BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> iZombie, (Un)Deadly underrated
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post Mar 23 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #1
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Any justice for this show on here? It's quickly become one of my favourites after the drastic change in pace after Season 2 and this year's season is really good. I admit this was originally a guilty pleasure for me as the first Season & a half were super corny, both in idea and execution tongue.gif But since pretty much the midseason finale of S2 the entire show has just gotten so so much better! It's faster paced, the storylines are actually gripping and interesting, and some of the side characters have become more likeable. Liv, Ravi, and Clive have been brilliant since the beginning but it took me a while to really appreciate Major (who is a completely different person to who he was in Season 1 I think), Peyton and especially Blaine, who is arguably my favourite now laugh.gif

It's still pretty corny in places but that is the premise of the show/comic really. Many of the character's names are super-obvious/terrible puns, the sequence cue cards are uniquely ridiculous ("Hey now, you're an Allistar" for example), and often times the personality changing brains are insane - but in fairness that is just a testament for how close to the source material this adaptation is tbh.

eg.
Liv Moore - quite obviously "Live More" because shes a zombie who is living more after dying
Fillmore-Graves - a company of zombies which for a period was trying to turn everyone into zombies

That said, this show is definitely worth watching even if you do feel like your dragging yourself through the beginning. Now that The Walking Dead has gotten consistently worse for about 3 years now this is my favourite zombie TV show tongue.gif

Does anyone else here watch this? I tried searching for a thread but no results tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:12 PM