BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

27 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Take That - Wonderland - 24 March, 2017, Giants - Out Now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
slowdown73
post 14th September 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #481
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
When is the greatest hits due out?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 15th September 2017, 08:58 AM
Post #482
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950
http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a8381...orange-reunion/

The last paragraph details the greatest hits so it's looking like 2020 and a 30 year anniversary?

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 15th September 2017, 08:58 AM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 15th September 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #483
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/take-that-fron...-tour-1-5196095

End of next year Greatest Hits with all the songs over years and 3 new songs followed by a world tour.

I welcome a world tour for them as I think it's long overdue for all the countries that have waited so long to see them.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 15th September 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #484
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
With this information, it is likely a best of collection. It will be interesting to see what singles they leave off the the edition. It will be interesting to see if it will be all the big hits and the flops left out or will it be the singles they like the best themselves.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 15th September 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #485
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
From the last greatest hits in 2005 'Do What U Like' was the only single omitted.

It's been so long since anyone released a greatest hits I'm not too sure how many songs would go on it especially over 25 years and with 3 new songs. Seeing as this is a Best of collection having gone all around international iTunes certain songs have cropped up consistently within top 10 best sellers nation to nation.

Top 5 by far:

Back For Good, Rule The World, Patience, The Flood and How Deep Is Your Love (definitely underestimated by myself the sheer global reach of this single high up in all continents especially North and South America and Africa iTunes - frequent top 3-5 these continents).

High up all over the world other songs which appeared quite often on the itunes bestsellers from glancing in no particular order are:

Shine,
Pray,
A Million Love Songs,
Could It Be Magic,
These Days,
Never Forget,
Babe,
Relight My Fire,
Get Ready For It

These songs below weren't particularly high up or certainly enough to hold a strong reoccurring impression but some had mixed popularity

Contrasting in popularity songs below - Up and down across all countries

Giants - I think being featured in the carpool karaoke helped this song in popularity in far off places but not as high overall or consistent as songs mentioned above
Love Ain't Here Anymore - Overall quite down but interestingly very popular across Asian counties as in top 10 iTunes bestsellers frequently.
Love Love - 50/50 in global popularity. High some places less so others. Quite high in Europe and Africa.
It Only Takes a Minute - semi popular but often behind those mentioned above and not top 10.
Kidz - Showed up highest on European store best sellers rather than any internationally but never top 10.
Greatest Day - hit and miss in international popularity.
Said It All - As above but more visible than Up All Night and frequently higher than that single.
Cry - Hit and miss.
The Garden - Hit and miss and only seen on European iTunes bestsellers and never high except in Denmark.

Rarely seen

Everything Changes (possibly always in top 20 but Robbie factor hasn't pushed this higher up in iTunes popularity across nation to nation than I would have thought and only always found after a little scroll down of country best sellers)
Do What U Like - As above but very hit and miss
Sure,
Why Can't I Wake Up With You,
Up All Night,
I'd Wait For Life,
Reach Out,
Hold Up a Light,
Happy Now,
When We Were Young - Interestingly highest top 5 on USA iTunes of group bestsellers and just below Get Ready For It. Only nation it's high and visible on bestsellers.
Promises,
Once You've Tasted Love,
I Found Heaven,
Let in the Sun,
Higher than Higher,
Hey Boy - Though interestingly their highest iTunes digital seller in Bahamas so is loved on that island!

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 15th September 2017, 06:28 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 15th September 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #486
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Get Ready for It is a song i can see failing to make the list, Cry i would also debate, had it not made the deluxe version on the last album it would most likely have made the cut on the Greatest Hits.

I would believe the following a cert to make the list:

A Million Love Songs
Pray
Relight My Fire
Back For Good
Never Forget
Patience
Shine
Rule The World
Greatest Day
The Flood
These Days.

Strong Possibilities:
Everything Changes
Could It Be Magic
It Only Takes A Minute
Love Aint Here Anymore
Said It All
Love Love
Giants
Babe

Not so Sure:
Up All Night (if my choice, it would certainly make the album)
Why Cant I Wake Up With you
How Deep Is Your Love
Sure
Kidz

Likely to be Left Out
Do What You Like
Once You've Tasted Love
Promises
I Found Heaven
ID Wait For Life
When We Were Young
Let In The Sun
Get Ready For It

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 17th September 2017, 03:02 AM
Post #487
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
The new Greatest Hits needs to lean more to the 2006 era and onwards.

Any guesses on what they will call it, id like Rule The World: The Best of Take That.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 17th September 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #488
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Post was duplicated see below

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 17th September 2017, 12:51 PM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 17th September 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #489
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
2006 onwards I think their best has been (going off singles)

Rule The World
Patience
The Flood
Said it All
Shine
Greatest Day (not a favourite with myself though)
Love Love
Kidz
These Days
Giants (? Am unsure)

That's 10 with 3-4 new songs added also. I feel like a 2006 great hit vol 2 would be better than an all years mix greatest hits. Separate the two eras however if it's a mix I think it should be 50/50 90s and 00s. This is also because they were far more well known back in the 90s all over the world and so 50% 90's would be fair seeing as any album or collection it is hoped would sell all over the world.

I think Rule The World is a perfect title just as Never Forget was in the relaunch greatest hits

PS - on a random note I came across an old article (2011) where the Chinese government had banned over 100 songs mostly Chinese or Taiwanese but a few Western artists also Lady Gaga, Britney, Backstreet Boys and Take That had four songs on the banned list 'The Flood', 'When We Were Young', 'Love Love' and 'Pretty Things'. I wouldn't have had those four TT songs down as being particularly threatening or any Take That song for that matter.
Hopefully it's been overturned now and Chinese fans can enjoy those four songs.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 17th September 2017, 02:53 PM

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 17th September 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #490
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
They could easily do a 2CD deluxe version of the Greatest Hits or best of compilation. They have so many songs to choose from now.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 18th September 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #491
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
They have more than enough material,maybe a release like kylie did with the ultimate collection and almost all the singles on it but they can call it something else.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th September 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #492
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I would totally be behind a double CD and having all singles on the album. CD 1 the 2006 onwards and CD 2 the older material. I also would welcome a stand alone version of 2006 onwards material.

From a marketing point of view all singles wont be included,as further down the line, a release will be done with everything. Generally this is how it seems to work with these style of releases.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 20th September 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #493
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
For this tour the band are touring as well as Australia and New Zealand in November they are also playing in UAE (Dubai) and Israel (Tel Aviv) later that month. I think this is amazing for those local fans outside the EU to finally get to go to a TT show and not feel they have been forgotten or neglected especially as TT have been around (give or take) 25 years. They've waited and asked for long enough!!!

Lots of excitement for those reasons on social media from those touring announcements. They just need to think about North & South America and Africa at some point to go to their fans on those continents and give them that oppourtunity.
If they are planning a World Tour in a few years with the Greatest Hits going out to these places now before hand is always good as it acts as a pre-curser and can build more interest for a return later on. You have to be seen to be heard type of thing as even in a social media world being physically there and touring is still the most effective way. It shows a group is making the effort still and coming out to reach their fans further afield.

This would mean that in recent years they've travelled touring shows to Europe, Asia, Australasia and the Middle East!

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 20th September 2017, 02:40 PM

+Quote this post
BadHabit
post 20th September 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #494
Group icon
New Entry
User: 28,012
QUOTE(nirvanamusic @ Sep 20 2017, 02:28 PM) *
For this tour the band are touring as well as Australia and New Zealand in November they are also playing in UAE (Dubai) and Israel (Tel Aviv) later that month. I think this is amazing for those local fans outside the EU to finally get to go to a TT show and not feel they have been forgotten or neglected especially as TT have been around (give or take) 25 years. They've waited and asked for long enough!!!

Lots of excitement for those reasons on social media from those touring announcements. They just need to think about North & South America and Africa at some point to go to their fans on those continents and give them that oppourtunity.
If they are planning a World Tour in a few years with the Greatest Hits going out to these places now before hand is always good as it acts as a pre-curser and can build more interest for a return later on. You have to be seen to be heard type of thing as even in a social media world being physically there and touring is still the most effective way. It shows a group is making the effort still and coming out to reach their fans further afield.

This would mean that in recent years they've travelled touring shows to Europe, Asia, Australasia and the Middle East!

I just wish they would at least do a show in the US. Just one is enough for me. It doesn't have to be a big show, just them and the band would be enough for us US fans. New York, LA I don't care. Just come and I'll fly there.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 20th September 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #495
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Duplicate post see below

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 20th September 2017, 10:04 PM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 20th September 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #496
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
I found a great website out of curiosity called setlist which lists all concerts by artists through their years and out of interest these are all countries Take That have done a full concert in if anyone interested:

TAKE THAT (In brackets first year Take That concert in that country)

AFRICA:

No countries as yet

ASIA:

Indonesia (1995)
Japan (1995)
Singapore (1995)
Taiwan (2007)
Thailand (1995)

AUSTRALASIA:

Australia (1995)
New Zealand (2017)

EUROPE:

Austria (1995)
Belgium (1994)
Denmark (1994)
Finland (1994)
France (2008)
Germany (1994)
Ireland (1993)
Italy (1995)
Jersey (2017)
Netherlands (1994)
Spain (2007)
Sweden (1994)
Switzerland (1995)
UK (1992)

MIDDLE EAST:

Israel (2017)
UAE (2015)

NORTH AMERICA:

Mexico (1993)

SOUTH AMERICA:

No countries as yet

Top 5 countries by most concerts Take That

1.UK
2.Germany
3=Ireland/Italy
4.Australia
5.Netherlands

It seems they have strong requests on social media in terms of nations looking for a first time TT concert in their country mainly from US, Canada, Chile, Portugal, Romania, Poland, Russia, Peru, Paraguay, South Africa, Argentina and Brazil the most.

I looked at some other big boybands and some like Backstreet Boys really have been all over the world multiple times even playing small countries like Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia etc. They have played lots of countries across all the continents and although TT ended up global I wish they too were as driven to go out to these places.
The willingness in recent years from Take That however is a good start from them.

So in terms of touring since the reunion 2005 (12 years) by nations:

First 6 years (05-11): UK, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Taiwan, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, France (11 nations)

Last 6 years (12-17): UK, Germany, Jersey, Denmark, UAE, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Israel (15 nations)

Take That may not have done a lot of international concerts as yet however they did a lot of traveling overseas instead for TV promotion appearances. This was their promo schedule in the 90's outside of the UK on foreign TV shows/magazine shoots but not any actual concerts. The tours in countries are documented above which nations TT have done concerts. Listed below are national television shows and publications promotion trips.

France, Spain, Germany

January: Germany and Sweden
February: USA and Canada
March: Taiwan and Japan
April: Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway and Finland
May: USA and Mexico
September: Japan, South Korea

January: Belgium, Germany and France
February: Italy
March: Spain, Denmark
April: Italy, Switzerland, Finland and France
June: Japan and Australia
November: Netherlands and Italy

January: Switzerland, France and Germany
April: Monaco
June: Italy, Germany, France and Spain
October: USA and Canada

March: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Austria
April: Belgium and the Netherlands

Spain

Taiwan, Japan, Germany, Spain, Australia, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland

Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Greece

Netherlands, Italy, Denmark, Germany

Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Sweden

Denmark, Germany, Italy, France

Germany, Ireland, Netherlands

Germany, Italy

Singapore, Thailand

USA, Australia

Take That have done concerts in 24 countries (I've already included Israel/New Zealand), Westlife 35 nations and Backstreet Boys 55 countries.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 30th September 2017, 09:45 PM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 24th September 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #497
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Out of curiosity I also looked at Robbie touring through the years and these are all countries Robbie has done a full concert in if anyone interested:

ROBBIE WILLIAMS

AFRICA:

South Africa

ASIA:

Hong Kong
Japan
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand

AUSTRALASIA:

Australia
New Zealand

EUROPE:

Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Monaco
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Serbia
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

MIDDLE EAST:

Israel
UAE

NORTH AMERICA:

Canada
Mexico
United States

SOUTH AMERICA:

Argentina
Brazil
Chile

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 24th September 2017, 05:41 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 24th September 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #498
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
For the fans they have in America, it would be great if they do something on the tour there as it would be great for the fans.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 28th September 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #499
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
For the USA and South America argument I've found two great articles on that where someone has actually totalled it up and done market research for it.

USA

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...-tour-in-the-us

South America

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...n-south-america

Now if only this could be handed to TT management and read...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...t-band-11248044

Luckily this interview says they are wanting to go to South America as well as Russia which would be fantastic and long overdue!

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 28th September 2017, 08:08 PM

+Quote this post
jay727
post 24th October 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #500
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273
Wonder if they’ll release the DVD and a deluxe CD again for Xmas?

+Quote this post

27 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 01:13 PM