BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> OSCARS 2018, 20 Oscars Visual Effects Contenders Announced.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Apr 9 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #21
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Annihilation by Alex Garland (the guy behind Ex Machina) and starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tessa Thompson has been delayed until 2018. Perhaps they're trying to repeat its success by getting rave reviews early on and managing to pick up a couple of Oscar nods by the time awards season comes around.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 13 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #22
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
AT LAST!! here are my main category predictions!

Picture Nominations:
1. Dunkirk
2. The Post
3. Call Me By Your Name
4. Detroit
5. Downsizing
6. Mother!
7. Mudbound
8. The Greatest Showman
9. Darkest Hour
10. Wonderstruck

Below the line:
(11. Untitled PTA Project, 12. Surburbicon, 13. Thank You For Your Service, 14. Battle of the Sexes, 15. Blade Runner 2049,
16. Star Wars: The Last Jedi, 17. Molly's Game, 18. Three Billboards... ,19. Marshall, 20. The Glass Castle
21. Goodbye Christopher Robin, 22. The Shape Of Water, 23. The Beguiled, 24. Murder On The Orient Express, 25. Victoria & Abdul, 26. The Current War, 27. Get Out, 28. The Snowman)

DIRECTOR:
1. Dunkirk - Christopher Nolan
2. The Post - Steven Spielberg
3. Detroit - Kathryn Bigelow
4. Downsizing - Alexander Payne
5. Call Me By Your Name - Luca Guadagnino

Below the line:
(6. Mother!, 7. Mudbound, 8. Darkest Hour, 9. Untitled PTA Project, 10. Wonderstruck
11. Blade Runner 2049, 12. Battle of the Sexes, 13. Surburbicon, 14. Thank You For Your Service, 15. Molly's Game
16. Get Out, 17. The Beguiled, 18. Murder on The Orient Express, 19. The Greatest Showman, 20. Three Billboards..
21. Marshall, 22. The Glass Castle, 23. The Shape of Water, 24. Goodbye Christopher Robin, 25. Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

ACTOR:
1. Gary Oldman - Darkest Hour
2. Daniel Day-Lewis - Untitled PTA
3. Timothee Chalamet - Call Me By Your Name
4. Armie Hammer - Call Me By Your Name
5. Hugh Jackman - The Greatest Showman

Below the line:
6. Tom Hanks (The Post), 7. John Boyega (Detroit), 8. Chadwick Boseman (Marshall), 9. Miles Teller (Thank You For Your Service), 10. Matt Damon (Downsizing),
11. Domnhall Gleeson (Goodbye Christopher Robin), 12. Matt Damon (Surburbicon), 13. James Franco (The Disaster Artist), 14. Michael Fassbender (The Snowman), 15. Andrew Garfield (Under The Silver Lake)
16. Cillian Murphy (Dunkirk), 17. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Current War), 18. Colin Farrell (The Killing of a Sacred Deer), 19. Ali Fazal (Victoria & Abdul), 20. Javier Bardem (Mother!)
21. Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out), 22. Andrew Garfield (Breathe), 23. Denzel Washington (Inner City), 24. Ryan Gosling (Blade Runner), 25. Idris Elba (The Mountain Betweens Us)

ACTRESS:
1. Jessica Chastain - Molly's Game
2. Meryl Streep - The Post
3. Jennifer Lawrence - Mother!
4. Saoirse Ronan - On Chesil Beach
5. Judi Dench - Victoria & Abdul

Below the line:
6. Emma Stone (Battle of the Sexes), 7. Brie Larson (The Glass Castle), 8. Rooney Mara (Mary Magdalene), 9. Frances McDormand (Three Billboards), 10. Carey Mulligan (Mudbound)
11. Michelle Pfeiffer (Where Is Kyra), 12. Nicole Kidman (The Beguiled), 13. Isabelle Huppert (Happy End), 14. Elle Fanning (Mary Shelley), 15. Julianne Moore (Suburbicon)
16. Kate Winslet (Wonder Wheel), 17. Mackenzie Davis (Tully), 18. Rachel Weisz (My Cousin Rachel), 19. Kirsten Dunst (Woodshock), 20. Sally Hawkins (Maudie)
21. Jennifer Lawrence (Red Sparrow), 22. Riley Keough (Under The Silver Lake), 23. Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird), 24. Eva Green (Based On A True Story), 25. Kate Winslet (The Mountain Between Us)

SUP. ACTOR
1. Zac Efron - The Greatest Showman
2. Michael Shannon - The Current War
3. Sterling K. Brown - Marshall
4. Jason Mitchell - Mudbound
5. John Hurt - Darkest Hour

Below the line:
6. Woody Harrelson (The Glass Castle), 7. Garrett Hedlund (Mudbound), 8. Ed Harris (Mother!), 9. Woody Harrelson (Three Billboards), 10. Michael Stuhlbarg (Call Me By Your Name)
11. Idris Elba (Molly's Game), 12. Bruce Dern (Chappaquiddik), 13. Joaquin Phoenix (Mary Magdalene), 14. Richard Graham (PTA Project), 15. Tom Hardy (Dunkirk)
16. Jean-Louis Tringnant (Happy End), 17. Chiwetel Ejiofor (Mary Magdalene), 18. Harrison Ford (Blade Runner 2049), 19. Max Greenfield (The Glass Castle), 20. Josh Gad (Marshall)
21. Will Poulter (Detroit), 22. Jack Reynor (Detroit), 23. Topher Grace (Under The Silver Lake), 24. Douglas Booth (Mary Shelley), 25. Josh Brolin (Suburbicon)

SUP. ACTRESS:
1. Margot Robbie - Goodbye Christopher Robin
2. Carrie Fisher - Star Wars: The Last Jedi
3. Mary J. Blige - Mudbound
4. Michelle Pfeiffer - Mother!
5. Michelle Williams - The Greatest Showman

Below the line:
6. Kristen Wiig (Downsizing), 7. Kristin Scott Thomas (Darkest Hour), 8. Julianne Moore (Wonderstruck), 9. Julia Roberts (Wonder), 10. Haley Bennet (Thank You For Your Service)
11. Kirsten Dunst (The Beguiled), 12. Naomi Watts (The Glass Castle), 13. Annette Bening (The Seagull), 14. Rebecca Ferguson (The Snowman), 15. Nicole Kidman (How To Talk To Girls At Parties)
16. Julianne Moore (Suburbicon), 17. Alicia Silverstone (The Killing of a Sacred Deer), 18. Andrea Riseborough (Battle of the Sexes), 19. Kate Mara (Chappaquiddik), 20. Nicole Kidman (The Killing of a Sacred Deer)
21. Elle Fanning (The Beguiled), 22. Rebecca Ferguson (The Greatest Showman), 23. Kristen Stewart (Lizzie), 24. Penelope Cruz (Murder on the Orient Express), 25. Lily James (Darkest Hour), 26. Hannah Murray (Detroit)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 13 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #23
Group icon
c:
You weren't lying when you said in-depth, Sam! laugh.gif I think Dunkirk could be the big blockbuster nominee this year like Life of Pi/Avatar etc. I'd love Carrie Fisher and/or Mark Hammill to sneak noms too but it seems as though it could be a really strong year.

I also reckon Breathe could perhaps be this year's The Theory of Everything. Claire Foy is hot off The Crown and Andrew Garfield from Hacksaw Ridge so I think they could be contenders come awards season! Will add it to the opening post.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Apr 13 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #24
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Academy Award nominee Zac Efron would sound really weird, but it happened for James Franco and Jonah Hill laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 13 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #25
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(J▲hq @ Apr 14 2017, 12:07 AM) *
Academy Award nominee Zac Efron would sound really weird, but it happened for James Franco and Jonah Hill laugh.gif

TWO times as well! I was talking to my Dad the other day about who we would pick as winners in each year and Jonah Hill was his favourite choice in both years as he was nominated. I was like good job you don't run the Oscars :') Imagine two-time Academy Award Winner 'Jonah Hill! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 14 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #26
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
More films zooming into Oscar season:

Goodbye Christopher Robin has a VERY Awards friendly date of November 10! Really hope this can become a big Awards contender, it sounds like it could be rly great like Saving Mr Banks was & Margot/Domnhall are fabulous and both deserve to get some big awards attention! <3
Three Billboards has also been scheduled for 13th October!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 2 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #27
Group icon
c:
Updated May picks for the nominees, will be fun to look back on biggrin.gif

BEST PICTURE
Wonderstruck
The Post
Darkest Hour
Downsizing
Call Me By Your Name
-------------------
Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project
Detroit
Mother!
Lean on Pete
Dunkirk

BEST LEADING ACTOR
Benedict Cumberbatch -- The Current War
Daniel Day-Lewis -- Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project
Tom Hanks -- The Post
Hugh Jackman -- The Greatest Showman
Gary Oldman -- Darkest Hour

Alternative: Matt Damon -- Downsizing or Denzel Washington -- Inner City (not sure if it's gonna be this year or not)

BEST LEADING ACTRESS
Judi Dench -- Victoria and Abdul
Claire Foy -- Breathe
Jennifer Lawrence -- Mother!
Meryl Streep -- The Post
Kate Winslet -- Wonder Wheel

Alternative: Jessica Chastain -- Molly's Game or Rooney Mara -- Mary Magdalene

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Steve Buscemi -- Lean on Pete
Armie Hammer -- Call Me by Your Name
Woody Harrelson -- The Glass Castle
Ed Harris -- Mother!
Michael Shannon -- The Current War

Alternative: Michael Stuhlbarg -- Call Me by Your Name or Joaquin Phoenix -- Mary Magdalene

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Michelle Williams -- The Greatest Showman
Melissa Leo -- Novitiate
Julianne Moore -- Wonderstruck
Michelle Pfeiffer -- Mother!
Kristin Scott Thomas -- Darkest Hour

Alternative: Mary J. Blige -- Mudbound or Margot Robbie -- Goodbye Christopher Robin or Hong Chau -- Downsizing (she seems to have better reviews than Kristen Wiig from early screenings so gone for her)

BEST DIRECTOR
Kathryn Bigelow -- Detroit
Steven Spielberg -- The Post
Alexander Payne -- Downsizing
Todd Haynes -- Wonderstruck
Joe Wright -- Darkest Hour

Alternative: Luca Guadagnino -- Call Me by Your Name or Paul Thomas Anderson -- Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project or Darren Aronofsky -- Mother!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 2 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #28
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
I'll update mine towards the end of the month after the Cannes Festival as I was doing it now and making literally no changes to over half the categories since I last predicted!

I have a really good feeling about The Greatest Showman though atm!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 4 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #29
Group icon
c:
Have taken 'Tully' (the Charlize Theron movie directed by Jason Reitman of Juno & Up in the Air fame) off the list in the opening post as it has been given an April 2018 release date so not this year anyway and doesn't seem like it's going to be pushed for awards either laugh.gif

Quite sad about that one, was looking forward to it and was hoping Theron may be in contention for a third nomination after the good couple of years she's had (she's been fab in all of Mad Max, Furious 8, The Huntsman etc. in my opinion)!

EDIT: Also added a few more potential contenders including Lean On Pete (potentially Steve Buscemi could be nominated and other major nominations), A Fantastic Woman (potentially Daniela Vega could be nominated) & Novitiate (potentially Melissa Leo could be nominated).

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 4 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #30
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(~josh~ @ May 4 2017, 04:01 PM) *
Have taken 'Tully' (the Charlize Theron movie directed by Jason Reitman of Juno & Up in the Air fame) off the list in the opening post as it has been given an April 2018 release date so not this year anyway and doesn't seem like it's going to be pushed for awards either laugh.gif

Quite sad about that one, was looking forward to it and was hoping Theron may be in contention for a third nomination after the good couple of years she's had (she's been fab in all of Mad Max, Furious 8, The Huntsman etc. in my opinion)!

EDIT: Also added a few more potential contenders including Lean On Pete (potentially Steve Buscemi could be nominated and other major nominations), A Fantastic Woman (potentially Daniela Vega could be nominated) & Novitiate (potentially Melissa Leo could be nominated).

Was literally just coming her to post about Tully! Will remove it from my predictions when I update them!

Wonderstruck also has been scheduled for the Awards friendly date of October 20th!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 4 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #31
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(UltraGreenLight @ May 4 2017, 04:10 PM) *
Was literally just coming her to post about Tully! Will remove it from my predictions when I update them!

Wonderstruck also has been scheduled for the Awards friendly date of October 20th!

Same release week as Moonlight and Birdman had in previous years! Please tell me this is going to be massive. Todd Haynes needs a director win after the Carol snubs in Director & Picture plus I really want Julianne Moore to get that sixth nomination to add to her legacy *-* This is one of my most hyped movies for awards season, really want to read the book too!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 6 2017, 07:36 AM
Post #32
Group icon
c:
In others release date news, The Glass Castle is going to be released on August 11 in the US. Not the most awards friendly release date ever so I'll probably remove it from my predictions now but tbh, it is the same release date as Hell or High Water from last year so you never know!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 14 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #33
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
O.M.F.G.

I am ready.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 14 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #34
Group icon
c:
I hope Mother wins all the Oscars tbh if it's anything like Black Swan. Anyway, I need JLaw to get her fifth nom and Javier Bardem/Michelle Pfeiffer to get their fourth for it!!!11

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 14 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
NO TO JLAW. Down with the she devil.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 16 2017, 07:30 AM
Post #36
Group icon
c:
Probably an out-there prediction but The Disaster Artist has now been given a December release date in the US, is distributed by A24 (Moonlight, Room, Ex Machina) and has genuinely good reviews so far. I think it could be a bit of an upset come awards season and I might start putting James Franco in my predictions. It's certainly a transformative role!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 16 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #37
Group icon
c:

First official poster for 'The Killing of the Sacred Deer' from Yorgos Lanthimos (Oscar nominee for The Lobster!). A really nice poster imo and I'm actually really excited for this, I loved how unique and funny The Lobster was.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 16 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #38
Group icon
c:
Oooh, the host has been announced which means Jimmy Kimmel will be returning for next year's ceremony! I really liked his opening monologue and thought he dealt with the Best Picture mess-up really well so yay at him being back!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 16 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #39
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Fab at Jimmy Kimmell returning, he was surprisingly great last year!

Also John Hurt is not in 'Darkest Hour' so I'll remove him from my predictions when I next update after Cannes!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 16 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #40
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(~josh~ @ May 16 2017, 08:30 AM) *
Probably an out-there prediction but The Disaster Artisr has now been given a December release date in the US, is distributed by A24 (Moonlight, Room, Ex Machina) and has genuinely good reviews so far. I think it could be a bit of an upset come awards season and I might start putting James Franco in my predictions. It's certainly a transformative role!
Didn't realise it was A24 distributing it! Interesting! Been excited for this for a while. I still need to watch that iconic movie all the way through though!

Also big yeeeessss at Jimmy Kimmell returning! wub.gif

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:40 AM