BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
22 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Summericia National Thread, BJSC 163 : Kissimjau - Go Ghost
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 2nd February 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #121
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Omg Prince Rama!! *.* I considered their song 'Now Is The Time Of Emotion' for BJSC before but never got round to it. They have a pretty cool sound!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 4th February 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #122
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 2 2017, 10:55 PM) *
Omg Prince Rama!! *.* I considered their song 'Now Is The Time Of Emotion' for BJSC before but never got round to it. They have a pretty cool sound!

They do indeed, 'Bohemia' i did check out last year & sounded like a garunteed Dnq. I have heard YLITE but might have to listen again as it was sounding only 'ok' for me at first!

Anyway I have chosen my entry & im really happy with it.

We will reveal what it is soon *.*

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 9th February 2017, 03:53 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 12th February 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #123
Group icon
Rob aah

Teaser *.*

"Emperial Dreams" "Crimson Waters"

Just some descriptions mentioned in the song~

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 12th February 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #124
Group icon
Rob aah

Summericia are keeping up with the bizarre yet great entries and will follow up their previous top 10 smash with Prince Rama, they've been around for a many years but finally get a promotion to BJSC with their latest track 'Fantasy' which comes from the album Xtreme Now released in March of last year.

Robert head of Summericia says the following on the song 'Well it's a interesting little slice of Psychedelic pop that would have fit perfectly in the 70's era especially with one artist who started her career in that decade which I'm sure if one of Prince Rama's inspirations & a clear influence on this track and that lady's name would be the ICONIC Kate Bush'.

Beware the video does feature a penis mellow.gif & blood and a symbol of human cannibalism which I hope doesn't put people off the overall video (even I don't like that section but whatever fits as sadistic art these days)

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 12th February 2017, 08:46 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 14th February 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #125
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

This is another really great entry from you! ohmy.gif (Prince Rama already having Jade's seal of approval was clearly a good sign xx but seriously this is fab)

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 14th February 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #126
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Bré @ Feb 14 2017, 10:19 PM) *
This is another really great entry from you! ohmy.gif (Prince Rama already having Jade's seal of approval was clearly a good sign xx but seriously this is fab)

Yassss. It's certainly different in a creative way & catchy as hell! Good to see your on board, just needs to qualify which I have severe doubts over for some reason sad.gif but hype & love for Fantasy is definitely welcome <3

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th February 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Rob aah

AND we were absolutely right to have our concerns over this not qualifying but we are devastated at finishing in 29th & ruining our streak momentum :'(

This isn't the first time we've finished 29th though as Hartebees did exactly the same in January last year.

We do move Swiftly on with the 93rd contest and we have an absolute pop tune lined up heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th February 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #128
Group icon
Alone and wounded

I really don't get how this did so badly sad.gif thank you so much for the discovery anyway Rob <3 excited to see what you bring next month!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th February 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 19 2017, 11:09 PM) *
I really don't get how this did so badly sad.gif thank you so much for the discovery anyway Rob <3 excited to see what you bring next month!

Me neither I was expecting to be 23rd if I were to Dnq. Must have not clicked with people on the first couple of listens...

No problem I'm not let down from the support of Bré & yourself tho, thanks for pointing it and to Harve as well smile.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 27th February 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #130
Group icon
Rob aah

The head of Summericia, Robert says that the nation has now discovered a new song that will be entered (when confirmations open) no need to post potentials all the same but we will say this.... it does include a former artist representative of Persephonia *.* (although it could be sent to nuggets I guess but I seriously doubt that x)

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 27th February 2017, 04:03 PM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th February 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #131
Group icon

Interested to find out what this is thinking.gif Not much jumps to mind for past Persephonian artists who would have a song eligible for Nuggets.

Second time you've recycled one of my artists if you do go ahead with this *.* following MAASAI x

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 28th February 2017, 11:44 AM
Post #132
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Bré @ Feb 28 2017, 12:31 AM) *
Interested to find out what this is thinking.gif Not much jumps to mind for past Persephonian artists who would have a song eligible for Nuggets.

Second time you've recycled one of my artists if you do go ahead with this *.* following MAASAI x

It's actually two artists (the main one isn't the artist you've sent tongue.gif ) together. It's the first entrants contribution to the song that could easily count for possible nuggets eligibility. So I guess it does include guitar riffs kink.gif

Oh yea I keep forgetting about MAASAI heehee.gif (still haven't got round to the one you sent tongue.gif )

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 12th March 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #133
Group icon
Rob aah

YASSS we enter to the 93rd this electronic tune music.gif it's the first time Summericia have gone instrumental so we hope this is a risk worth taking muchl ike the last two (CRIM3S & Prince Rama), basically 2017 is all about us continuing to bring out the experiemtal risks & it's safe to say with this song that WE ARE OBSESSED <3 <3 <3

also stumbling across the video made me love it even more, wow incredible *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th March 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #134
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Oh my god Rob SLAY at you sending two potential artists of mine in a row *.* but in the case of this entry it's the exact song! I found 'Sentient' on Reddit last year and then this was a suggested video from that. I don't think I ever would've got round to sending it so I am SOOOO glad you went for it wub.gif Adoring your sound these days.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 12th March 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #135
Group icon

I see you changed your entry kink.gif What was the one that recycled Persephonia? Or are you still holding onto that one? x

(this sounds pretty fab once again from the clip I heard on plug though!! I have come across the name Carpenter Brut before but don't think I ever heard any of their songs)

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 13th March 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #136
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Melobrama @ Mar 12 2017, 11:17 PM) *
I see you changed your entry kink.gif What was the one that recycled Persephonia? Or are you still holding onto that one? x

(this sounds pretty fab once again from the clip I heard on plug though!! I have come across the name Carpenter Brut before but don't think I ever heard any of their songs)

Yeh I did lmao, I had 3 different songs confirmed and this was the far superior song to the other two.

As im on tablet right now I can't link the video rn so I'll just say it was Dance with the dead's remix of 'Battlefield' by Magic Sword (main artist btw) I only just realised Cody had sent DWTD to one of the other spin off contests so left it & I'm not sure this would have got through possibly scraping a bottom 5 which I rly don't need so quick haha!

For what's it worth the artist I originally confirmed (two different songs of) were recycling potentially of Bignia lol but I don't love them anywhere near as much as I do this wub.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 13th March 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #137
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(alt-Jade ∆ @ Mar 12 2017, 11:16 PM) *
Oh my god Rob SLAY at you sending two potential artists of mine in a row *.* but in the case of this entry it's the exact song! I found 'Sentient' on Reddit last year and then this was a suggested video from that. I don't think I ever would've got round to sending it so I am SOOOO glad you went for it wub.gif Adoring your sound these days.

YASS I saw Sentient show up on ma recommended videos over the weekend coincidently *.* I'm glad ur lovin it & woop finally on the right path hehe tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th March 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #138
Group icon
Rob aah

This Turbo is zooming straight into the 93rd BJSC Final cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Only the second time I've been confident in a qualification actually. Glad to see it deliver the goods for us!
Now we would like that support maintained and for another great result next week *.*

Turbo Killer becomes Summericia's 10th qualifier out of 17 entries so wheeeeeyyyyyyy for that too.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 26th March 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #139
Group icon
Rob aah

As revealed in Danaelanda land tonight, Turbo Killer finished in 22nd place. Whilst we are disappointed at missing the top 20 with it, it does overtake Ignea's 'Alga' as our 2nd best performing entry & also becomes our 4th non consecutive song to finish within the top 25 in the last 6 months *.*

Thanks to Terra Avium for their magnificent 18, Jadakissnia for the 15 as well as Singerpurear. Big thanks to Flynnonda, Fljótavík, Persephonia, FSR Rontvia, Quintessa, Mulgracia, Aeroche, Seyetana, Aesthetica and everyone else who pointed us heart.gif

We may be entering BJSC 94 ;o (depending on if we can discover something we really love & maybe continuing with our experimentation).

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 26th March 2017, 09:46 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 9th April 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #140
Group icon
Rob aah

After much deliberation we have decided on going back to pop for this contest, the difference being is unlike my previous pop entries this one is more rnb pop.

Ericka Jane is a Danish singersongwriter who's been claiming to be BAD LIKE YOU, it's got an irresistibly catchy chorus and something that's worth getting down to at nightclubs, a summer sizzler which is quite fitting as we are called Summericia after all wink.gif

Hopefully one to win the pop hoes over with after not really sending pop all that often to manys surprise ;o

This post has been edited by Rob S ~: 9th April 2017, 01:47 PM

+Quote this post

22 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:48 PM