt again with the script while two writers were added to the film coefficient, Noah Oppenheim and Adam Cooper. It could have had a clearly better result but the way the story is written, it would be a bit difficult to achieve. The truth is that it seemed to be somewhat different from the other dystopian films but it ultimately turned out to be like one of them, without necessarily being something bad/criticism all of this. I personally liked it.
"Divergent: Allegiant" is not in any way a bad movie although it received negative reviews worldwide. It just might have more action, tension and suspense as the story is about to reach its ending. It remains another movie. The producers followed the famous recipe -the last chapter split into two movies- to make more profits, thus creating a just result similar to that of Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1: meaningless dialogues, clichés and little action. However, the public did not “bite” this time. Its total receipts surely affected negatively the producers of the series but I hope we will see an epic finale to the last film of the "divergents".

+Quote this post
KatMus
post Jun 7 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #19
Group icon
New Entry
User: 32,923
I want to read books rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:10 PM