BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anime
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz~
post Jul 6 2019, 03:02 PM
Post #261
pray for kyo ani
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929

I'm keeping an eye on what's coming out in this first week of the new season. I think I will give Dr. Stone a go, for sure, that sounds good. Heard decent things about the dumbbell one although I'm not sure it's for me. Out of the ones that have premiered so far.

Something else that sounds INCREDIBLY interesting is Vinland Saga, a well beloved manga from all accounts, and from the name Vinland, sounds incredibly up my alley as that's surely about Vikings. That's starting in a couple of days.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jul 7 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #262
Jesus save us. Modernity has failed us
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771
   No Gallery Pics

Just started 7 Seeds on Netflix, seen a lot of negativity about it online but I've really enjoyed the first episode.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Jul 7 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #263
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jul 6 2019, 04:02 PM) *
Something else that sounds INCREDIBLY interesting is Vinland Saga, a well beloved manga from all accounts, and from the name Vinland, sounds incredibly up my alley as that's surely about Vikings. That's starting in a couple of days.

People are also excited due to the people involved with the adaption, in particular Wit Studio who are currently enjoying a lot of hype thanks to their brilliant work on Attack On Titan. I've seen nothing but good things being said on forums about the adaptation from those who have seen more than most. It's definitely something I'm going to pick up.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jul 8 2019, 02:24 AM
Post #264
pray for kyo ani

First episode of Dr. Stone was great! Like Civilization's tech tree: the anime, at least that's the promise. So interesting seeing this smart guy figure out how to build distilleries and stuff by himself. Love it.

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jul 7 2019, 10:48 PM) *
Just started 7 Seeds on Netflix, seen a lot of negativity about it online but I've really enjoyed the first episode.

I haven't picked up that or other Netflix original anime, but I reckon a lot of the people complaining are those who've been watching anime for a long time and are expecting higher standards from a Netflix adaptation (from a quick scan of the reviews on MAL for that one it's because it's rushed?). Either that or they have a weird hatred for Netflix's destruction of the traditional week-to-week schedule, which is of course horrible. Either way, glad you are enjoying and remember, it isn't always about the tastemakers, while I tend to go with the crowd in anime, many people really like shows that are rated below a 7 on MAL. And that's okay. They're still people.

also yes, first three episodes of Vinland Saga are now OUT. I'm gonna watch it later, I'll report back.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jul 9 2019, 03:31 AM
Post #265
pray for kyo ani

Vinland Saga, at least from the first three episodes, is beautiful. Beautiful show (I've been posting so many great backgrounds on my Twitter), great story (covering one of my favourite underused historical periods, the age of Viking exploration), exciting themes, WIT have done it again.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Jul 10 2019, 09:12 PM
Post #266
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Wait the first three epsiodes are out?! I assume it's one/week from now on though?

Also regarding MAL and Netflix anime releases - a lot of them are scored lower due to a lot of "elitist" views in regards to Netflix not going by the release schedule/western influences in some series (which isn't at all a bad thing). Honestly, I've enjoyed every Netflix original anime series I've watched so far and I've noticed that generally their scores on MAL go up over time once the initial release is over and the people watching them are giving honest reviews.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Thursday, 04:30 AM
Post #267
pray for kyo ani

Some pretty sad news that I'm really torn up about, Kyoto Animation (Haruhi, K-On!, Clannad, Dragon Maid among others), one of the best studios in the anime business for animation quality and worker's rights, has suffered an arson attack to their studio 1. Many injuries and the police are confirming multiple deaths as well. Awful stuff sad.gif

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Thursday, 01:15 PM
Post #268
pray for kyo ani

I've been upset about this all day.

At least 26 declared dead now. That's approx 20% of their entire staff.

It's so awful for everyone involved. They're one of the best in the business, I've always come away from their shows feeling happy or emotionally fulfilled and many of their shows I've watched are among my favourites, including Haruhi, the one that properly got me into anime. And even if that weren't the case, this is a tragedy that has taken so many talented people within the industry. It's turning into Japan's Grenfell and it's destroyed so much, these people and their art were loved by so many around the world. The industry as a whole will take some time to recover from this.

Donations have been pouring in with a gofundme set up by their North American partner Sentai, but I'm going to support them directly, and buy some of their digital art from their site (https://kyoani.shop-pro.jp/), quick, no hassle to anyone and the money should go straight to them.

+Quote Post
coi
post Thursday, 01:47 PM
Post #269
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

This is really awful to hear. Kyoto Animation have been so influential to so many people, particularly with A Silent Voice, one of the first anime films I watched and a really well made one as well! To see the offices on fire, knowing at least 26 are dead and 36 are in hospital, is saddening. A tragedy and a major shock for the anime industry.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Thursday, 04:36 PM
Post #270
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

That's so sad! They have produced some great anime and had more in the works. The death toll is now up to 33. Just devastating not only for the industry, but for all the deceased's friends and family. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Thursday, 05:05 PM
Post #271
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely horrific thing to happen, not just for anime fans, but for Japan itself. With 33 confirmed dead (and unfortunately still due to rise even more), this is now the biggest mass killing in the country since the end of World War II, so it is an unprecedented tragedy for the country.

I've been familiar with the output of Kyoto Animation for as long as I've watched anime. "Lucky Star" was one of the first anime series that I watched from start to finish, and I have always had a soft spot for "Nichijou" (I even have a mug of it). I've also had "A Silent Voice" on my Netflix queue for a while, and given the tragic news, I will have to watch it this weekend.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Friday, 02:45 AM
Post #272
pray for kyo ani

I loved Nichijou when I watched it earlier this year. Such positive, imaginative and adorable comedy. Got to be up there with the best of this decade. I watched A Silent Voice last year and also loved it.

So many of their works have been on my list of things to watch for some time, Lucky Star, Clannad, Amagi Brilliant Park, Hibike Euphonium to name a few. I've started watching the second season of K-On now, as I only watched the first season a couple of years ago, and it's all so pretty cry.gif

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 06:57 PM