BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing right now?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Jan 6 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #1
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Simple, what games are you enjoying right now? Feel free to use this as a general chat topic and maybe a testing ground to see if any game you like could be spun off into a topic for itself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 6 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

I got Lego Marvel Superheros 2 for Crimbo so just started that. The fact She Hulk is a somehwat major character makes me moist tbh.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 6 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #3
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Civilisation 3 again! laugh.gif Playing as the Celts in the Medieval Europe campaign as I unlocked them as a playable civilisation using the editor!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jan 6 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #4
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Probably gonna get back into my normal DDR routine soon.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 6 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Snake @ Jan 6 2018, 06:41 PM) *
Civilisation 3 again! laugh.gif Playing as the Celts in the Medieval Europe campaign as I unlocked them as a playable civilisation using the editor!

Civ III! I tried playing that a few months ago but that's a bit retro even for me considering I started at IV and quickly went onto V.

I have my usual Paradox grand strategy games, feeling Crusader Kings 2 a bit more than Europa Universalis IV right now, I've got a good King Of Finland run going in the former where I'm trying to reform the Finnish pagan religion. In EUIV I'm just speeding as Poland until the end to get their 'Poland can into space' achievement, stopping occasionally to beat up on the Russians and the Ottomans.

I've also been working through some cheap indie games getting all of the achievements. Currently working on Gunpoint, a short little stealth platformer with a pretty self-aware sense of humour, I finished it but there's a few achievements left to go.

and I'm doing visual novels (Higurashi) as well

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jan 6 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #6
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 6 2018, 07:45 PM) *
Civ III! I tried playing that a few months ago but that's a bit retro even for me considering I started at IV and quickly went onto V.

I have my usual Paradox grand strategy games, feeling Crusader Kings 2 a bit more than Europa Universalis IV right now, I've got a good King Of Finland run going in the former where I'm trying to reform the Finnish pagan religion. In EUIV I'm just speeding as Poland until the end to get their 'Poland can into space' achievement, stopping occasionally to beat up on the Russians and the Ottomans.

I've also been working through some cheap indie games getting all of the achievements. Currently working on Gunpoint, a short little stealth platformer with a pretty self-aware sense of humour, I finished it but there's a few achievements left to go.

and I'm doing visual novels (Higurashi) as well

The Paradox ones are good. I like Europa Universalis - Rome the best.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 6 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 23,155

At the moment I’m of course playing Call of Duty: WWII.

They’ve done this SO right. Every thing feels real, especially compared to 2016’s Infinite Warfare. It’s definitely in my top 5 all time CoD titles, perhaps even top 3, but I haven’t really ranked them yet.

Also got Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for Christmas. I haven’t played much of it yet but I of course know it very well as I’ve played the original!

Also playing Sonic Forces. It isn’t worth money!

Also playing YoWorld (YoVille) still on a daily basis since 2009.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 6 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

Rome huh, now that's a name I don't hear often in the context of the EU series. That's kind of like an expansion to III, right? I have III but I just can't really go back to it because IV is so much better and it has achievements and is the absolute best game ever.

I've just bought Civ VI. mellow.gif I've been wanting to buy it since release and with it currently being easily past its lowest price ever PLUS six random other games to get in a month, subscribing to Humble Monthly to get it is a steal.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 6 2018, 11:04 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend

Do you play CoD Iz?

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 6 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lorde @ Jan 6 2018, 11:04 PM) *
Do you play CoD Iz?

I played Modern Warfare 1 and Black Ops 1 back in the day and I have MW2 on Steam for whenever I feel the urge to jump in a campaign but I don't really play it, not in multiplayer. Not really my scene sorry. I'm single-player and strategy oriented, which does make me incredibly NON-SOCIAL I know.

Like I'm interested in the campaigns (the campaigns of all three that I have played were rather good as far as FPSs go) and maybe maybe I'll pick up some of the newer ones at some indeterminate point but it and Assassin's Creed stand out to me as old bloated franchises that in the nicest way possible to not offend you as you seem to be a big fan, seem to be running out of ideas.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 6 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend

The CoD MW2 campaign is actually my all time favourite from the franchise! Incredible.

I’m more of an online player to be honest, so I guess we’re just polar opposites of each other laugh.gif

I do like some single-player gaming, but it doesn’t excite me as much as online gaming does.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 7 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Lorde @ Jan 6 2018, 10:59 PM) *
Also playing Sonic Forces. It isn’t worth money!

Omg it is SO disappointing, I'm quite a bit of a Sonic fan when they get it right but yet again this is a case of could've been amazing with so much potential. Everything that could have been amazing is so half assed, for example they've got the different facets of old Sonic, new Sonic and the custom character which bring so many different mechanics, but it would have been better if maybe they just focused on the Modern Sonic and refined the mechanics that brings. There's a lot of mechanics you just use a ciuole of times really and they easily could have just tried a little bit more and fleshed it out.

Its not terribke but it should be like a £10 indie game on Steam not a full price PS4 retail release game.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 7 2018, 12:10 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend

It cost me £29.99 IIRC! I low-key wish I returned it to get my money back. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 7 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I got it £32.99 in Game on release day drama.gif Both what we paid is really double what it's worth at best!

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 7 2018, 12:36 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend

I don’t mind paying a lot for games if they’re worth it. Like for example I paid £49 for the new Call Of Duty game, but it’s worth every penny!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 7 2018, 12:52 AM
Post #16
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

Right now I am pretty obsessed with Minecraft laugh.gif From playing online to playing single player and peacefully building my house. I quite like games that are peaceful although I do quite enjoy the opposite like tense or shoot em ups etc too.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 7 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #17
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I've just finished the original InFamous (I got it off Sony for that time like 10 years ago when the whole YLOD thing came about laugh.gif) so I've decided to start South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Loving it at the minute; the humour is exactly what I'd expect, and it's staying very true to the TV show so far. The gameplay is great as well (I love RPGs so that was a given)!

+Quote Post
Dircadirca
post Jan 7 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,614
   No Gallery Pics

At the moment I'm mostly cycling between the ultimate time sink that is Rocket League and the very confusing murder mystery visual novel that is Umineko When They Cry.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 10 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 6 2018, 07:45 PM) *
In EUIV I'm just speeding as Poland until the end to get their 'Poland can into space' achievement, stopping occasionally to beat up on the Russians and the Ottomans.

right, I was continuing this, I was getting quite bored of the game, but SUDDENLY, the ruler of Castile, the second greatest power after me, died, left his throne to Austria (as is only historically right, damn von Habsburgs) and I was able to challenge it in a succession war. I've never actually had the math work out so I'm the aggressor in a succession war and it's so much more challenging than being the defender. And this time I'm basically going to double my power in one fell swoop if I win.

Even when I assume I've played too much of this game it still surprises me. <3

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Jan 15 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Currently playing: Rocket League happy.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 PM