BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Grey's Anatomy
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post 25th January 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #141
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

I saw that about Kim Raver but what's the point of Matthew coming back!?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 26th January 2018, 05:41 AM
Post #142
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

This weeks episode was pretty dire in comparison to the trailers. I thought Paul dying was a MASSIVE waste of a decent storyline that could have gone on, concluding in a court case that could really combine medical and legal, similar to Callie on trial in season 10. April's ex losing his wife was just PREDICTABLE and for an episode dealing with police bias, I thought it was too rushed and could have explored the bias in domestic violence cases instead.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 26th January 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #143
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

I really enjoyed this week's episode! It was nice to have an episode that was still quite intense, but for different reasons other than being over-dramatic. Loved how it dealt with race, religion and even Matthew's return was alright albeit subtle.

Really good to have an April centric episode too! She's a character that I feel has been mildly underused recently, especially this season.

For me, the Paul storyline ending there seems like a solid, natural ending. We've known about his and Jo's past for so long that dragging out a court case may have provided some great drama but it all just seemed tired before it even began. I certainly wouldn't have wanted weeks of a court case of Paul just denying everything Jo and Jenny say.

Of the interns though, it's nice to see some actual development with their characters. Definitely want to see more of Taryn, I feel she could provide a fair bit of comedy.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 1st February 2018, 12:13 AM
Post #144
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the spin off is called Station 19 and the trailer premieres tomorrow night with the series starting on March 22nd.

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: 1st February 2018, 12:13 AM

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 1st February 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #145
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Jan 26 2018, 09:32 PM) *
I really enjoyed this week's episode! It was nice to have an episode that was still quite intense, but for different reasons other than being over-dramatic. Loved how it dealt with race, religion and even Matthew's return was alright albeit subtle.

Really good to have an April centric episode too! She's a character that I feel has been mildly underused recently, especially this season.

For me, the Paul storyline ending there seems like a solid, natural ending. We've known about his and Jo's past for so long that dragging out a court case may have provided some great drama but it all just seemed tired before it even began. I certainly wouldn't have wanted weeks of a court case of Paul just denying everything Jo and Jenny say.

Of the interns though, it's nice to see some actual development with their characters. Definitely want to see more of Taryn, I feel she could provide a fair bit of comedy.

Matthew's return was utterly pointless at this stage of the season, especially how the exit of the wife as well was played out. I'd have preferred the Paul storyline to be dragged out - Jo has been so underused as a character due to Camila Luddington's maternity leave but also looking back her intern class have had some great season finales. Brooke's death was not what I wanted but it was brilliantly played out, Shane going to Switzerland and obviously, Stephanie's last season we fantastic. I really do think with the right writing behind it the momentum was there to keep him on board until the finale.

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Feb 1 2018, 12:13 AM) *
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the spin off is called Station 19 and the trailer premieres tomorrow night with the series starting on March 22nd.

I'm not sure how to approach it based on the snippets. Obviously I can't comment until the first few episodes but based on what I've seen so far I can really see it being shorter than Private Practice as I don't think Warren has enough gusto as a character to sustain his own show realistically.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 1st February 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #146
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Jan 26 2018, 09:32 PM) *

Matthew's return was utterly pointless at this stage of the season, especially how the exit of the wife as well was played out. I'd have preferred the Paul storyline to be dragged out - Jo has been so underused as a character due to Camila Luddington's maternity leave but also looking back her intern class have had some great season finales. Brooke's death was not what I wanted but it was brilliantly played out, Shane going to Switzerland and obviously, Stephanie's last season we fantastic. I really do think with the right writing behind it the momentum was there to keep him on board until the finale.

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Feb 1 2018, 12:13 AM) *

I'm not sure how to approach it based on the snippets. Obviously I can't comment until the first few episodes but based on what I've seen so far I can really see it being shorter than Private Practice as I don't think Warren has enough gusto as a character to sustain his own show realistically.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 3rd February 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #147
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Also, loved the Bailey-centric episode this week with all those flashbacks!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 28th February 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #148
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Just a reminder that it's back on tonight and it's the Station 19 crossover episode!

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 3rd March 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #149
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Starting to lose interest in this season unfortunately. The last few episodes have been substandard compared to the excitement and thrill of the earlier episodes - Amelia's tumour, Teddy's return, Nathan's departure, Paul Stadler making an appearance and the likes of Bailey's heart attack, the medical contest and the premature death of Stadler have all been half arsed in my opinion.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 10th March 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #150
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Oh sad.gif

Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew have been axed.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 10th March 2018, 06:48 AM
Post #151
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Mar 10 2018, 12:33 AM) *
Oh sad.gif

Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew have been axed.

I am outraged - for it to happen in IWD too is shocking. I disagree with their reasoning - the characters whose creative journey have gone dry are Jackson and Alex IMO.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 28th March 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #152
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Return for Teddy this week!

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 29th March 2018, 05:39 AM
Post #153
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ill be fuming if April or Arizona get the boot for Teddy to come back as main cast!! It is quite predictable why she’s coming back in terms of Owen and Amelias storyline though but that said she might have the resources Mer needs for her trial or something of the kind.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 30th March 2018, 07:33 AM
Post #154
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Quite possibly one of the worst episodes this season! What was the "acting" during the Owen and Teddy scenes???

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 5th April 2018, 06:05 AM
Post #155
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Return confirmed now for Nurse Olivia Harper. Last seen in Season 6 after she was let go during the hospital merger. She was most known for giving her then boyfriend George syphilis (lol) from having a brief encounter with Alex. She will return with her son which is apparently going to cause problems for Alex and Jo. (*sigh* can we leave Alex and Jo alone please?)

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 7th April 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #156
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Apr 5 2018, 07:05 AM) *
Return confirmed now for Nurse Olivia Harper. Last seen in Season 6 after she was let go during the hospital merger. She was most known for giving her then boyfriend George syphilis (lol) from having a brief encounter with Alex. She will return with her son which is apparently going to cause problems for Alex and Jo. (*sigh* can we leave Alex and Jo alone please?)

I feel they are trying too hard to bring back old characters - that’ll be the fourth in two seasons!

+Quote this post
Emily Haines
post 20th April 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #157
Group icon
Gunshot Glitter™
User: 10,790

It feels like Amelia & Owen will get back together. MAKE YER MINDS UP.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 21st April 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #158
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Emily Haines @ Apr 20 2018, 09:36 PM) *
It feels like Amelia & Owen will get back together. MAKE YER MINDS UP.

It really does! This weeks episode wasn't "wow" in the way they were hyping it up to be but the whole twist with Marie Cerone and being a part of Harper Avery's allegations storyline was a great twist. I do feel time is running out though (and I know they've only just wrapped filming) for them to set up a decent storyline to begin writing Arizona and April out of the show. It does feel at the moment they're pruning off the interns - first Bello and then Roy this week!

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 21st April 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #159
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I retract my previous comment as Geena Davis is apparently making an appearance for Arizona's penultimate episode! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 22nd April 2018, 10:15 AM
Post #160
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Announced overnight that Season 15 is now confirmed!

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:06 PM