BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robbie and Take That
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Laura130262
post Jan 6 2019, 01:07 AM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 5 2019, 07:42 AM) *
It was interesting reading about the ultimatum that Robbie was given to either sh** or get off the pot so to speak , tbh I can see why , I do not think anyone realistically believe that you could depend on Robbie who changes his mind like the wind depending on the situation & the lads know that but they do not fall out over it anymore . I thought it was irresponsible of him to break the news to the journalist about Jason leaving but that's Robbie, opens his big mouth when put under pressure

Sorry to read that Gary has someone ill in the family, hope all is ok

Yes he does change his mind an awful lot which is fine when you're a solo performer but not when you have three or four other people relying on you.

Personally I don't think he will ever commit to another full album/tour with TT. I think that time has passed. I think he will just do the odd collaboration like he is doing now with them.

I think I'm happy with that. Progress was so perfect for me - it would only be spoilt by doing it all over again. It would never be as good. No point in revisiting.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 6 2019, 11:00 AM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 6 2019, 01:07 AM) *
Personally I don't think he will ever commit to another full album/tour with TT. I think that time has passed. I think he will just do the odd collaboration like he is doing now with them.

I agree Laura , I do think that time has passed

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jan 13 2019, 01:29 AM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
Does anybody know why Eight Letters was on Progress and also on Take The Crown?

I think I prefer the Take The Crown version, I like hearing his raw voice without all that soft editing on the track.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 13 2019, 08:08 AM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jan 13 2019, 01:29 AM) *

I think I prefer the Take The Crown version, I like hearing his raw voice without all that soft editing on the track.

They wrote the song together so I guess why not, I have no idea really , I just buy the albums as they come along tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Lundi
post Jan 13 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 81,936
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jan 13 2019, 02:29 AM) *

On Progress the song is sung by Gary and I assume Rob wanted to sing it too, so he took it on Take The Crown.

By the way I am lurking since a few weeks and now I have registered so I am the new one here cheer.gif .

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Jan 13 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575
Welcome, Lundi

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jan 13 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Lundi @ Jan 13 2019, 05:47 PM) *
On Progress the song is sung by Gary and I assume Rob wanted to sing it too, so he took it on Take The Crown.
By the way I am lurking since a few weeks and now I have registered so I am the new one here cheer.gif .

Hi Lundi, delighted to have you on board cheer.gif

We are always looking for new people to post on here s everyone is welcome wink.gif

Here are two versions of the song

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 14 2019, 12:03 AM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think it was because in the TT documentary RW was singing it and some people said they wanted to hear his recorded version, so he put it on TTC.

I actually prefer the Progress version with GB singing and Robbie on the last line or preferably when they sing it together. smile.gif

It's a very beautiful song. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 14 2019, 12:05 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 13 2019, 09:26 PM) *
Hi Lundi, delighted to have you on board cheer.gif

We are always looking for new people to post on here s everyone is welcome wink.gif
Here are two versions of the song

I was at the O2 that night. I thought the roof was going to come off when they sung this. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jan 14 2019, 12:10 AM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Hi Lundi smile.gif

+Quote this post
Lundi
post Jan 14 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 81,936
Hello everyone, I'm happy to be here too yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jan 14 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jan 13 2019, 08:08 AM) *
They wrote the song together so I guess why not, I have no idea really , I just buy the albums as they come along tongue.gif

Fair enough, hehe cool.gif

Oh hi, welcome to the forum smile.gif

Any Robbie/Take That fan is welcome here cheer.gif

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Jan 14 2019, 12:03 AM) *
I think it was because in the TT documentary RW was singing it and some people said they wanted to hear his recorded version, so he put it on TTC.

I actually prefer the Progress version with GB singing and Robbie on the last line or preferably when they sing it together. smile.gif
It's a very beautiful song. wub.gif

Ok, that makes sense and yeah I agree that it is definitely a beautiful song

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Feb 23 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
"Take That": At heart we are still teen stars

Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen talk about the new musical "The Band" in an interview and reveal how they feel today.
Where they used to be: screech alarm! And today? Celebrate "Take That"'s 30th anniversary and want to know it again: their musical starts in Berlin, there's also a new album plus a tour.

30th anniversary and a new musical! Let's remember: "Take That" was formed in 1990 in Manchester with Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Robbie Williams, who was 16 at the time. Robbie left the band in 1995 - the split followed in 1996. In 2005, there was a reunion without Robbie, the 2012 while once again with "Take That" occurs, but otherwise pursued his solo career. In 2014, Jason will leave.

Currently the band consists of Gary, Howard and Mark. Robbie makes guest appearances with the band. In an interview with BILD der FRAU the three musicians of "Take That" talk about the new musical "The Band" - and what their life looks like today.

The hits of "Take That", sung and danced by five "doppelgangers", form the backdrop for a heartbreaking story: It's the year 1992, five 16-year-old girlfriends are huge fans of "The Band". As adults, their paths cross again and all forgotten teen dreams awaken ... "It's about the power of music and how it manages to revive a friendship," says successful author Tim Firth. "The Band" starts in Berlin in April, followed by the German tour in October.

Bild der Frau: In the musical, boys are on stage, performing like you did back in the 90's. What is going on in your mind?

Gary Barlow: The boys are so skinny! (Laughs) You just look too good! And they sing too well! Dreadful!

Howard Donald: When you see their energy, the friendship between them reminds us very much of us back then. The good: We are still close friends.

Do you get a bit wistful looking back?

Mark Owen: Of course it's exciting when you're 20. But even more beautiful is to be 47 today and say: Wow, I've come that far!

See a short greeting from the band to the fans. Your words in English translated: "Hello everyone, we are" Take That "and you can read our interview on PICTURE OF WOMAN."

Your musical is coming to Berlin now. What does that mean to you?

Gary: Very much. In Germany, we had our first TV appearance at the beginning of the 90s - our first ever appearance outside of England. The German fans have always remained faithful to us over the past 30 years.

Howard: My big daughter lives in Münster. That's why I also have a strong bond with Germany in my private life. And during our band break between 1996 and 2005, I worked as a DJ in German clubs. I have many friends there since then.

You worked on the musical?

Gary: Yes, of course it's about our biggest hits too. But most of all to our fans, to five girls in boygroup fever.

"Take That" about aging

Are you getting along well with aging?

Howard: I have two small children, one and two years old. I can not recommend a 50-year-old to have children (winks). If I am really tired, I would like to trade with the boys in the musical and want to be 20 again.

Mark: My body is 47, the rest 20.

Gary: We are all fathers. But in the heart still teen stars!

Do you actually listen to German music?

Howard: I especially those of Herbert Grönemeyer. And Fanta4, they also started about 30 years ago. I still remember when articles about us were written in the same "Bravo" ...

"Take That" about life today

Do you still have goals?

Gary: Just keep going. The last few years have been so nice with the tours.

Is your life better today than it was before?

Howard: Everything is better! We now have children and a family life. This is a completely new life experience. It's not always about "Take That". Now it's more about the real life.

Gary: I like the look back - on the success. And that we are still curious anyway. I'm still excited before I go on stage. But in the past we were more selfish, today we want to be good people too.

Your tour to the album "Odyssey" will start in April. Do you miss Robbie and Jason?

Mark: Yes, yes. But in the heart they are always there. We often ask ourselves: what would Jason say or Rob? And right now, in this jubilee year, we meet more often with Robbie.

The musical with the music of Take That from the 90s celebrates its German premiere on April 11 at the Stage Theater of the West in Berlin. More information can be found here .

By the way: Many interesting contributions to catchy melodies and their interpreters can be found on our topic page Schlager.

https://www.bildderfrau.de/promi-party/arti...enie-Stars.html

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jun 7 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
ROBBIE WILLIAMS ‘TO JOIN’ TAKE THAT PERFORMANCE AT GIBRALTAR CALLING FESTIVAL

However Williams is not confirmed to be there in person and is expected to only appear in a video or ‘digital format’ at some point in the performance. sleep.gif

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/201...lling-festival/

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jun 9 2019, 10:53 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Someone posted this on Upfront.

Footage of TT over the last 30 years. smile.gif

It's nice. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Jun 26 2019, 05:56 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Gary Barlow says no space for Robbie Williams on Take That tour: ‘It’s about the three of us’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/26/gary-barlow-...48/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Jun 26 2019, 10:51 PM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Jun 26 2019, 06:56 PM) *
Gary Barlow says no space for Robbie Williams on Take That tour: ‘It’s about the three of us’
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/26/gary-barlow-...48/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

He must be sick of answering questions about RW. Good job he's such a gentleman.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 13 2023, 06:39 AM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
How true or not this is I do not know unsure.gif Jason was seen for the first time in public a few months back so maybe there is some truth in the rumour

Beloved 90s boy band Take That to release 'emotional' new music after five year break

Iconic 90s boy band Take That is preparing to drop a new song and music video next week, marking the UK group's first fresh material in five years An iconic 90s boy band is set to release brand new music after a five-year-long hiatus, much to the excitement of their devout fanbase.

Take That is working on their ninth studio album, which will include their first original material since they dropped their 2017 record Wonderland. Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald have reportedly already produced the music video for the song.

While Robbie Williams and Jason Orange won't appear on camera, it's been rumoured their signature vocals could feature on the highly-anticipated tune. Gary has already shared a teaser for the mystery song, which he has described as "emotional" and reflective of where he and his bandmates "are in our lives now."

"It sounds really different," Gary told the Sun. "I think 2017 was our last official new music and this one I am so excited for you to hear."
The former X Factor judge also revealed Take That fans can anticipate a deviation from the band's previous songs, explaining their upcoming material "sounds really different and emotional and fitting for where we are now in our lives." Gary, 52, went on to confirm they're "very proud" of what they have created, after confessing in 2021 that he was itching to get back in the studio with his bandmates. "I am desperate to get back into the band if I’m honest," he said. "For us, 2023 will be a big year for Take That. It is Mark, Howard and me for the next few years."

In May, the three musicians signed with EMI Records, a renowned UK record label that has previously worked with Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift. "It’s very clear that Jo, Rebecca and all the team at EMI share our love and passion for music, and our ambition, and we are very excited about working together," Take That said in a statement.

Speaking on Good Morning Britain in June, Gary revealed he is open to the possibility of Robbie Williams and Jason Orange re-joining the band at some point in the future. Robbie famously ditched the band in 1995 to pursue a solo career, before returning briefly in 2010. Jason departed in 2014, after it was reported he simply didn't wish to live life in the spotlight anymore. Despite this, Gary and Mark appear to be optimistic a reunion could still be on the cards.

"When the time's right it'll happen," Gary said, before being echoed by Mark who added, "I'm not sure, we all hope one day it might happen."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...d-take-30922518

This post has been edited by Sydney11: Sep 13 2023, 06:39 AM

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Sep 13 2023, 07:26 AM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584
As I thought after Mark's performance ))
Would be cool to hear Rob and Jason together again!!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:40 PM