BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Clean Bandit | Ultimate Rate RESULTS, complete on page 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Thanks to the 26 of you who voted (27 including myself), it's now time to count down your fave Clean Bandit songs.

The results will be split into the three sections used in the voting, as a few people didn't vote for the album tracks and most of us didn't rate all of the remixes.

So firstly here's the results of the remixes and features.

27 7.90 Say It (Clean Bandit Remix) (Flume feat. Tove Lo)
28 6.58 To Ü (Clean Bandit Remix) (Jack Ü feat. AlunaGeorge)
29 6.57 Love Again (Clean Bandit Remix) (Rae Morris)
30 6.40 Intentions (Gorgon City feat. Clean Bandit)
31 6.00 Waiting All Night (Clean Bandit Remix) (Rudimental feat. Ella Eyre)
32 5.57 Alone (Clean Bandit Remix) (Halsey feat. Big Sean & Stefflon Don)
33 5.40 Wanderlust (Clean Bandit Remix) (The Weeknd)
34 5.25 Stargazer (Clean Bandit Remix) (End Of The World)
35 5.00 A&E (Clean Bandit VIP)
36 3.00 Come Over (Clean Bandit VIP)

Unsurprisingly the fave remix here is that of 'Say It', which propelled the song into the official UK top 75 upon its release, and with a high average of 7.90 (from ten voters) it would be ranked at #8 if the results were not split.

Next up, the album tracks.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tangela
post 3rd June 2018, 10:16 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Tangelic
User: 23,643

"Come Over" only got a 3?! Dafuq

Edit: just realised that's the VIP remix tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Midge: 3rd June 2018, 10:17 AM

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #3
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

The first batch of album tracks...

21 6.03 Up Again (feat. Rae Morris)

This has the makings of a good track, it starts off rather nicely with the orchestral elements and lovely Rae Morris vocal, but I really can't get into the budget drum n' bass section. Would've been better if it just stayed in ballad mode, although it would still not be as strong as their singles generally are. 6/10 is about right for this.

22 5.50 Nightingale (feat. Nikki Cislyn)

This has similar drawbacks to the song above, it's clearly very early days for Clean Bandit here as it's kinda just there and the production isn't as refined as their later work. And they really cannot do drum n' bass that well. The vocalist isn't that great either.

23 5.47 Birch (feat. Eliza Shaddad)

This is rather boring and doesn't have a lot going for it, which is a problem with quite a few of their album tracks unfortunately. Another one clearly made before they got big.

24 5.44 UK Shanty (feat. Eliza Shaddad)

Well this one has more to it than 'Birch', but again lacking a strong hook. Got a decent synth line and orchestration though but they've very much improved since.

25 5.39 New Eyes (feat. Lizzo)

Their worst song for me, the vocoder on that guy's voice really does not work, it's quite slow and boring and there's no proper hook, and they don't even attempt to use their violins. Lizzo is okay here but there's only so much she can do to attempt to save the song, the rap just isn't all that suited to it.

26 5.31 Outro Movement III

Well it's only an interlude and with no vocals so I understand it being last, but it really deserves to be higher than at least 'New Eyes' and 'Birch', it's got rather lovely instrumentation and it's a good way to end the album.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 3rd June 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Now now Dan, let's not be shading the album tracks, they're fab in their own right! Up Again deserves to be much higher.

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

18 7.22 Show Me Love (feat. Elisabeth Troy)

Back when everyone and their dog were doing versions of the 90s dance classic 'Shoe Me Love', Clean Bandit did a fresh take on it with the iconic instrumental hook being played on violin and it really does the original justice.

19 6.58 Heart On Fire (feat. Elisabeth Troy)

One of the better album tracks in my opinion, this would've made for a good single if they wanted to keep the era going before going for an album re-release with new single 'Stronger', it's very upbeat and has a great vocal and hook, I'd love to hear them go in this direction for some of their future album tracks (as clearly they are now too big to release something like this as a single).

20 6.03 Rihanna (feat. Noonie Bao)

This is quite sweet, but not strong enough for me to give it anything above a 5/10. I'm not so big on their downtempo ones clearly.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 3rd June 2018, 11:00 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

#shamelessplug

Whilst we're doing this, I couldn't find my old CB Spotify playlist that I made in my deleted playlists so created a new one this morning incl. Show Me Love which I had no idea was on Spotify and their version of Work From Home!

I find the This Is: Clean Bandit playlist lacking and the Complete playlist with too many fillers/remixes so my one is just perfect tongue.gif

Follow here.

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #7
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

15 7.83 Stronger (feat. Olly Alexander)

Before they beefed this up for the single release it featured a then not so well known Olly Alexander of Years & Years. It's still good but I'd take the single version over it it just has a bit more going for it.

16 7.71 Telephone Banking (feat. Love Ssega)

So ignoring the album version of 'Stronger' this is by quite a way the fave album track and it's a good choice here as it's a rather fun song. I love the Nintendo synths and the violins are put to great use, it's upbeat and the production sounds more full than many of their other early stuff, not to mention the great 'hey Grace what's up' hook.

17 7.32 Cologne (feat. Nikki Cislyn and Javeon)

It probably needs a few more listens for me as I keep forgetting how it sounds but skimming it now it is rather good, in the top tier of their album tracks certainly. Got a nice housey beat and synths.

...up next are the singles! which of those will be deemed the least favourite then?

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #8
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

oh wow you found Show Me Love on Spotify!! thanks.

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 11:21 AM
Post #9
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

12 7.02 Come Over (feat. Stylo G)

This sounds like one of their better album tracks, but was actually put out there as a post-album single, though it sadly missed the top 40. It's nice to actually hear some Grace vocals here and Stylo G's inclusion surprisingly works well

13 6.50 Disconnect (feat. Marina and the Diamonds)

Not an 'official' single, but well known enough on here for me to include it with the rest of them, it was quietly released to please fans who had been waiting for years for it. It's quite nice but nothing more than that really, their proper singles have been a lot stronger.

14 6.50 A&E (feat. Kandaka Moore and Nikki Cislyn)

Sad to see this as the lowest of their official singles, though it was their lowest charting one so I'm not surprised. The 40 second intro with just the instruments is just lovely, and then it quickly turns into a bop, really brings together all the elements that make Clean Bandit as great as they are, so a shame that this is rather underrated.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd June 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Nice to see Telephone Banking so high up in the album tracks wub.gif I'm disappointed at Come Over being so low though cry.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 3rd June 2018, 11:24 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

A+E is stunning, definitely one of their best! Come Over is one that I always brush over but when I actually sit and listen to it I really enjoy it!

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #12
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

09 7.52 Dust Clears (feat. Noonie Bao)

Quite subtle this and indeed it took me until the release of 'Rather Be' for me to actually enjoy it, it's rather lovely though, I like the way the production grows throughout and the robotic vocals actually work well here unlike in 'New Eyes' (yes I'm going to keep shading that). Anyway I'm surprised that it's managed to get ahead of a major single...

10 7.41 I Miss You (feat. Julia Michaels)

Their most recent hit until a few weeks ago it was more downbeat than usual which made it perfect for a winter release. Not helped by 2 people giving it -1s, it was otherwise generally really liked and should have placed a bit higher than #10. It's not up with their absolute best but it's rather lovely and shows their versatility.

11 7.31 Extraordinary (feat. Sharna Bass)

Another rather underrated single, not helped by coming right after the massive 'Rather Be' though it did manage to make the top five anyway. One of their best for me, I think it does the bittersweet feeling better than 'I Miss You', it also like 'A&E' has another great intro and slow build and when the beat kicks in it's also a bop.

+Quote this post
Tangela
post 3rd June 2018, 11:48 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Tangelic
User: 23,643

"Extraordinary" is one of those that has grown on me over time but seemed so average after "Rather Be". I found the chorus quite dull and a letdown - it's quite monotonous.

+Quote this post
danG
post 3rd June 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #14
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

06 8.06 Solo (feat. Demi Lovato)

A strong start for their current single, though not enough to make the top five (which personally I don't think it deserves especially this early into its chart run). Another great single of theirs though it isn't quite up there with their absolute best. It also seems to be falling fast in people's affections so it will be interesting to see how this holds up in future rates. For now, 8/10 seems about right.

07 7.96 Real Love (feat. Jess Glynne)

The first of their Jess Glynne collaborations to appear and of course it's this one that drops out first, it was great to see them work together again and I would love to hear a part three from them soon too. As it's been said it's not quite up to 'Rather Be' but at least it's not an attempt to re-create that song and this gives something a bit different. Another great song from the both of them. It also started their current run of top ten hits which has to this day not been broken.

08 7.85 Stronger (feat. Alex Newell and Sean Bass)

So this gets a better rate average than the Olly Alexander version, just. It is the better version for me anyway as the strong backing vocals really make it work better. It's another great addition to their singles discography, very upbeat which I like.

++

So now I'm gonna wait a bit before revealing the top five so you can make some predictions and comments. The following make up the top five.

Mozart's House (feat. Love Ssega)
 Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne)
 Rockabye (feat. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie)
 Symphony (feat. Zara Larsson)
 Tears (feat. Louisa Johnson)

Three of the above have an average of above 9/10.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd June 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hooray for 'Telephone Banking' doing so well in the album tracks *.* and I'm pleased to see 'Mozart's House' top 5 for singles wub.gif that did get quite a few top scores but I thought it would be dragged down considerably by the low scores I saw for it. I'm totally envisioning a 'Symphony' win here but hoping for 'Rockabye' to have somehow snatched it instead. (fully expecting 'Mozart's House' to be 5th)

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 3rd June 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Hopefully Rockabye can be higher than Symphony, with Rather Be #1 because it just has to be

Wow we're shooting through these results tongue.gif Shame Olly's Stronger couldn't get a better score, it's so much better than the single version tbh which is just a bit too shouty

Also boo at the Say It remix beating To U sad.gif

This post has been edited by Dexton: 3rd June 2018, 12:05 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 3rd June 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

'Mozart's House' to win

I didn't vote in this oop x Shame to see 'A+E' and 'Come Over' so low sad.gif Also find 'I Miss You' quite underrated, that's up there with their best for me, and 'Dust Clears' deserved better too although that's actually higher than I would have predicted. 'Stronger' is easily their worst single for me.

I've heard quite a few of the album tracks surprisingly despite having not listened to the album - 'Nightingale' deserved wayyy better!! And I really like 'UK Shanty' and 'Telephone Banking' as well.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd June 2018, 12:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Great to see Stronger so high, although it should be Top 5. Mozart's House to win out of those, not feeling Tears or Symphony at all really oops

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 3rd June 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #19
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Come on Mozart's House *.*

Also not here for Dan shading many of the album tracks nono.gif