BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Australia Bushfires
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 2nd January 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Horrific news in Australia with Bushfires that has been raging for some days now, a few lives have been lost. I've got relations around Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, as far as I know they are all well. bit concerning though, when I hear all about it in the news, So much devastation.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd January 2020, 11:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Jan 2 2020, 10:58 PM) *
Horrific news in Australia with Bushfires that has been raging for some days now, a few lives have been lost. I've got relations around Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, as far as I know they are all well. bit concerning though, when I hear all about it in the news, So much devastation.

The big cities will be OK, it's the more sparsely populated areas that are bad. Problem is with that part of the country, I don't think any rain is due until February so things are only likely to get worse.

+Quote this post
danG
post 2nd January 2020, 11:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I don't believe anyone that I know there has been affected but nonetheless that is very bad news to start the decade and with climate change bushfires will likely be more of a regular occurrence although hopefully not on this scale.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 2nd January 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Horrible news, so sad for the rising death toll and people left homeless, as well as the many billions of animals that have died.

Unfortunately, events of this scale won't be going away and yet still we have world leaders, including the Australian PM, constantly refusing to address climate change, bleak times.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd January 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

The absolute majority of my friends are in Queensland so thankfully they’ve not been impacted by this. It’s absolutely haunting imagery. It’s a continent used to wildfires, but this years are so bad and in so many areas that haven’t seen them for well over a century.

I feel so badly for them all and they’ve got the worst government to have at this time. Like their PM went on holiday to Hawaii just after the really really big fires started growing and polluting the air around Sydney. Absolute donkey

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post 3rd January 2020, 05:48 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 19,614

The universal disdain towards Morrison is the only thing getting me through this (but golly, maybe we shouldn't have voted for him last year). I'm safe where I am but all the images I see of it really feel dystopian.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 3rd January 2020, 05:55 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

These and the Amazon fires happening within 12 months of each other, the world is just on fire now.

I pray they get put out soon and the areas affected can begin to recover.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 7th January 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #8
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Most of these bigger fires will rage on for at least the next two months, the land affected may not increase so much once/if cooler weather begins but smoke will still engulf the country especially in NSW Vic, and ACT.

A news update from this morning said WA is now cut off by road to all other states, cyclone in the North, flooding in the centre, and bushfires in the south mean food supplies (mainly fruit & veg) will be severely impacted. I go home in a weeks time and the conditions can only get worse from me

This post has been edited by Dexton: 7th January 2020, 09:22 AM

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 7th January 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Really terrible. If you look at a map of Australia there are so many fires and some are even joining up now.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 16th January 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Finally in some parts they have rain now.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 16th January 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yes seen it on the news. Good.

+Quote this post
razai
post 17th January 2020, 07:35 AM
Post #12
Group icon
New Entry
User: 100,713

Besides the rain, there is another good news coming from Australia. The firefighters saved the Wollemi Pine (with less than 200 left), a tree that has existed since the age of the dinosaurs.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th January 2020, 08:17 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(razai @ Jan 17 2020, 07:35 AM) *
Besides the rain, there is another good news coming from Australia. The firefighters saved the Wollemi Pine (with less than 200 left), a tree that has existed since the age of the dinosaurs.

It remains grim overall, but at least there is some good news.

+Quote this post
razai
post 1st February 2020, 11:21 AM
Post #14
Group icon
New Entry
User: 100,713

More than 50 fires are still burning, but the good news is that nature started to take its place back. Some areas started to be green again, but as the rangers say, the true recovery period for a fire event of this size could be decades. sad.gif

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 1st February 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yeah thought all the fires were now out but saw on the news today that quite a few are still burning. Is this going to be an annual thing then?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:23 AM