BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Carrie Underwood - Little Toy Guns, 2nd single | impacting February
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jan 28 2015, 11:59 AM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Following the huge success achieved with her latest GRAMMY-nominated single “Something In the Water“, which reached No. 1 on both the Billboard Hot Country Songs and Hot Christian Songs charts, Carrie Underwood is ready to impact the radio waves with her next official single “Little Toy Guns“.

Remember, “Something In the Water” became Underwood’s 14th career leader on Hot Country Songs and her second in 2014, and she expands her record as the female country artist with the most number one hits on the Hot Country Songs chart in the Nielsen SoundScan era (1991–present), breaking her own Guinness Book record of ten, set in 2010.

The single has topped the Hot Country Songs for seven weeks, becoming her longest No. 1 reign on the chart and the third longest No. 1 reign among women in the chart’s history. Impressive.

Now, to continue promoting her first compilation “Greatest Hits: Decade #1“, Underwood confirmed on Instagram that the another new track on the album is her next official single.

“Little Toy Guns” was written by Underwood with the collaboration of Chris DeStefano, and Hillary Lindsey. It’s scheduled to impact Country radio in February.

Only other choice on the GH of course but hopefully it can do well for her!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 29 2015, 02:14 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
http://instagram.com/p/yYZuBILqs3/

Officially confirmed on her Instagram as the next single. Of course it's obvious as it's the only other new song on the album but I thought she'd have a break after Something In The Water given her baby is due v soon! But this is a lovely little song that should tide her over a bit, I'm glad we'll get a video and hopefully a performance or two! biggrin.gif I guess given how long it sometimes takes country songs to really take off, she can have a break and then do a bit of promo after her baby is born so she can still spend time with him <3

I doubt it'll sent to radio immediately or anything because Something In The Water is still #1 on the Hot Country Songs (it has been for 7 non-consecutive weeks!) and top 5 on Country airplay.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 29 2015, 03:53 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Merged kink.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 29 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Really like this, so I'm glad it is getting a single push. 'Something In The Water' did very well I think, especially consdering it was only a Greatest Hits single so it's a good idea to push the other track as well.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jan 29 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
I'm not the biggest fan of this song

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 29 2015, 11:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Oh god didn't even see the other thread laugh.gif

Like I said, this will just to tide her over until the next album while she takes it a bit easier with the baby. Not her best single but it is a great little song.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Jan 30 2015, 12:37 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Video is out Friday (today):

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153032297774568

The video looks interesting! I prefer this to "Something In The Water". Should be another big country hit for Carrie!

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Jan 30 2015, 12:38 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 1 2015, 03:10 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Simple but quite powerful video! I prefer the video for Something In The Water but I love this one too.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:43 PM