BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Camilla's racist past exposed ~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Dec 18 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

This is actually disgusting? blink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 18 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
She has tweeted a very transparent 2-dimensional "apology" that suggests that all she did was say "a bad racist word" when in reality it is SO MUCH MORE than just that.

The racism, slander, abuse-supporting of Rihanna, more racism to other cultures, stereotyping, yet more racism. Maybe her and Shawn deserve each other after all ~

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Dec 18 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #3
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
well that’s the end of this forum then

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Dec 18 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Okay.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Dec 18 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🙄
Everything’s been removed ?!!!?

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Dec 18 2019, 09:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
🙄
Everything’s been removed ?!!!?

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Dec 18 2019, 11:53 PM
Post #7
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Time for this to become a Normani and Ally forum only?

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 19 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I really am disgusted, I'm not one for cancelling out all celebrities because of one slip up, but the context and vitriol behind what she said repulses me. I used to be a massive fan, went to her last concert and she preached about mental health etc. I really am sick of people using age as an excuse, I have never and would never dream of using such language at whatever age I was.

I think she might find it hard to come back from this, and her album is boring trash doesn't help anyway.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 19 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
What she did really was bad and I'm extremely disappointed in her. I'm not cancelling her over this though cause I've never been interested in cancelling someone for stupid social media shit they did as teenagers, but it's undoubtedly a dark cloud against her in the public eye now and she's gonna have to work hard to go against this.

However, if a male artist had done this, you do wonder if the reaction would've been quite so strong (and I mean, even Shawn had racist tweets exposed and his backlash never seemed even close to this)...

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 19 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
What did Shawn say? I wasn't actually aware of that!

I just don't really buy the excuse of it them being silly as teenagers, I never ever said things like that when I was a teenager and many people I work with who are still teenagers would never either. It's a very weak excuse and the apology issued is paper thin.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Dec 19 2019, 04:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
There's some of his tweets posted here https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...sitive-18996742

I would never have said any of this as a teenager either but I work with them daily and I know some of them would say stuff like this, because they think it's funny rather than with the intention of being racist (and, looking at Shawn's, I could certainly believe in most cases he was trying to be funny, very misguidedly). I also think it's important that we remember that teenagers are still kids, and both Shawn and Camila were in the limelight before adulthood. Condemn the tweets / reblogs because they absolutely deserve it (Camila in particular) but I think it's more important to look at how they act now, because none of this stuff is recent. People can change and make improvements to themselves, though perhaps it's just me trying to see the good in people?

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 19 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I'm certainly trying to see the good in people too, I would love to believe that Camila isn't racist but then she's also had claims from the likes of Cupcakke that she is racist even now, just not overtly. The apology seemed a bit narcassitic, talking about how it made HER felt and defending how she is doing so good now to help people, when really she should be focusing on the damage she is causing others knowing that a huge star like her is using such despicable racist language and thinking that's okay - so if we look at how she's acting now, she isn't doing much better imo. Her apology wasn't that great, only put on an Insta story as well for Instagram which is deleted after 24 hours.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Dec 19 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
The apology is ridiculous. For anyone just reading the apology and not seeing the actual content, it seems as though all she's done is say a bad word or two and that's it. What about her posts about Rihanna being beaten up?

A tweet or two is bad, but this is literally a plethora of them, repeatedly diminishing other cultures and people and is therefore inexcusable. Her apology is about as watered down and tepid as her music. She will need a lot more to turn people's views around in today's especially fickle internet culture.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Dec 19 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Can someone tell me what she actually said?

I really love Camila always have. It’s a shame if this really does go against her. I don’t think she’s homophobic or racist tbh. She was in a band with members of different ethnicities and she’s collaborated with a lot of artists from varied backgrounds too! We don’t need to cancel her. Whoever made that thread up is obviously just jealous of her.

Edit: yeah the things she posted were quite bad tbh. But theres still people what need to be cancelled before she does. Plus I bet she got a real hard time from the other girls whilst they were in the band. They were obviously jealous and threatened by her because she IS a star. People who stan other artists constantly try and bring this whole she’s racist back up again because again she is a star!! None of the others in the band have that and people are just trying to bring her down for the sake of a few tweets. Idk but so many successful artists these days have done worse.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Dec 19 2019, 07:22 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 19 2019, 07:32 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I mean she allegedly used the same language towards Normani so I don't think "she was in a band with someone who's black" is really a defense, that's a hot take.

If it was retweeting one thing I'd be like oh ok she was young and thought it was funny but it's tonnes of things from her Tumblr. I can't believe she didn't go back and delete it before now!

I get that teenagers use that kind of language and think nothing of it but for me the most hollow apology that's there for a limited time doesn't really help a lot.

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post Dec 19 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938
I’m just curious.. how would other people like her to apologise? I see this a lot when celebs are called out on crap. They will say ‘this isn’t enough’, then they do what people suggest then will say ‘they only done it because we had to tell them to’.

(This isn’t me condoning ANYTHING. I just think you can’t win in these apology scenarios).

This post has been edited by Prettylittlebry: Dec 19 2019, 08:06 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Dec 19 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I agree on the apology you can’t really win.

But it’s happened with Shawn before. And bieber had a few videos too where he said some things you could class as racist.

I do think Camila is different now to the girl she was in those posts plus a lot of those things are just like retweet’s aren’t they it’s not like she made them herself. It was more immaturity than racism in my opinion.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Dec 19 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #18
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Reblogging racist content is racism! It indicates that she was amused/agreed with the sentiment of what she shared. That's really concerning, that that was ever her mindset, even if it hopefully isn't now.

I don't think immaturity is a valid excuse to defend racism, as if it's some natural phase for people to overcome once they're older. 15 is plenty old enough to know right from wrong & understand what you're doing/saying. Her reblogs occurred in the same year she auditioned for X Factor, and her use of the n word was still going on in the early years of the band, by the time she was 17.

Her apology just doesn't go deep enough, it's very surface level & temporary. As mentioned by others, her apology comes across like she "only" said a bad word a couple of times. As the thread shows, it's worse than that, far more constant and it reflects super badly on her. I can understand why people aren't so willing to let this go that easily.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 19 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
The thing that's baffling me the most is.. why is it all popping up (ofc rightfully) now? laugh.gif

I think with some apologies you can tell they're being sincere and then there are others where you know they're just doing it coz their publicist said to do so or to save face and is only sorry coz they got caught etc.. It's concerning that she ever thought like this/thought about it enough to decide she was gonna reblog it on a social media platform. This wasn't just an innocent mistake. They're racist and awful. It's literally that simple. I'm SO disappointed in her. I wanted to believe that her calling Normani the N word situation was indeed all fake but I really am not so sure anymore.

Her age is definitely not a valid excuse!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 20 2019, 12:38 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Dec 19 2019, 10:31 PM) *
Reblogging racist content is racism! It indicates that she was amused/agreed with the sentiment of what she shared. That's really concerning, that that was ever her mindset, even if it hopefully isn't now.

I don't think immaturity is a valid excuse to defend racism, as if it's some natural phase for people to overcome once they're older. 15 is plenty old enough to know right from wrong & understand what you're doing/saying. Her reblogs occurred in the same year she auditioned for X Factor, and her use of the n word was still going on in the early years of the band, by the time she was 17.

Her apology just doesn't go deep enough, it's very surface level & temporary. As mentioned by others, her apology comes across like she "only" said a bad word a couple of times. As the thread shows, it's worse than that, far more constant and it reflects super badly on her. I can understand why people aren't so willing to let this go that easily.

Exactly, like it just reads exactly what you would be told to say by PR in these situations! It's the fact she only put it on Stories too, which is of course temporary and it's like she's brushing it under the carpet. It just doesn't feel "real", like Jonjo said sometimes when these things come out it feels real and you know they mean it but this just... doesn't.

As said as well, there was already the whole thing of her using the n word to Normani and I thought that was one of those things to tear Camila down but when you see this evidence... To think she thought absolutely nothing of racist jokes, and using the same racist language, at the age of 15, 16, 17, is concerning.

I don't care if "people are still famous having done worse", I don't care if you're a fan and love her music, that's absolutely no excuse and it's a really piss poor and paper thin excuse to try and use to defend her.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:59 AM