BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jesy Nelson talks Blackfishing & states LM are her sisters
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Perriechu
post 21st August 2021, 09:01 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885

QUOTE(Court @ Aug 21 2021, 08:06 PM) *
Context matters in this thread too, because no one was actually attacking Jesy or calling her homophobic. All that was said was it was a bit tone deaf and that maybe she should work on how she says things because what she did say can be easily misconstrued. And my comment about jumping to the defensive was specifically aimed at the poster who has actively been trying to shut down any critique of Jesy (including the valid blackfishing comments).

Of course, we can have discussions and engage in conversations about these things and not everyone’s going to feel the same way. But I i feel that comments like yours, actually explaining how you felt about what she said, are more helpful to those conversations than comments that just deflect to shut down any discussion that could be considered negative.

my comments about the homophobia/queerbaiting were more so aimed at the overall conversation i've seen regarding those comments (there hasn't been much but there's still conversation) so I really shouldn't have referred to them in this instance, i apologize for that

i'm trying to see both sides for Jesy, she was my fav for literally 10 years up until like 3/4 weeks ago when her blackfishing just tipped the scale, so i really want to support her, it's just difficult.

but yes I completely agree, critique against is allowed - honestly in all manner, her music might not even be great and things like that, we should be able to discuss her from both sides of the spectrum
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 22nd August 2021, 05:36 AM
Post #22
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I've got to say, I find it hugely disappointing that she's acknowledged the blackfishing and seems to grasp it's a wrong thing to do but seems intent on carrying on.

There's a whole swathe of public figures also doing this: Rita Ora, Ariana and pretty much the whole Kardashian clan. It's really messed up, why aren't they being told by people around them that it's actually not cool.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 22nd August 2021, 04:30 PM
Post #23
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I was shook to find out the Kardashians are white women tbh

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 22nd August 2021, 04:38 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Aug 22 2021, 05:30 PM) *
I was shook to find out the Kardashians are white women tbh

I always thought they were dark because of their Armenian descent and then I realized... their father was a Third-Generation Armenian-American... not quite the same.

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 22nd August 2021, 05:55 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

Were the last three episodes of little mix the search recorded before sweet melody video or after sweet melody video?

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 22nd August 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Yousee @ Aug 22 2021, 06:55 PM) *
Were the last three episodes of little mix the search recorded before sweet melody video or after sweet melody video?

Sweet Melody was filmed around 25th September (choreographer's tweet from that day)

so I imagine that it finished a day or so later, so Jesy would've been in hospital around early October? She then was featured in the live shows for the performances of the Search? Maybe she agreed to do that as a courtesy? I remember them going for some sort of halloween performance and Jesy even had a selfie posted with her make-up done but then she was absent.

i remember LM3 watching the bands perform and them crying during a specific song, maybe Jesy's leaving day/decision was that release week when the video was doing bigger rounds?

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 22nd August 2021, 09:24 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

QUOTE(jsweetxe @ Aug 22 2021, 09:23 PM) *
Sweet Melody was filmed around 25th September (choreographer's tweet from that day)

so I imagine that it finished a day or so later, so Jesy would've been in hospital around early October? She then was featured in the live shows for the performances of the Search? Maybe she agreed to do that as a courtesy? I remember them going for some sort of halloween performance and Jesy even had a selfie posted with her make-up done but then she was absent.

i remember LM3 watching the bands perform and them crying during a specific song, maybe Jesy's leaving day/decision was that release week when the video was doing bigger rounds?

I think they started saying she was ill when she didn't appear for the final episode of The Search. In that episode also, clips from earlier in the week when they spoke to contestants and gave them advice had only Jade, Perrie and Leigh-Anne. The week before, they had performed a mashup of touch and holiday, and New Priority was eliminated.

I don't understand how shooting the video of Sweet Melody, where she also had panic attacks according to the interview, was her breaking point, but she continued to get involved with LM activities afterwards - including the week Sweet Melody was released. She also performed it with the girls on The Search, when Jade was self-isolating. Perhaps it was all out of courtesy as you postulated? Or was the hospitalisation actually when she was absent, which was around album release?
The timeline of events from the video shoot to her leaving isn't very clear to me. It doesn't have to be though.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 22nd August 2021, 10:52 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Yousee @ Aug 22 2021, 10:24 PM) *
I think they started saying she was ill when she didn't appear for the final episode of The Search. In that episode also, clips from earlier in the week when they spoke to contestants and gave them advice had only Jade, Perrie and Leigh-Anne. The week before, they had performed a mashup of touch and holiday, and New Priority was eliminated.

I don't understand how shooting the video of Sweet Melody, where she also had panic attacks according to the interview, was her breaking point, but she continued to get involved with LM activities afterwards - including the week Sweet Melody was released. She also performed it with the girls on The Search, when Jade was self-isolating. Perhaps it was all out of courtesy as you postulated? Or was the hospitalisation actually when she was absent, which was around album release?
The timeline of events from the video shoot to her leaving isn't very clear to me. It doesn't have to be though.

i think timelines for things like this are quite hard to pin down - she said "after the SM video" but was that after filming or release? release fits the timeline but there's choppy editing and her missing in the actual video which means that she had some strong opinions regarding the video immediately after shooting.

but yeah, she was actively involved w/things such as being in the first sweet melody performance and holiday / touch performance. i feel like she stayed as a courtesy, maybe those things were too soon to change? secret love song pt 2 was probably always planned so it was easy to just replace her parts but full performance with staged choreo would be harder (and she DOES love performing after all)

idk, hard to pin down, we'll probably never know but at this point we probs don't need to anyway

+Quote this post
tommie
post 23rd August 2021, 05:31 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Yousee @ Aug 22 2021, 09:24 PM) *

I don't doubt that a huge part of her decision to leave was down to her mental health, but at the same time I'm sure there were other considerations - remember, her contract with the group / management / record label was about to expire, so I'm sure she actually must've been thinking about her own future, what she wanted to do and clearly that wasn't to commit to the group again with another contract for x number of years. Add that she's just turned 30 and I'm sure she realised that if she wanted to have a shot at a solo career it was now or never. I'm sure a huge part of her anxiety was the fact that she was realising that she didn't feel like committing to the group again so I'm sure when she took that decision a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 23rd August 2021, 03:55 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

tbh it wasnt long after 'sweet melody' that she disappeared and there's a few shots where she's absent...

i'm intrigued to see how jesy does because i think the kinda music she wants to do isn't really going to light the charts on fire?

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:19 PM