BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Deandria, Isaac Delusion ☀ Midnight Sun
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post 29th May 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #221
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

You should just make a thread about it, I think it would be an interesting exercise
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
m
post 29th May 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #222
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

QUOTE(Cody💧Slayberry @ May 29 2018, 06:38 PM) *
You should just make a thread about it, I think it would be an interesting exercise

Well there are those 'Does your country have a sound?' threads that we get like once a year or every two years or something tongue.gif

+Quote this post
m
post 11th June 2018, 07:04 AM
Post #223
Group icon

Pride spin-off
(and a couple of lines about 90s vs 00s)

(contains samples / a reworking (I'm not rly sure which) of Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique 4th movement!)

For the BJSC Pride spin-off I knew almost immediately that I wanted to send serpentwithfeet, an artist I discovered last year, am still getting to know but am very intrigued by. I was choosing between a 2016 song 'four ethers', which was the first piece I discovered by the artist, and a newer, 2018 song called 'cherubim'. Both songs fit the theme of the spin-off lyrically and thematically, but in the end we just opted for this one because a choice had to be made!!1
In terms of where serpentwithfeet himself fits within the LGBTQ+ "label", for want of a much better way of putting it, it appears that he identifies as gay. I have also seen him described as "queer" (in an inoffensive way, just fyi) but I'm not 100% about the details of this when it comes to his situation.
serpentwithfeet released his first full-length album called soil on the day confirmations for the contest closed, so 8th of June! I felt that it was maybe a good sign heart.gif I have it sitting in my iTunes out of a preorder, but have yet to listen to it. His 5-track EP blisters, where 'four ethers' is from, is the one I've been getting into and it's a very interesting and lovely piece of work.

Here is my alternative choice for the contest, all about embracing gay love and comparing earthly love to heavenly love. Go on, why not have a listen happy.gif

I don't think I mentioned anything about the long finished 90s vs 00s spin-off oops, but long story short, we sent Air - Run (00s) with our alternative choice being Autechre - Slip (90s). 'Run' bagged us 16th place. Not too shabby. Espen won the contest with Chicane - Saltwater, which we gave quite a few points to!

This post has been edited by Q.: 11th June 2018, 06:20 PM

+Quote this post
m
post 9th August 2018, 07:24 AM
Post #224
Group icon

BJSC 107

For BJSC 107, after a short break, Deandria is back with Yoko Kanno - Cyberbird. You may also see this labelled as Gabriela Robin - Cyber Bird magic.gif Yoko Kanno is a Japanese composer, best known for her work on soundtracks for anime films, live-action films, television series, video games and advertisements. It appears that when she uses her own vocals on one of her tracks, she goes by the additional name of Gabriela Robin.

This beautiful track, which I've known for at least two years, is a 6-minute emotional epic that frankly I feel goes by too quick. Containing extremely frantic, chaotic and energetic drumming, combined with some lush strings and atmospheric vocals, it's paired here with a very cool video depicting someone driving through the streets of Japan. I don't think this is an official video, but I wouldn't want it paired with any other visual tbh. The whole thing is an experience.

Deandria previously entered Yoko Kanno with a collaboration with Aoi Teshima, a song called 'Because', which we sent to the movies spin-off. We didn't have much success with that song but this feels like a completely different beast. Powerful, emotional, sonically interesting and lush, it will sneak under your skin and won't leave your head.

This post has been edited by Mattias: 9th August 2018, 07:31 AM

+Quote this post
m
post 11th September 2018, 05:58 AM
Post #225
Group icon

BJSC 108

hey you, let's go some place
where we could be all alone
I don't want to sound cliché
there's something I want you to know

Well look at this - Deandria has gone chilled dance-pop! Not the first time tho I would say, it's not too far from entries like Clément Bazin - With You. XXANAXX are an electronic music duo from Poland. This particular one is just one of many gems out there in their repertoire. I have played 'Nie znajdziesz mnie' (still don't know how to write that from memory) on plug once and it went down pretty well, however I don't think that had any influence in me wanting to enter the above, which has a fairly different vibe.
Inviting you all to dance and sing along~

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 11th September 2018, 06:20 AM
Post #226
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

This might be among my favorite Deandria entries of all time! Shopping at Zara realness *.*

+Quote this post
m
post 11th September 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #227
Group icon

I have Cody on board *.* That only seems to happen once in a very, very blue moon~

+Quote this post
m
post 24th February 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #228
Group icon

Hello, we are back for BJSC 112 after a refreshing break! Looking forward to getting stuck into the songs and the voting process soon.

BJSC 112

I admit, it is fancy on a pedestal
but I can't always stand straight
sometimes I fall

What can I say about this entry? Well, previously I have described it as "somewhat uncool" in its sound / feel (not necessarily a bad thing of course, I really like the song). I also described it as something that might've been entered in 2012, as well as being similar to what we might expect from a Dalisska entry (a country that no longer enters). In addition, I also described it as one of my DNQ entries 'Moonland' mixed with the drum beat of my only BJSC winner 'Sanctuary', something that I only noticed very recently (I've known the song for a few months now).
Personally I find the song very charming and lyrically quite moving and I enjoy the catchy beat and vocal line. I also find the name of the band somewhat amusing and cute. Fingers crossed that it connects with some of you. We have been drawn into the last slot in semi 2, interestingly enough!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 2nd March 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #229
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

You probably wouldn't have had me down as a big fan but this is a beaut heart.gif love that organ & Kate Bush-esque vocals!

As you mentioned I can definitely see the Moonland similarities (which is another of yours I really liked).

This post has been edited by dobbo: 2nd March 2019, 12:00 PM

+Quote this post
m
post 2nd March 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #230
Group icon

QUOTE(dobbo @ Mar 2 2019, 12:00 PM) *
You probably wouldn't have had me down as a big fan but this is a beaut heart.gif love that organ & Kate Bush-esque vocals!

As you mentioned I can definitely see the Moonland similarities (which is another of yours I really liked).

aw thank you! happy.gif That's a bit unexpected indeed, just like having you on board for 'Moonland' was!

+Quote this post
m
post 3rd March 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #231
Group icon

I'm through! Glad this cute little bop connected with enough of you to qualify, thank you! Funny how qualifying in an online song contest can bring a spark to your day lol

I expect to come exactly 23rd x

+Quote this post
m
post 13th March 2019, 11:45 AM
Post #232
Group icon

I came not 23rd (like I said here), not 33rd (like I said in the predicta), but 13th! Was pleasantly surprised seeing that, quite a lot of middle and high scores in there including some surprises like an 18 from Fljótavík and a 15 from Aelandor. Thanks to the voters for giving me a respectable (although unlucky for some xo) position for yet another return contest. Deandria will continue with an intriguing beauty next time *.*

+Quote this post
m
post 31st March 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #233
Group icon

BJSC 113

FiFi Rong - Awake

it's hard to stay awake and hard to fall asleep
in the heated battle we cherish the kiss

I love this gorgeousness. It's got some intriguing hypnotic-ness, some pop stylings, killer production and a beautiful video to boot. Almost from the moment I heard this song, I fell in love with it and knew I wanted to share it in BJSC. FiFi sent me a gorgeous USB with some of her music and videos etc on it, she seems like a lovely person and a true artist. She is Chinese but based in London. Hope you enjoy this lush beauty.

+Quote this post
m
post 9th April 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #234
Group icon

Well, we have experienced our 1000th DNQ last night smile.gif haha nah not quite 1000 as that would be technically impossible yo, but yeah like, I believe this is my 28th DNQ now. Do I get something pretty after my 30th? angel.gif

I'm still surprised about what happened. People were generally vocal about how the semi was a very strong one, so I guess that may have had an effect among other things. 3rd from last is still not what I was expecting for a song that I myself predicted to qualify (as did everyone else who did predictions)! And it's funny how my previous entry before this one, 'Genius' by Tikkle Me, came a surprising 13th in the final when I predicted that one to DNQ laugh.gif You just never know! Adios!

+Quote this post
m
post 2nd May 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #235
Group icon

BJSC 114

Mina Harker - Schwarze Witwe

black widow

Found this song only very recently! Deandria's first entry by a German artist (which surprised me) and also sung in German, it captured my interest with its intensity and power. That chorus especially just gets to me. I might as well also copy what I said about it on the confirmation form: Melodic intense German rock with a Gothic edge tongue.gif (I did already copy that for the semi voting thread as well, talk about oversaturation!)
Our entry is unavailable on Spotify this time unfortunately, but does have a pretty striking video to go with it on YouTube. Striking artsy videos seem to be incidentally our thing, with this being the third of those this year. Hope you enjoy.

+Quote this post
m
post 10th June 2019, 01:17 PM
Post #236
Group icon

BJSC 115

mind.in.a.box - Change

but I wouldn't want to live like this forever
but change myself? never, never!

So I described this as 'industrial' somewhere a while ago. I don't often describe songs as that, but I think it sort of fits the bill here? It's filled with existential lyrics, robotic vocals, a thumping electronic beat and loads of atmospheric synths and other goodnesses, including a cool video with scenes from a sci-fi movie called Immortal. Not sure I've seen that one. Hmm. Probably not. But I do like the video, it enhances the mood.
mind.in.a.box are an Austrian group. Completely in love with this track right now, so I hope some of you guys like it too!

+Quote this post
m
post 19th July 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #237
Group icon

QUOTE(Cody Season @ Jul 19 2019, 05:35 PM) *
can someone do a BJSC country alignment chart lol

No but I can state Deandria is probably True Neutral, like Switzerland kink.gif Has no real agenda, just does what seems to be a good idea.

Now if we wanna expand our horizons, I can tell you that Deandria matches up best with the ENFP personality type in Myers-Briggs, Terra Avium is INFP, Persephonia is INTP, Skall is probably ISTP and the rest...? I haven't decided.

(I didn't wanna put this in the other thread but here it is for your viewing pleasure)

+Quote this post
m
post 21st July 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #238
Group icon

BJSC 116

Nite Jewel - 2 Good 2 Be True

oh but I know that I lost control, yeah
it was too good to be true

Instead of writing a description, here's a small preview, with some oddball singing a part of the song, complete with one or two bum notes :3 I totally didn't check the lyrics beforehand either lmao but one needs 2 have fun, rite. Personally I would love to see ppl sing their BJSC songs xo

+Quote this post
m
post 19th September 2019, 12:19 AM
Post #239
Group icon

BJSC 118

Niyaz - Sabza Ba Naz (The Triumph of Love)

rafighan ghadre yek digar bedanid
ajal sang ast o adam mesle shishe

I haven't been able to get this out of my head for the past few days, it's like a curse biggrin.gif It's fun tho, innit? Love the amalgamation of the instruments and the catchy melody.

+Quote this post
m
post 19th September 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #240
Group icon

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread