BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #3, nightmare people // + track links + writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jan 23 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
As BJSC101 opens, my entry this time round by Femme En Fourrure ascends to the top of my charts. The odd collective first popped up on my radar last year with weird alt track Creepers, this one's just that bit more accessible and more catchy, too. Previous chart toppers from Eminem and Inna hold on at #2 and #3 respectively. Liam Payne and Rita Ora's Fifty Shades soundtrack song charges right in at #5, this week's highest new entry and Rita's third consecutive top 5 for me, talk about a renaissance for an artist I was originally very lukewarm on. The rest of the top ten goes to new faces minus Lana Del Rey as several tracks see a surge this week.

In terms of brand new entries, Rita and Liam are joined this week by tracks from Troye Sivan, Simian Ghost (a band who I think people are sleeping on, check them out!), previous chart topper Dawin, Paloma Faith, RAYE and Mr Eazi, Macklemore and Kesha, Snny, Veela, Odesza, Skott, Niall Horan, LissA, Taylor Swift and the Corrs. I never claimed not to have diverse music taste! Just outside this week's top 40, new tracks from Amanda Delara (another BJSC entry this month from someone else, I see), Pink, and Everything Everything just miss the cutoff. Maybe next week will be their time to shine.

New entries will be linked a bit later on in the week to save you hunting for them, so check back to see those, and feel free to peek at my (linked) weekly playlists in the meantime.

And with all that out of the way, here's this week's top 40 list:

01 Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari - Ride [34-3-1]
02 Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran - River [14-1-2]
03 Inna - Nirvana [36-4-1-2-3]
04 Grey ft. Skott - Crime (Acoustic) [6-4]
05 Liam Payne ft. Rita Ora - For You (Fifty Shades Freed) [N]
06 Lana Del Rey - Change [12-5-6]
07 MGMT - When You Die [39-37-37-7]
08 A$AP Ferg ft. Nicki Minaj - Plain Jane Remix [21-8]
09 Peking Duk ft. Icona Pop - Let You Down [29-9]
10 Paramore - Forgiveness [32-10]
11 RKCB ft. Nate Fox - Reasons [23-11]
12 GoldLink ft. Shy Glizzy + Brent Faiyaz - Crew [20-12]
13 Troye Sivan - My My My [N]
14 Kimbra - Everybody Knows [27-9-14]
15 Simian Ghost - Eat the Rich [N]
16 Kiri T - Roll Deep in the Feels [36-16]
17 LissA - My Way Up [N]
18 Chris Lane ft. Tori Kelly - Take Back Home Girl [12-18]
19 The XX - Say Something Loving [15-19]
20 Wolfie ft. Renz - Maintain [34-20]
21 Tom Redwood - I've Fallen for You (Remix) [28-13-21]
22 Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me [14-22]
23 Preatures - Something New [5-4-4-1-7-8-23]
24 Foster the People - Static Space Lover [16-24]
25 Lily Allen ft. Giggs - Trigger Bang [16-5-5-4-25]
26 Alt-J - Hares on the Mountain [35-26]
27 Starley - Been Meaning to Tell You [11-24-27]
28 Paloma Faith - Kings and Queens [N]
29 Dawin - Panther [N]
30 David Guetta ft. Afrojack, French Montana + Charli XCX - Dirty Sexy Money [31-30]
31 Macklemore ft. Kesha - Good Old Days [N]
32 RAYE ft. Mr Eazi - Decline [N]
33 Taylor Swift ft. Future + Ed Sheeran - End Game [N]
34 Niall Horan - On the Loose [N]
35 Left. - Thank Me Later [29-25-35]
36 snny - Young Boy [N]
37 Kooma ft. Veela - Sculpture [N]
38 Corrs - Butter Flutter [N]
39 Skott - Stay Off My Mind [N]
40 Odesza ft. Leon Bridges - Across the Room [38-X7-40]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Jan 26 2018, 03:47 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
toffochews
post Jan 23 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,120
39 Skott - Stay Off My Mind [N]
been listening to this all week, it's really good!

good chart!

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Jan 23 2018, 12:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hello Jupiter!
Nice new entries from Liam Payne & Rita Ora, Troye Sivan, Macklemore, Raye, Taylor Swift and Niall Horan!
Great chart overall!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jan 26 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
New song links for the week! Let's start with the pop

Liam Payne and Rita Ora doing a song together, if you'd said to me last year that I'd be stanning it I'dve laughed you out of the room. Liam's solo career so far has been underwhelming at best, and Rita I was lukewarm on musically and as a person too for years. Her stint on XF won me over to her personality, but it wasn't really until Lonely Together she won me over musically. (Your Song was not really my thing). Then she comes out with the amazing Anywhere and boom, I'm team Ora. This soundtrack song is just another notch, really solid, and probably my fave Fifty Shades soundtrack main theme so far. Video looks amazing too. Also in this pop section, comeback songs from RAYE and Troye Sivan - the former okay but not groundbreaking, the latter, really quite different for Troye, shades of Freddie Mercury there (that confidence) and Olly Alexander too (that dancing), and it's nice to have an actual male gay icon to stan for right now. (Sorry Sam Smith) Kesha notches another new entry too since her chart comeback last year, alongside Macklemore, while Niall Horan's AT On the Loose lands as my pick for what should be the next single. Taylor's End Game, the one feature on her album unsurprisingly becomes the latest single and lands to become her fourth top 40 so far from Reputation.

A section here for acts with a fair amount of existing chart history for me. LissA's been from strength to strength through 2017, landing two top 30s followed by a further 3 top 20s, both collabs, and solo material, she's one I'd recommend with a very solid quality of releases. Paloma Faith scores her second charter here from latest album The Architect and so far the most accessible of what I've heard, this one should see a large rise next week. The Corrs land a second charter from latest album Jupiter Calling, that's five now they've managed in the last two years, not bad for a band that peaked in the 90s. Dawin's Panther is a slightly more mature, Jason Derulo-esque effort from the rapper currently best known for Minion meme song Dessert from 2015, while Skott's latest solo release gives her a second entry in the current top 40 to go with her current top 5 collab with Grey. She has a previous solo top 5 too, BJSC 2017 entry Mermaid, which peaked at #2 on my charts.

And finally some tracks from probably the least well known acts this week. Simian Ghost have been around for a while but are really impacting my charts strongly with their latest, fifth, self-titled album. They're a Swedish group who deliver solid, Miike Snow/Phoenix-esque indie pop. Snny brings some Khalid/Frank Ocean/Dev Hynes indie to the mix, while the other two are more electronica styled. The Kooma track is just the latest feature Veela's put out, I'm a big fan of her voice and style and I've charted a lot of her collabs before. She's still not very well known, so I'm glad to boost her here. And that's them all for this third week of Jan! Comments welcome as ever.

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: Jan 26 2018, 03:48 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:27 AM