BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> OCC: Top selling David Guetta & Sia collabs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Sep 8 2020, 03:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
in anticipation of 'Let's Love' coming this Friday..

1 TITANIUM DAVID GUETTA FT. SIA 1 2011 2.3m [1m+ downloads, 139.7m streams]
2 FLAMES DAVID GUETTA FT. SIA 7 2018 938k [128k downloads, 97.5m streams]
3 BANG MY HEAD DAVID GUETTA FT. SIA & FETTY WAP 18 2015 597k [incl. 57.9m streams]
4 SHE WOLF (FALLING TO PIECES) DAVID GUETTA FT. SIA 8 2012 479k
5 HELIUM SIA VS DAVID GUETTA & AFROJACK 45 2018 207k
6 THE WHISPERER DAVID GUETTA FT. SIA N/A 2014 <20k
7 WILD ONE TWO DAVID GUETTA & NICKY ROMERO FT. SIA N/A 2011 <20k
8 LIGHT HEADED DAVID GUETTA FT. SIA N/A 2018 <20k

Odd for them to count 'Helium' as a David Guetta song, when it was the original version which did just about all of the selling, but there's your sales figure for that if you want it.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/d...f-sales__22406/

Like Danny & Sandy, Thelma & Louise and J-Lo and Pitbull, David Guetta and Sia are absolutely an iconic duo.

The pair have teamed up no less than eight times already since 2011, and now they're ready to drop their ninth collaboration together. Let's Love, pre-released with an exclusive snippet for five days on TikTok, gets its full commercial release on Friday September 11. A shimmering 80s throwback in the vein of The Weeknd's Blinding Lights, we're guessing this one will be another sure-fire smash hit.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

In light of the new collaboration coming out way soon, we look back at the sales and streams of when they've joined forces previously.

Titanum (2011)
Combined sales: 2.3 million

David and Sia's first collaboration was the result of a perfect storm. A respected singer-songwriter but with little mainstream success, Sia wrote and recorded a demo of the track for David, who in turn recorded it with Mary J Blige, and had offered it to Katy Perry, but ultimately he preferred Sia's take. She agreed to the release, insisting it would be her last record as a singer - except it would be just the beginning of her rise to global stardom: Titanium went on to top the Official Singles Chart, sell over one million downloads and rack up 139.7 million streams.

Wild One Two (2012)
Combined sales: less than 20,000

At the same time as Titanium, Sia featured on the party-starting Wild Ones by Flo Rida. A rapper-less remix of the track by Guetta and Nicky Romero featured on the former's re-release of his Nothing But The Beat 2.0 deluxe album.

She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) (2012)
Combined sales: 479,000

The pair hooked up again less than a year later under similar circumstances as Titanium. "I wrote that for Cher," Sia later revealed on the origins of She Wolf on Twitter. "Can't you hear me giving my Cher? I'm giving it my Cher!" But while its towering chorus and Sia's wallpaper-peeling vocals are all present and correct, the result didn't quite have the same magic as its predecessor, but still peaked at a respectable Number 8.

The Whisperer (2014)
Combined sales: Less than 20,000

Sia is the only artist to have tamed Guetta into producing a synth-less, electro-free ballad; and as it turns out, The Whisperer, which featured on his 2014 album Listen, is a pretty great one.

Bang My Head (2015)
Combined sales: 597,000

David and Sia re-grouped in 2015 for Bang My Head, an electro-tropical number that sounds like a blueprint for Sia's This Is Acting album (the one with Cheap Thrills on it), which was released a couple of months later. Once again, uplifting defiance is the name of the game here - because if it ain't broke...

Originally on David's Listen album also, it was reworked for a single release in 2015 with added Fetty Wap (not the 2020 type of WAP) and it reached the Top 20, tallying 57.9 million streams.

Helium (2018)
Combined sales: 207,000

Sia's stirring piano ballad recorded for the Fifty Shades Darker film in 2018 was given the Guetta (and Afrojack) treatment, adding some nifty electro-squiggles to the chorus.

Flames (2018)
Combined sales: 938,000

David and Sia's seventh collaboration put a funky twist on their trademark motivational anthems, with Sia declaring: "Just keep moving, look within for the strength today" over the kind of synthwave production you might expect to soundtrack neo-noir crime thriller. The song became their third Top 10 together in May 2018 and has so far been downloaded on 128,000 occasions and played 97.5m times.

Light Headed (2018)
Combined sales: Less than 20,000

Also taken from David's seventh album titled, well, 7, Light Headed is a reworked piano ballad which saw David provide a hands-in-the-air euphoric chorus.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 8 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Very surprised that 'Wild One Two' has apparently barely sold/streamed anything?

'She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)' deserves better, easily the best of their collabs for me.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Sep 8 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
I still play 'Titanium' regularly wub.gif (never knew it had been offered to Katy Perry though!) 'She Wolf' and 'Flames' are pretty incredible too. Looking forward to hearing 'Let's Love'!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 8 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Bang My Head' by far outselling 'She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)' seems REALLY weird to me.

+Quote this post
GraceAJX
post Sep 11 2020, 12:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,406
So many iconic smashes cheeseblock.png WHAT A DUO!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Sep 11 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I’m also in agreement that She Wolf should be at least second. My favourite by them wub.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Sep 11 2020, 01:47 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
the top 4 should all eventually be platinum.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:00 AM