BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Czech Republic · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Nov 14 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Czech Republic
Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Nov 14 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Coming for that 1st qualification in Stockholm cheer.gif

Last year the Czech Republic returned to Eurovision and scored its best result ever with Marta and Vaclav singing “Hope Never Dies”. Now the Czechs are rolling up their sleeves and preparing to fight further, with an enthusiastic new Head of Delegation and plans for internal selection.

Czech broadcaster Ceska Televize (CT) recently introduced their new head of delegation – Jan Bors, who has experience with many events and TV shows in the Czech Republic. He wrote a letter to Eurovision fans, where he shared his thoughts about Eurovision and gave some hints about the selection process.

Jan Bors sees Eurovision as a great opportunity. He says that it is one of the most prestigious television projects worldwide. He notes that Eurovision in Vienna was a high quality production with perfect performances and he is expecting the same from Stockholm.

He knows that it is difficult for every country to find the right song and the right singer, but his job will be to present a competitive song to the public. He says that it will be hard to reach the same success that the Czech Republic had this year (and yes, even though the Czech Republic didn’t make the final, he’s still very pleased with the result in Vienna) and even make it better, but he emphasises that it is not impossible.

SELECTION PROCESS
Jan says that the Czech Republic’s experience this year showed what is needed to choose the right song and representatives. This year they will do the same and make their choice internally. He confirms that composers are already sending their songs to the broadcaster, which shows that there is interest in Eurovision in the Czech Republic. Now they are hoping that they will be able to make the right decision.

http://wiwibloggs.com/2015/11/14/czech-rep...egation/107041/

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 19 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I'm so pleased the Czech Republic have stayed in the contest, I thought they'd be straight out after their DNQ as I thought they were just in for another try seeing as Austria was fairly nearby. And it's even better that they have gone to the extent of getting a new Head of Delegation, hopefully they'll do what Italy have done and manage to build up some interest in the contest from scratch!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 13 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It was previously confirmed by head of delegation Jan that 3 songs were on their final shortlist with a special jury to meet and choose which one to send to Eurovision later this month. It has been reported today that the 3 artists in contention are Thom Artway, Light & Love and Dasha.

Of course these are not the songs in contention, but here is what Thom and Light & Love's musical style is. Dasha is a (apparently very good) musical singer but doesn't really have a pop career, so I hope they go with the former two who are relevant in the Czech music industry.

Very promising, as both are modern and cool - my preference being Light & Love but I'd happily choose either! I think Light & Love is more suited to Eurovision just going on those two songs, but either would be great if they can come up with something similar.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 10 2016, 10:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The rumours over the past week have been confirmed as true and Gabriela Gunčíková will represent Czech Republic with her Swedish/Irish-penned song 'I Stand'. This of course means the shortlist of three ended up coming to nothing, although rumours are that this song was originally meant for Dasha - so it could be that Gabriela was substituted in when Dasha announced her pregnancy (well at least I read she did but I can't be sure!), who knows?

You can already here a short LQ snippet below:

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 10 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's Gabriela Gunčíková with "I Stand" for the Czech Republic

As stated in the link above, the music video will be released tomorrow at 1pm UK time! The images give me 'A Million Voices' flashbacks, let's hope it is as good as that.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Mar 11 2016, 12:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Czech entry is here.

Semi 1 really is one of the most competitive ever! Deserves to go through though.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post Mar 11 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #8
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222
To me this is the best ballad to grace Eurovision since 'Is It True?' and definitely in my Top 3 since I started watching along with that one and 'The Silence That Remains'. Hoping this does extremely well.

This post has been edited by Vülker: Mar 11 2016, 01:35 PM

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Mar 11 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's very good, easily Czech Republic's best entry! And it blows Australia out of the water for me in terms of recently released female ballads. I think this could sneak through in semi one but it'll rely on jury support and a good draw in that second half, in the second semi it'd be sailing through!

And she is stunningly beautiful too!

+Quote this post
p a v
post Apr 15 2016, 03:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
hi Czechia

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:12 AM