BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pop Forum Advent Calendar, Door 24... FINAL DAY ��
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
*Tim
post 21st December 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #81
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Omg I never call her Belly

THAT WAS A LEGIT TYPO I DONT FATSHAME

(Unless I hate ur guts)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 21st December 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #82
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

QUOTE(santa @ Dec 21 2017, 01:52 PM) *
'City Of Stars' and 'Forgive Forget' both missed the top 40.

'Forgive Forget' - UK # 14
'City Of Stars' - UK # 29

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 21st December 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #83
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

They missed it unfortunately, you must be looking at the sales chart

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st December 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #84
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Speak Now is definitely Taylor's best, absolute perfection wub.gif Apart from Never Grow Up ofc, vile xx

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 21st December 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Very happy that Jonjo chose "Run" for best cover version wub.gif It's one of my all time faves that I've been going back to a lot more recently.

Also love for Blackout! I'm not as familiar with the other two albums oops.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 21st December 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #86
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

Day #22...
Guilty pleasure

Cameron:

I know most people would put a proper cheese fest for a guilty pleasure (and Michelle McManus x) but I decided to go for a song that most of my friends would probably slag me for if I put on at pre's so I went for a proper 2000 bop from Buzzjack favourite - Delta Goodrem! Lost Without You is such an incredible track and obviously, in today's society, it would be panned as cringy and would flop horribly. It is so stereotypical noughties but it is just toooooooo gooooood wub.gif

Jonjo:

I hate the term "guilty pleasure" laugh.gif You like what you like. But I guess in the sense of "liking something which nobody else seems to like, I would choose 'Baby' by Justin Bieber. It's a genuine bop and as irritatingly repetitive as it is, it worms it's way into your head. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets, even though I can kinda see why it gets hate. But yeah, pure and utter pop joy!

UltraReputation:

I have far far too many guilty pleasures that I listen to all the time kink.gif laugh.gif I very nearly went for Livin La Vida Loca here but instead I've gone for iconique Shrek classic All Star <3 I always get my life to this and bop to it whenever I listen and this is low-key such a tune <3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 23rd December 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #87
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Day #23...
Favourite Christmas music video

Cameron:

To some, this may be considered boring, but I love this video. Ariana has been one of my favourites since I eagerly waited for The Way countdown on Twitter, so seeing her being herself in a music video is so joyous to see! Ariana having fun with her dancers (and best friends) taking the piss out of each other just for Christmas fun is wonderful to see. With added bloopers what isn't there not to love?

Jonjo:

Struggled for this one, as I don't think about the music videos for xmas songs much for some reason laugh.gif but this video is always really good fun. Shouldn't be too surprising when its a Comic Relief single iirc. Light hearted, funny, Christmassy... perfect.

UltraReputation:

And let's choose Idina again *.* This is easily my favourite Christmas video as most of the others are pretty forgettable unfortunately sad.gif This video is so cute and the aesthetics of the video slay me. I love the Gatsby-ish WB logo opening and the video is cute, fun, ADORABLE and Christmassy so it ticks every box. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 23rd December 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #88
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

It's no Tom Jones & Cerys!!

Jesus Bieber looks so young in that Baby video!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th December 2017, 01:44 AM
Post #89
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Day #24...
Your #1 Christmas Cracker

Cameron:

As you all already know, The Grinch is my all-time Christmas fav! So it is no surprise that Where Are You, Christmas? is picked as my #1. Faith's vocal performance is just beautiful and the song is perfect for describing the period where you doubt Santa's existence but don't want to give up on Christmas. It hoenstly breaks my heart and gets me emotional. sad.gif

Jonjo:

Ever since I was a kid, this has always been a fave of mine and with each passing year, it solidifies itself as my absolute favourite. It's so joyous, heart warming, charming and it has such an irresistable hook and carefree pop melody! All time classic heart.gif

UltraReputation:

As much as I adore One More Sleep and others, nothing could come close to Queen of Christmas Mariah for me as AIWFCIY is still the ultimate Christmas song <3 I always have this on repeat around this time of year and this is just an upbeat, fun and christmassy masterpiece. <3

---
And that concludes our Pop Advent Calendar. cheer.gif

We would like to thank you all for reading and following this thread. Thanks specifically to all of you who have found the time to comment on this. It was so much fun to do. wub.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.

With lots of love and warmth

The POP MODS heart.gif heart.gif xx

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 24th December 2017, 06:32 AM
Post #90
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

heart.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 24th December 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #91
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Wizzard for me from the final day - haven't really heard much of the Faith Hill Christmas track although it's well liked in here!

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post 24th December 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471

Omg a massive yes at Meat Loaf/Marion Raven's "It's All Coming Back To Me Now". What a song and it works so beautifully as a duet. I'm a huge Meat Loaf fan and you're right, this song was written for him originally by his long time collaborator, Jim Steinman, before going to Celine back in the day. It's such a shame his health has deteriorated so much and his voice is well and truly shot. His live shows were really something to behold. Out of everyone I've ever seen live, I've never seen anyone give it all on the stage like Meat.

And as for Leona's Run, it's practically flawless. Her performance of it on the X Factor is one of the best live performances I've ever seen. She was at her absolute best and was vocally untouchable. And when the choir appeared for the massive final chorus, I still get goosebumps. That will forever be her finest moment.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: 24th December 2017, 11:15 AM

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 04:10 PM