BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
38 Pages V  « < 36 37 38  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now That's What I Call Music! | The Thread 4.0, Now 100 – Out Now!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
gavindeejay
post Tuesday, 05:36 PM
Post #741
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

For some reason I can't see 'Shallow' being included. I really hope Disc 2 isn't infested with dull rap songs like 101 was!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Tuesday, 05:41 PM
Post #742
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,386
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gavindeejay @ Feb 19 2019, 05:36 PM) *
For some reason I can't see 'Shallow' being included. I really hope Disc 2 isn't infested with dull rap songs like 101 was!

"Shallow" was on NOW 69 US so it might. I just hope it doesn’t include songs which were released before NOW 100

+Quote Post
gavindeejay
post Tuesday, 05:47 PM
Post #743
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
Member No.: 7,645
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Hadji @ Feb 19 2019, 05:41 PM) *
"Shallow" was on NOW 69 US so it might. I just hope it doesn’t include songs which were released before NOW 100

Ed Sheeran was on the US Now albums but not on the UK albums (apart for Galway Girl). Is there anything still outstanding from before Now 100 that they could include on 102? I think anything from TGS or Ed Sheeran is out of the question now.

+Quote Post
danG
post Tuesday, 06:32 PM
Post #744
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I can't see Mo Bamba, Gun Lean, Psych Out and 18Hunna getting inclusions, they're probably too 'urban' for most NOW listeners.

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Tuesday, 06:40 PM
Post #745
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

I love the cover!!

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Tuesday, 06:41 PM
Post #746
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585

Another good one!

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Tuesday, 07:15 PM
Post #747
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Feb 19 2019, 06:32 PM) *
I can't see Mo Bamba, Gun Lean, Psych Out and 18Hunna getting inclusions, they're probably too 'urban' for most NOW listeners.

"Gun Lean" appears on another compilation titled "Drippin' in Sauce" which is out on Friday which means it will more likely appear. And at the end of the day, urban is the most popular genre in the chart at the moment. "18Hunna" went top 10 and they seem to be loving Dave a lot at NOW so he’s a possibility. If you say they’re not snubbing songs, you’re wrong. Steel Banglez was snubbed off NOW 99 and Lil Dicky was snubbed off NOW 100

This post has been edited by Hadji: Wednesday, 01:05 AM

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Wednesday, 03:59 PM
Post #748
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Another NOW spin-off titled NOW 100 Hits Power Ballads is due for release on 29th March

+Quote Post
Hadji
post 1 hour ago
Post #749
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

"Thank U, Next", "Don't Call Me Up", "Play", "7 Rings", "Someone You Loved", "When The Party's Over" and "1999" are all set to appear on the upcoming compilation Sing Your Heart Out 2019 which means they’ll all most likely appear on NOW 102 except WTPO which they might skip in favour of BAF

+Quote Post
andeeeeyhart
post 49 minutes ago
Post #750
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,713
   No Gallery Pics

LOVE that cover. Really loving the new style we've had since Now 101.

+Quote Post
andeeeeyhart
post 36 minutes ago
Post #751
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,713
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Hadji @ Feb 19 2019, 07:15 PM) *
"Gun Lean" appears on another compilation titled "Drippin' in Sauce" which is out on Friday which means it will more likely appear. And at the end of the day, urban is the most popular genre in the chart at the moment. "18Hunna" went top 10 and they seem to be loving Dave a lot at NOW so he’s a possibility. If you say they’re not snubbing songs, you’re wrong. Steel Banglez was snubbed off NOW 99 and Lil Dicky was snubbed off NOW 100

There's no evidence they're snubbing songs, or at least not as much as you seem to think. If it's a normal, 2 disc Now, there's almost always a reason why a song that has been left off gets left off, be it licensing rights, record company issues, artist permission etc. It is never a case of Jenny Fisher and co putting their personal biases in affect to snub certain artists and tracks. They're making a compilation to appeal to the mainstream as a whole, not based on their own musical tastes.

Now 100, granted, was a slight exception as they only had one disc of current songs to play with, so they had to cut down more than they normally would. Freaky Friday almost certainly would have appeared on Now 100 had it been two discs of current songs, but with a 22 track limit for modern songs, they were never going to waste time with a track that needed to be heavily edited and censored, which they themselves alluded too in that interview prior to Now 100 coming out.

+Quote Post
Whoody4Paramore
post 30 minutes ago
Post #752
PARAMORE ARTIST FORUM PLEASE
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Hadji @ Feb 19 2019, 07:15 PM) *

To be fair, it is more popular than it has been for a while, but it's definitely not more popular in the UK than pop.

There's more pop songs in the chart this week than there are 'urban'.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 36 37 38
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Hadji

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2019 - 12:02 PM