BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Harry Styles at the BBC, BBC1 | hosted by Nick Grimshaw this November
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 20th August 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
BBC Music today announce Harry Styles At The BBC - a world-exclusive hour-long entertainment show hosted by Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw - to be broadcast on BBC One this autumn.

Harry, who earlier this year began his career as a solo artist when he premiered his debut single Sign Of The Times on The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw, will perform tracks from his self-titled number one debut album - as well as talking to friend Nick about his career and life to date, being a solo artist and the start of his acting career.

The one-off 60-minute special from BBC Studios, filmed in front of a live studio audience in Manchester, will be broadcast on BBC One in November and will include songs Harry has never previously performed for a TV audience.

The show follows in the footsteps of Adele At The BBC and Michael Bublé At The BBC, which were both BBC Studios productions. Broadcast in November 2015 on BBC One, Adele At The BBC, presented by Graham Norton, was nominated for Best Entertainment Programme at the Bafta Awards. A sketch within the programme, which saw Adele impersonate herself in-front of Adele impersonators, broke the BBC YouTube channel record by gaining over 60 million views.

The recording will take place in Manchester on 30 August. Registration to apply for tickets to be in the audience is open from 10am on 21 August until 11.55pm on 22 August – please see the Shows & Tours website for further details.

BBC Worldwide is the international distributor for the title.

Nick Grimshaw says: “Harry is a great performer and full of so many wonderful stories about his extraordinary career, which he'll be sharing with us, I can't wait for this show!”

Bob Shennan, Director of BBC Radio and Music says: “BBC Music is committed to supporting a range of new and established acts, and I’m very happy that we’re able to bring Harry to BBC One this autumn for such a unique show.”

Guy Freeman, Editor, Special Events and Formats, BBC Studios says: “These shows are all about creating a world in which superstars like Harry feel incredibly comfortable and alongside their brilliant, live performances, can simply have fun and enjoy revealing more of themselves to viewers than is ever normally possible.”

Source

How exciting!! ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 21st August 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
The BBC have become obsessed with Harry. I don't think he's quite earnt the status of a full one hour primetime show yet .

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 2nd November 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
This is on right now! I've missed it so will probably watch on catch up although I'm not really a fan of the Harry/Grimmy dynamic.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd November 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Setlist:

Sweet Creature
Two Ghosts
The Chain (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Woman
Carolina
Girl Crush (Little Big Town cover)
Sign of the Times

Really enjoyed it as expected, Grimmy wasn't anywhere near as annoying as I expected him to be and Harry came across brilliantly, loved the bingo VT! laugh.gif Sign of the Times is always an experience and remains my song of the year wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 3rd November 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Rated 1.40m (7.4%) last night which I'm quite disappointed with.

The breakdown of demographic was as follows:

C4-15: 61k (6.0%)
16-34: 233k (9.0%)
35-44: 203k (9.8%)
45-54: 313k (9.2%)
55-64: 243k (6.85%)
65+: 334k (5.2%)

So Harry Styles is most popular with OAPs! laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to watching this on catch-up; I've heard good things about it and the majority of Harry's performances this year have been fantastic.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 12th November 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
QUOTE(liamk97 @ Nov 3 2017, 11:47 PM) *
So Harry Styles is most popular with OAPs! laugh.gif

Obviously keeping an eye out to see if they appeared in the bingo scene! tongue.gif

I'm just watching through it now, I'm not overly familiar with his album apart from the singles and "Sweet Creature" - why on earth hasn't "Woman" been made a single?! It's the most commercial-sounding song left and doesn't feel as pretentious as "Kiwi".

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:59 AM