BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Widow, ITV | 8 part drama
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Apr 10 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

The series follows Georgia Wells (Kate Beckinsale), the eponymous widow whose husband Wil died in a plane crash on a trip to Africa. Three years after Wil's death, she saw a man resembling her husband on a news story reporting civil unrest in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Suspecting that everything is not what it seems, Wells travels to Kinshasa to uncover the truth. She starts to look for answers particularly concerned with the reason why her husband – she believes – faked his own death.

The eight-episode series also featured multiple story lines and explored themes such as violence and corruption.

Co-production between ITV and Amazon, it stars Kate Beckinsale, Charles Dance, Alex Kingston and Babs Olusanmokun. It is created and written by Harry & Jack Williams (The Missing, Liar, Baptiste)

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 10 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
i saw parts of the first episode and it really didn't grab my attention despite Charles Dance and Alex Kingston AND the writers behind some of my fave series sad.gif

It was a bit of a misfire for me, I really was grabbed by it and either Kate or the character was not compelling for so much focus to be on her

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Apr 11 2019, 05:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
Enjoyed the first two episodes enough to make me watch it next week.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:30 PM